TagEditor problems /adpating target text to target audience
Thread poster: xxxLia Fail
xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 8, 2005

I am having problems with TagEditor for ASP files. The problem is NOT with TagEDitor as such, simply the fact that I can't make text adaptations; for example:

1. The ST is inconsistent with phone numbers: sometimes they are written with dots (987.564.656), sometimes without (987564656)

TE won't let me change these, so HOW?

2. The ST is inconsistent with the use of bold and italics. Thus, Article X of Law Y is sometimes in bold, sometimes in italics.

I know how to ADD but HOW do I remove?

3. I would like to exclude sentences! Not so radical when you see this example:

"What do I have to do in Catalonia?
Obtain the NIE".

The entire text is about getting the special ID for forigners, so it's a bit excessive to be spelling it out again. The Q is OK, becuase it's the heading for a section that explians precisely how to get the NIE.

Any help apprecaited:-)

Direct link Reply with quote

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Turn protection off Nov 8, 2005

To be able to change the source text and tags in segments, you need to turn the document and tag protection off. In TagEditor, go to: Tools - Options - Protection and uncheck "Protect tags" and "Protect document". Don't forget to turn it back on after making the changes. I recommend reading Help for more information (just press the Help button on the Protection tab).

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
internal and external tags Nov 8, 2005

I'm afraid I don't know enough to even distinguish between internal and external tags, so it's pretty meaningless to me.

What's more, I cannot find any information on REMOVING tags, e.g. so I can't change italics to bold.

[Edited at 2005-11-08 20:26]

[Edited at 2005-11-08 20:26]

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Tags Nov 8, 2005

I'm afraid I don't know enough to even distinguish between internal and external tags, so it's pretty meaningless to me.

I am not sure what you are refering to.

What's more, I cannot find any information on REMOVING tags, e.g. so I can't change italics to bold.

Simply delete them as if they were a character, but disable tag protection first.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor problems /adpating target text to target audience

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search