https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/41519-dragon_naturally_speaking_in_combination_with_wordfast.html

Dragon Naturally Speaking in combination with Wordfast
Thread poster: Nina Snoj
Nina Snoj
Nina Snoj
Slovenia
Spanish to Slovenian
+ ...
Jan 19, 2006

Dear colleagues,

I recently purchased Dragon Naturally Speaking 8.0. I would like to know how to use it together with Wordfast.Any tips are welcome since I couldn't find much on the net...Thanks.

Nina

[Edited at 2006-01-19 10:18]

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:46
Swedish to English
+ ...
Do nothing Jan 19, 2006

You do not need to do anything to use DNS with Wordfast (or practically any other application).

Once DNS is installed, and the Wordfast template is installed, you just start Wordfast and dictate. To doublecheck, I have just tried it. Works fine.

If for any reason this does not work, try this test instead: from the DragonBar, select Tools/DragonPad. Dictate into DragonPad. If that does not work, then your DNS installation is faulty.

darkokoporcic
darkokoporcic  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 13:46
Member (2005)
German to Slovenian
+ ...
Dragon Naturally Speaking in combination with Slovenian Jan 19, 2006

Hello!

This entry has reminded me of my copy of DNS, which I bought and then never had enough time and motive to try to teach it my language.

I have heard that it should not be completely hopeless to start from scratch, though I seriously doubt to achieve a working capacity as with the original vocabularies.

Does anyone have that kind of experience with DNS in languages that cannot hope to get commercial vocabularies?

Best regards,

... See more
Hello!

This entry has reminded me of my copy of DNS, which I bought and then never had enough time and motive to try to teach it my language.

I have heard that it should not be completely hopeless to start from scratch, though I seriously doubt to achieve a working capacity as with the original vocabularies.

Does anyone have that kind of experience with DNS in languages that cannot hope to get commercial vocabularies?

Best regards,

Darko
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon Naturally Speaking in combination with Wordfast

Translation news related to CAT tools

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »