Trados TagEditor swaps the keys in my keyboard?
Thread poster: Maria Asis
Maria Asis
Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:23
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 23, 2002

Dear all!

I\'ve just installed Trados TagEditor (Trados 5.5) and have seen that it has changes the keys functions. My ´ are now under the ç key, and my ( under the 5.

It\'s something strange for a Spanish keyboard, since this only happens when using trados TagEditor. I am now having no problem when writing this post.

Have any of you experienced this? If so, could you get to solve it
... See more
Dear all!

I\'ve just installed Trados TagEditor (Trados 5.5) and have seen that it has changes the keys functions. My ´ are now under the ç key, and my ( under the 5.

It\'s something strange for a Spanish keyboard, since this only happens when using trados TagEditor. I am now having no problem when writing this post.

Have any of you experienced this? If so, could you get to solve it?

Thanks

Maria José Asís
Collapse

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
Local time: 17:23
English to German
Key board swapping Oct 23, 2002

it may be related to the fact that the Tag Editor has the option of automatically switching the keyboard activated. You will find this under the options in the general tab. Deactivate this option and try it again. This may solve the problem.

HTH

Uwe

Daniel Meier
Daniel Meier  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Switch keyboards automatically Oct 23, 2002

Maybe this can solve your problem:

In TagEditor go to Tools/Options

on the General tab either select or unselect option Switch keyboards automatically.

If this does not help, maybe there is a problem with Windows keyboard or language settings.

See also TagEditor Help:

Select Switch Keyboards Automatically if you want TagEditor to automatically adjust the keyboard settings according to the target language of the cu
... See more
Maybe this can solve your problem:

In TagEditor go to Tools/Options

on the General tab either select or unselect option Switch keyboards automatically.

If this does not help, maybe there is a problem with Windows keyboard or language settings.

See also TagEditor Help:

Select Switch Keyboards Automatically if you want TagEditor to automatically adjust the keyboard settings according to the target language of the current translation memory. This works only if you have installed keyboard support for the corresponding language using the Windows Control Panel. For example, if Russian is the translation memory target language and the Russian keyboard has been installed, TagEditor can automatically switch the keyboard to Russian when opening the target segment.

Taken from: TagEditor 5 online help. (c) 1994-2000, TRADOS GmbH, Stuttgart, Germany. (c) 2002, TRADOS Ireland Ltd., Dublin.
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Check the TM language Oct 23, 2002

TagEditor switches the Windows keyboard to the target language, set in your Translation Memory.

So if you wish to translate English-Spanish, you must open the appropriate TM. If you accidentaly open a TM for English-Polish (as example), TagEditor will switch your keayboard to Polish - inlucind the layout for it.

I need more information to tell you how to set keyboard options. It depends on your Windows version and Office version. XP installs \"task bar for language
... See more
TagEditor switches the Windows keyboard to the target language, set in your Translation Memory.

So if you wish to translate English-Spanish, you must open the appropriate TM. If you accidentaly open a TM for English-Polish (as example), TagEditor will switch your keayboard to Polish - inlucind the layout for it.

I need more information to tell you how to set keyboard options. It depends on your Windows version and Office version. XP installs \"task bar for languages\" (or similar).

Jerzy
Collapse

Maria Asis
Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jerzy! Oct 23, 2002

Thanks Jerzy,

I really appreciate your always useful suggestions.

I managed to solve it.

Thanks again and happy translating!

Maria Jose

PS: What a difference between the previous odd status and the usual one! This is wonderful!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados TagEditor swaps the keys in my keyboard?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »