https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/4060-one_repetition_two_deletions.html

One repetition, two deletions
Thread poster: Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:00
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Jul 21, 2002

Questions nos. 239058 and 239059 on 21st January, English-German, both asked for the German for \"state of the art\". 239058 ws deleted by Genevieve von Levetzow, reason, repetition. 239059 was deleted by Mats Wiman for the same reason.

It would appear that each saw the two questions, and unaware that the other was doing anything, each deleted one of them - unfortunately, different ones. The question was thus deleted altogether.

Could some technical means be devised to pre
... See more
Questions nos. 239058 and 239059 on 21st January, English-German, both asked for the German for \"state of the art\". 239058 ws deleted by Genevieve von Levetzow, reason, repetition. 239059 was deleted by Mats Wiman for the same reason.

It would appear that each saw the two questions, and unaware that the other was doing anything, each deleted one of them - unfortunately, different ones. The question was thus deleted altogether.

Could some technical means be devised to prevent such a double deletion happening?
Collapse

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 09:00
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
It is fixed now... Jul 21, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-07-21 14:44, jdoughty wrote:

It would appear that each saw the two questions, and unaware that the other was doing anything, each deleted one of them - unfortunately, diff... See more
Quote:

On 2002-07-21 14:44, jdoughty wrote:

Could some technical means be devised to prevent such a double deletion happening?

It is a very rare case indeed.

I have checked both questions now, they were still both squashed and I have unsquashed the second (239059).

All moderators and bouncers can not only squash but also unsquash any question, if taken away by mistake.

There is no need of sophisticated controls, just contact a moderator and it will be fixed.

Gianfranco

English >Italian co-moderator

Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:00
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Three repetitions, two deletions! Jul 21, 2002

Hi you both!

There were three questions \"state of the art\".

One was deleted by Mats Wiman, the second one must have been deleted by Genevieve (as Jack stated above), and the third one has got 9 answers. All questions were from Genevieve, so I squashed the repetition again, that Gianfranco had friendly unsquashed. Everything is fixed now.

Genevieve must have a bad connection today and so she hit the \"ask the ProZ\" button three times. This happens somet
... See more
Hi you both!

There were three questions \"state of the art\".

One was deleted by Mats Wiman, the second one must have been deleted by Genevieve (as Jack stated above), and the third one has got 9 answers. All questions were from Genevieve, so I squashed the repetition again, that Gianfranco had friendly unsquashed. Everything is fixed now.

Genevieve must have a bad connection today and so she hit the \"ask the ProZ\" button three times. This happens sometimes in Germany, because the german Telecom has a lot of troubles with to many DSL customers for whom they do not have enough servers...

Best

Jerzy
Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:00
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thanks for explanations Jul 21, 2002

Thanks to all concerned for their explanations. I\'m sorry I \"pressed the panic button\" on this unnecessarily.

Qustion for Gianfranco: I am a \"bouncer\" myself, but how do I re-access a squashed question once it has been removed from the KudoZ page if it has not been emailed to me?

Geneviève von Levetzow
Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:00
French to German
+ ...
Sorry... Jul 21, 2002

... but some Jerzey said, the DSl connections in Germany are often very bad.

And it was 3 repetitions... One is enough

Best regards

Geneviève

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

One repetition, two deletions

Translation news related to CAT tools

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »