Thread poster: mónica alfonso

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:37
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 27, 2005

Trados 5.5, Windows 98, Office 2000
Though Trados seems to have cleaned file, when I open it no changes have taken place, both source and target are there.
Also, I have tried saving target. Everything seems ok, but whan I try to open the file a message reads:
35017 Expected end of tag "xref"
Line 2246
Column 785

I have no idea what this means (or where/how that line/column is to be found).
Thanks in advance

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:37
English to German
+ ...
Which file type? Oct 27, 2005

Hi Mónica,
First of all, I have moved the topic to Trados Support - please use this forum to post Trados-related topics.

Which (underlying) file type was the TTX file created from?

Though Trados seems to have cleaned file, when I open it no changes have taken place, both source and target are there.

That would be expected behaviour, as a cleanup of a TTX file creates the target file, but leaves the TTX unchanged (essentially, the TTX file is equivalent to a .bak file when working on Word documents).

Also, I have tried saving target. Everything seems ok, but whan I try to open the file a message reads:
35017 Expected end of tag "xref"
Line 2246
Column 785

Searching the Trados KB for the error number comes up with Article 1389 - can you check the source file for authoring errors?

Best regards,
Ralf

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:37
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What are authoring errors? Oct 27, 2005

How can I check for them?
THe underlying file is xml.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem to clean Tageditor file

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search