Use TM in Table of Contents
Thread poster: Carol Chen

Carol Chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:02
English to Chinese
Sep 29, 2007

Hello, I'm dealing with a Word document. In the "Table of Contents", each heading line is made into a link. When I click it, no space appears below as those in other parts of the document. Could anybody encounter the same case and give any suggestions? Great thanks in advance!

 

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:02
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
No need to translate the TOC Sep 29, 2007

Carol Chen wrote:

Hello, I'm dealing with a Word document. In the "Table of Contents", each heading line is made into a link. When I click it, no space appears below as those in other parts of the document. Could anybody encounter the same case and give any suggestions? Great thanks in advance!


Tables of contents in Word docs, provided that they are automatic, can be updated automatically after finishing translation. No need to translate them.

HTH

Piotr


 

Carol Chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:02
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 29, 2007

Great thanks for explanation!

Regards

Carol

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

Carol Chen wrote:

Hello, I'm dealing with a Word document. In the "Table of Contents", each heading line is made into a link. When I click it, no space appears below as those in other parts of the document. Could anybody encounter the same case and give any suggestions? Great thanks in advance!


Tables of contents in Word docs, provided that they are automatic, can be updated automatically after finishing translation. No need to translate them.

HTH

Piotr


 

Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 13:02
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Another note on TOCs Sep 29, 2007

Piotr is, of course, absolutely right - no need to translate a TOC in Word.

Yet, and this is the case in Hebrew, and probably in other languages: you sometimes have to put a lot of (frustrating) effort into formatting the automatically created TOC.

This is another reason to do the TOC absolutely at the end - if you change a heading in the text after you finished with it, and wish to update the TOC, you're in formatting trouble all over again...

Good luck, Doron


 

Carol Chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:02
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for reminding! Sep 29, 2007

Hi,Doron

Many thanks for your reminding!

Regards

Carol

Doron Greenspan MITI wrote:

Piotr is, of course, absolutely right - no need to translate a TOC in Word.

Yet, and this is the case in Hebrew, and probably in other languages: you sometimes have to put a lot of (frustrating) effort into formatting the automatically created TOC.

This is another reason to do the TOC absolutely at the end - if you change a heading in the text after you finished with it, and wish to update the TOC, you're in formatting trouble all over again...

Good luck, Doron


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Use TM in Table of Contents

Advanced search







Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search