https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/86951-how_to_install_sdlx_lite_having_already_wordfast_installed.html

How to install SDLX Lite having already Wordfast installed?
Thread poster: Dra Molnar
Dra Molnar
Dra Molnar  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:29
Italian to German
+ ...
Oct 18, 2007

An agency contacted me last week asking if I were disposed to use the freebie version of SDLX, so I began my search on the web and discovered the SDLX 2007 Lite Trial Version and downloaded it immediately. Between two translation jobs I would like to install it, but I need some HELP, PLEASE...

I'm already running Wordfast 5.5 on Word 2003 and I'm wondering if it is possible to install at the same time SDLX Lite without creating problems on both CATs?...
See more
An agency contacted me last week asking if I were disposed to use the freebie version of SDLX, so I began my search on the web and discovered the SDLX 2007 Lite Trial Version and downloaded it immediately. Between two translation jobs I would like to install it, but I need some HELP, PLEASE...

I'm already running Wordfast 5.5 on Word 2003 and I'm wondering if it is possible to install at the same time SDLX Lite without creating problems on both CATs?

It would be great if anybody out there could give me some hints about how to install SDLX Lite in order to avoid future problems with Wordfast and vice versa!

Thank you very much...Dra
Collapse

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
SDLX Lite Oct 18, 2007

Hi,
Yes, it is possible to install and work on both Wordfast and SDLX lite on the same computer.
I have both and I've never had any problem with that.
I followed the usual steps of installation.
HTH,
Ritu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to install SDLX Lite having already Wordfast installed?

Translation news related to CAT tools

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »