Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Apr 16, 2012

Overview Testimonials Private forum

Welcome to the first ProZ.com Certif
... See more

Overview Testimonials Private forum

Welcome to the first ProZ.com Certified PRO Network newsletter! This publication will be sent via email to all members of the Certified PRO Network on a quarterly basis to keep you updated with network-related news and developments. Each newsletter will also be available after publication in the Certified PRO Network newsletter repository forum. Enjoy!

Summary

(1) PRO certification in second language pair released.
(2) New badge designed exclusively for members of the ProZ.com Certified PRO Network.
(3) First 2012 virtual event for PROs: summary of topics discussed.
(4) New "ProZ.com top mentors" section.
(5) Promoting the ProZ.com Certified PRO Network - What's your take?
(6) The Certified PRO Network in numbers.
(7) Certified PRO success story: D. L. Staude - APA Dienstleistungen.
(8) Certified PRO article: "Creating an effective CV / resume" by Sheila Wilson.
(9) Special offers for members of the network.
(10) Useful links.

(1) PRO certification in second language pair released

As requested via the support center, the forums, email and events, PRO certification is now available in second language pairs.

Since only site members who are already members of the Certified PRO Network are allowed to apply for certification in a second language pair, only translation ability is screened in this second phase (business reliability and "online citizenship" having been confirmed during the screening process for a first language pair).

Click here to complete your application for certification in a second language pair.

Learn more.

(2) New badge designed exclusively for members of the ProZ.com Certified PRO Network

A new Certified PRO Network badge has been designed exclusively for PROs. To insert this badge into your website, blog, forum, email signature, etc., simply follow the instructions here.

(3) First 2012 virtual event for PROs: summary of topics discussed

On March 1, 2012, Certified PROs had their first virtual event of the year. Check
out a brief summary of what was discussed during this event here.

And stay tuned for upcoming events.

(4) New "ProZ.com top mentors" section

Each week more and more members of the Certified PRO network enter the ProZ.com mentoring program as mentors and distinguish themselves further as experts while promoting their names and businesses.

Now, mentors also have the chance to have their names and pictures displayed in a "ProZ.com top mentors" section updated regularly to promote mentors with the highest number of apprentices:

ProZ.com top mentors

Become a mentor now!

(5) Promoting the ProZ.com Certified PRO Network - What's your take?

Do you have any ideas on how to promote the Certified PRO Network to give the program more prestige and attract more clients? Discuss them with fellow PRO members.

(6) The Certified PRO Network in numbers

• Certified PROs: 3,110
  • Certified PRO Network peer reviews: 361,902
  • Language pairs covered by PROs: 386
  • Certified PROs collaborating with TwB: 444
  • Certified PRO mentors: 37
  • PRO mentor-apprentice pairings: 35

(7) Certified PRO success story: D. L. Staude - APA Dienstleistungen

On December, 2011, I applied for inclusion into the Certified PRO Network in English-German and I obtained my certification exactly one day before Christmas. By now, I am also a member for the reverse language pair.

Since I placed the Certified PRO badge at every possible spot, my business started to change. In the past, I used to receive considerable (no dumping price) job offers only now and then. But this has changed now. After becoming a member of the network, I receive good offers on a regular basis. This tells me that clients seem to feel more comfortable working with a professional who complies with certified and quality-proven translation standards.

Beside this very positive effect on my business, I observed another benefit: I have had the chance to meet other PRO colleagues, specially during the first virtual event for members of the network. It was amazing to have the chance to meet different people from all over the world, and to exchange thoughts and information. I am definitely proud to be a part of the network.
~ D. L. Staude - APA Dienstleistungen

If you would like to share your story, submit a support request.

(8) Certified PRO article: "Creating an effective CV / resume" by Sheila Wilson

Learn to create an effective resume to attract more clients:

The document that Americans refer to as a résumé or resume (from the past
participle of the French verb “résumer” meaning to summarise) is known in
British English as a CV, short for curriculum vitae. Latin scholars will
know that the plural is curricula vitae and that the meaning is “course of
life”. However, in the 21st century it is best referred to simply as a CV
or a resume...
Read more.

Thanks Sheila Wilson for your contribution!

If you would like to write and promote an article, submit a support request.

(9) Special offers for members of the network

Training

1. Self-paced training: "Negotiation for Freelancers" - See offer
  2. Self-paced training: "Tough Questions and Answers for Freelancers" - See offer
  3. 1 video (for videos that cost 20 USD or less only) - See offer
  4. Set of 10 videos (for videos that cost 20 USD or less only) - See offer
  5. SDL Trados Studio 2011 – New Features online Training and Certification - See offer

Software

1. SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP1 - See offer
  2. MemoQ 5.0 - See offer
  3. Atril Déjà vu X2 professional - See offer
  4. Wordfast PRO - See offer
  5. Wordfast Classic - See offer
  6. Wordfast Studio (PRO + Classic) - See offer
  7. TO3000 version 10 Advanced - See offer

Events

1. 2012 ProZ.com International Conference in Barcelona, Spain - See offer

(10) Useful links

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope your 2012 is off to a good start. Thanks for reading!

Kind regards,

Lucia Leszinsky
Certified PRO Network manager
ProZ.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are receiving this email message because you are a member of the ProZ.com Certified PRO Network.

Click here to unsubscribe from ProZ.com email notifications.

If you have trouble adjusting your email preferences, please submit a support request.

ProZ.com
P.O. Box 903
Syracuse, NY 13201
USA+1 (315) 463-7323

Copyright © 1999-2012 ProZ.com. All rights reserved.

Questions? Comments? Contact staff

Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Certified PRO Network newsletter - Quarter I, 2012

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »