https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/7213-problems_with_downloading_patch_from_trados_translationzonecom.html

problems with downloading patch from Trados translationzone.com
Thread poster: Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
Dec 20, 2002

specifically, KB 1128 Cumulative Patch for TRADOS 5.5 Freelance

but can\'t seem to do it, since I\'m prompted for a loginname and password. Should I apply for one as a Trados user? How to get them?

pkb (X)
pkb (X)

Local time: 15:24
French to English
You are not alone ! Dec 20, 2002

I too have tried to download this patch in the hope that it will cure some of the horrendous things that happen in TW for Excel.

I sent an e-mail, but obviously to the wrong person. I must try again, to the support team in Germany, who have been very helpful in the past.

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 23:24
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Trados patch download Dec 20, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-12-20 09:21, marcushm wrote:

but can\'t seem to do it, since I\'m prompted for a loginname and password. Should I apply for one as a Trados user? How to get them?

Hello, as far as I know, anybody is allowed to enter the patch download section by providing an ID and a password, i.e. af... See more
Quote:

Hello, as far as I know, anybody is allowed to enter the patch download section by providing an ID and a password, i.e. after creating your own.

Kind regards

Mario Cerutti ▲ Collapse

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 23:24
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Perhaps Trados have changed their mind... Dec 20, 2002

Quote:

Following my previous message on the same topics, after answering your posting I went to Translationzone.com and tried to ... See more
Quote:

Following my previous message on the same topics, after answering your posting I went to Translationzone.com and tried to download the same patch using my usual ID and Password. Unfortunately these seem not to work anymore, therefore we should contact Trados to have new ones.

Regards

Mario Cerutti ▲ Collapse

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:24
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Same problem here Dec 22, 2002

When I purchased Trados 5.5 they never send the me loginname (and password) or never even mention how to get them. I have sent several requests to Trados asking for them, and no answer yet...

Monika

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problems with downloading patch from Trados translationzone.com

Translation news related to CAT tools

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »