Thread poster: French Locale
French Locale
French Locale
Local time: 16:13
English to French
+ ...
Oct 25, 2002

Dear all,

I\'ve just received a strange e-mail from \"Claire\'s computer\" with \"Legal translation\" as the object. This email is written in English and related to English & German legal translations.

Don\'t know whether that\'s a mistake or not as the recipient indicated in the body of the message is \"Jean-Francis\" (strange name), but this message contains the Bugbear virus and should be deleted.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
See the related threads... Oct 25, 2002

...on this topic (search the forums for \"Bugbear\"). The trouble with this worm is that the messages sent are random, created using a separate SMTP engine (installed by the worm), using a random combination of addresses and messages found on the infected machine.

I have posted detailed information on how this works on quite a
... See more
...on this topic (search the forums for \"Bugbear\"). The trouble with this worm is that the messages sent are random, created using a separate SMTP engine (installed by the worm), using a random combination of addresses and messages found on the infected machine.

I have posted detailed information on how this works on quite a few threads, such as this one:

www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic=5565&forum=14&2

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-25 15:11 ]
Collapse

lien
lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
Me too... Oct 26, 2002

I have become very careful since I know of Bugbear. And, indeed, yesterday I also get a mail from an unknown person about German-English translation. I could read it from the preview, and I deleted it without opening it.

French Locale
French Locale
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 26, 2002

Ok, thanks for the info, Ralf.

Véronique

Albert Golub
Albert Golub  Identity Verified
English to French
www.bitdefender.com Oct 26, 2002

You can download a very small programme that dtects and removes bugbear from your computer from that site.

Good luck

tradusport
tradusport  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:13
Portuguese to French
+ ...
et aussi... Oct 26, 2002

à partir de www.grisoft.com, un programme qui s\'appelle AV6 ( gratuit).

Bonne chance

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bugbear virus?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »