Thread poster: Karin Walker (X)
Karin Walker (X)
Karin Walker (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:59
German to English
+ ...
Jan 23, 2003

Similar question was posted below and have taken note of the responses, but this might be a bit different.

TWB will not import any TMs or aligned .txt files that are sent to me, EVEN THOUGH the languages match (in this case DE-EN). I have no idea why this won\'t work, have gone through the pdf manuals and online help only to conclude that there is not enough detail to help me solve this. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be, and more importantly how to solve it? If
... See more
Similar question was posted below and have taken note of the responses, but this might be a bit different.

TWB will not import any TMs or aligned .txt files that are sent to me, EVEN THOUGH the languages match (in this case DE-EN). I have no idea why this won\'t work, have gone through the pdf manuals and online help only to conclude that there is not enough detail to help me solve this. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be, and more importantly how to solve it? If I don\'t get to grips with this, the benefit of TWB is effectively halved...!

TIA

Karin

Collapse

Nikolai Muraviev
Nikolai Muraviev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:59
English to Russian
+ ...
Incorrect language descriptors Jan 23, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-01-23 12:20, KGartshore wrote:

TWB will not import any TMs or aligned .txt files that are sent to me, EVEN THOUGH the languages match (in this case DE-EN). I have no idea why this won\'t work, have gone ...

TIA

Karin

It may happen when structure of txt-TM segments is not match to TM\'s structure.

I had same problem for RU-EN pair. In my c... See more
Quote:

On 2003-01-23 12:20, KGartshore wrote:

TWB will not import any TMs or aligned .txt files that are sent to me, EVEN THOUGH the languages match (in this case DE-EN). I have no idea why this won\'t work, have gone ...

TIA

Karin

It may happen when structure of txt-TM segments is not match to TM\'s structure.

I had same problem for RU-EN pair. In my case, language descriptors were incorrect.

To check it, open .txt file in any editor and check segment structure. You may create \"empty\" TM in yout TRADOS and export .txt TM to see what structure you should have.

The probkem is fixed by replacing illegal descriptors by correct ones (search-replace)

Good luck!

Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 04:59
German to English
+ ...
Sublanguage Jan 23, 2003

Hello,

you are sure, that language and sublanguage match ?

Please describe the problem with more details.

You can test the process:

Open an exiting Memory and export the segments.

Create a new and import the segments.

Sometimes there diffenrences in the version of the txt file. There 2 versions (Trados 1 and Trados 2)

Maybe it helps

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import of .txt files and TMs unsuccessful

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »