Error code in Translation Memory
Thread poster: Carol Chen

Carol Chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 15:14
English to Chinese
Sep 29, 2007

Hello, I'm using Translation Memory for English- Traditional Chinese. For some sentences, when translation memory is fetched, error code displays. Then I have to edit it again manually. Could anybody give kindly help? Thanks in advance

Furtherly,here is an example for it:
English:question
Chinese:question1
Error code shown:q&u$e%s^t#i*o@n


[Edited at 2007-09-29 14:39]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:14
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Strange error... Sep 29, 2007

Carol Chen wrote:
For some sentences, when translation memory is fetched, error code displays.

Error code shown:q&u$e%s^t#i*o@n


This is a very strange error -- I've never seen anything like it. Are you sure you're using the latest version of Java?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Carol Chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 15:14
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Where could I see the Java? Sep 30, 2007

Hi Samuel,

Thanks!Due to my limited knowledge in IT, could I ask where could I know if it is caused by problems in Java? Thanks in advance!

Regards

Carol

Samuel Murray wrote:

Carol Chen wrote:
For some sentences, when translation memory is fetched, error code displays.

Error code shown:q&u$e%s^t#i*o@n


This is a very strange error -- I've never seen anything like it. Are you sure you're using the latest version of Java?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Carol Chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 15:14
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
From Trados Technical Support Sep 30, 2007

Hi Samuel,

Or do you know where technical support from Trados company could be obtained online? In another document, I also found this problem, then I guess it may be a bug from the Trados itself. Could you kindly offer any suggestion? Thanks in advance!

Regards

Carol

Carol Chen wrote:

Hi Samuel,

Thanks!Due to my limited knowledge in IT, could I ask where could I know if it is caused by problems in Java? Thanks in advance!

Regards

Carol

Samuel Murray wrote:

Carol Chen wrote:
For some sentences, when translation memory is fetched, error code displays.

Error code shown:q&u$e%s^t#i*o@n


This is a very strange error -- I've never seen anything like it. Are you sure you're using the latest version of Java?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:14
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Trados? Oh, you're using Trados... Sep 30, 2007

Carol Chen wrote:
Or do you know where technical support from Trados company could be obtained online?


I didn't realise you were using Trados. When I posted my answer, I thought you had OmegaT, for which you need Java. In other thread you mentioned the segment delimiters, which is I why I thought in that thread that you were using Wordfast.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Carol Chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 15:14
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Ask for further help Oct 9, 2007

Could anybody give further help?

Kind regards

Carol


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error code in Translation Memory

Advanced search







Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search