Trados \"headache\"
Thread poster: vtranum
vtranum  Identity Verified
Danish to English
+ ...
Oct 30, 2002

Help.....!!

I have been reading and reading and been running through trados for the 100 time, and back to reading again.

anyone who can help me?

I can get it to translate from english to German, but then i realize that it is already setup as default, now i would like to get the programs to translate into a non default language, such as Danish, do i need to build a whole new vocabulary in Danish/English or? is there just an easier way to do it?

Direct link Reply with quote

claude
Thailand
Local time: 08:26
English to French
Maybe ... Oct 30, 2002

I don\'t understand the question but when you create a new translation memory (file-new), the first thing you do is selecting source and target languages. You can\'t change the language pair of an existing memory, I suppose.

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:26
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Installation Oct 30, 2002

If you got the Freelance version, when you installed the software it should have prompted you to choose five languages... If you did so, you may be choose Danish, English, German and perharps two more languages.

If you did so *and Danish is the language you want to use, just create a new memory based on an older one (that is, you have to open an old Trados file)

File > New > Source Language ENGLISH Target Language DANISH

That\'s all...

Regards,

Clarisa Moraña

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados \"headache\"

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search