Hani Hassaan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 22:54
Member (2007)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Nov 29, 2007

Hi All,
I translated xml files using SDL Trados 2006, I turned the xml files into TTX files using INI file for settings and workbranch of SDL Trados 2006, Now I need to clean up the ttx files I have translated, please I need help urgently.
thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

jmadsen  Identity Verified
Use the Cleanup feature in Workbench Nov 29, 2007

To clean several files at a time, or in TagEditor, select File > Save target as for each file.

Jørgen

[Edited at 2007-11-29 09:58]

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Workbench Nov 29, 2007

Copy the source file (that you imported into Tageditor) into the library of the ttx file. Mind the file name: if the source file that you imported was named "totranslate.xml", then "totranslate.xml" has to appear in the folder - even if you chose another name for the bilingual file (e.g., "translation.xml.ttx").
Then you can clean up the ttx file using the cleanup function of Workbench.
HTH
Attila

Hani Hassaan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2007)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
where I can find this library? and any extension in the window below but same format (ttx, bif). Nov 29, 2007

Thanks Attila and Jorgen very much,
for Attila
please let me know what do you mean by (Copy the source file into library of the ttx file and where I can find this library?

for Jorgen,
when I opened Tag Editor and tried Option (File > Save target as), there was no any extension in the window below but same format (ttx, bif).

I appreciate your great help

have nice day!

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Folder of the .ttx file Nov 29, 2007

for Attila
please let me know what do you mean by (Copy the source file into library of the ttx file and where I can find this library?

Hi again,
The point is that the original file (that you imported into Tageditor) and the ttx file should be in the same folder. E.g., check the folder where you saved your .ttx file (if you have problems locating the ttx file, open it in Tageditor, and go to File / Properties), and if it does not contain the source file with the same name as the one it had before you imported it then copy it there / rename it. (Note that you can also copy both files into a new folder, and do the cleanup there.)
Perhaps this string might be useful: http://www.proz.com/topic/89662
Attila

[Edited at 2007-11-29 14:05]

[Edited at 2007-11-29 14:05]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How I can clean up xml files that converted into ttx

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search