Certified PRO Network newsletter - Quarter II, 2013
Thread poster: Lucia Leszinsky
Overview Testimonials Private forum
This is the second 2013 ProZ.com Certified PRO Network newsletter. This publication is sent via email to all members of the Certified PRO Network on a quarterly basis to keep you updated on network-related news and developments. Each newsletter will also be available after publication in the Certified PRO Network newsletter repository forum. Enjoy!
(1) New "ProZ.com Certified PRO Network world map".
(2) Second 2013 virtual powwow for members of the Certified PRO Network - summary.
(3) Applications open for the ProZ.com moderator class of 2013-2014.
(4) New "Getting the most out of the Certified PRO Network" video.
(5) ProZ.com Certified PRO Network survey results.
(6) The Certified PRO Network in numbers.
(7) Certified PRO success story: Lucy Menezes.
(8) Certified PRO article: "My golden rules for quality assurance" by Andrei Gerasimov.
(9) Special offers for members of the network.
(10) Useful links.
(1) New "ProZ.com Certified PRO Network world map"
With the purpose of promoting the Certified PRO Network worldwide, a new Certified PRO Network world map is now available:
ProZ.com Certified PRO Network world map »
Share this page / map via your social networks and help to promote the Certified PRO Network among potential clients.
Leave feedback on this feature »
(2) Second 2013 virtual powwow for members of the Certified PRO Network - summary
The second 2013 virtual event for members of the Certified PRO Network took place on July 12th, 2013. Read a summary of this event and share your thoughts:
Second 2013 virtual powwow for members of the Certified PRO Network - event summary »
(3) Applications open for the ProZ.com moderator class of 2013-2014
The time is drawing near for the end of the moderator class of 2012-2013 and the new class of 2013-2014 is scheduled to begin in August. If you would like to volunteer for a one-year term as site moderator, please visit the ProZ.com moderator program overview page.
See what past and current moderators say about their experience with the program:
ProZ.com moderator testimonials »
For questions or comments about the moderator program, please submit a support request.
(4) New "Getting the most out of the Certified PRO Network" video
To help Certified PROs to promote themselves and get the most out of the Certified PRO Program, a new video is now available:
"Getting the most out of the Certified PRO Network" »
The video comes with a handout in .PDF format that contains useful links, also accessible from the video description.
(5) ProZ.com Certified PRO Network survey results
With the purpose of evaluating the performance of the Certified PRO Network and improving upon the benefits it offers, a survey was run among Certified PROs. See survey results »
Do you have any idea or feedback to share with other PROs? Post to the Certified PRO Network forum »
(6) The Certified PRO Network in numbers
- Certified PROs: 3,658
- Certified PRO Network peer reviews: 383,820
- Language pairs covered by PROs: 415
- Certified PROs collaborating with TwB: 741
- Certified PRO mentors: 59
- PRO mentor-apprentice pairings: 96
(7) Certified PRO success story: Lucy Menezes
I'm a newcomer at the Certified PRO Network, which I joined last November, 2012, for being certified in English to Portuguese, and, believe me, it was a huge step when I decided to apply for it. And why is that? Actually, renewing my ProZ.com membership and becoming a Certified PRO in the second half of 2012 were a turning point in my career. At the time, I was transitioning from a corporate trajectory as Corporate Communications Head to a full-time translation and interpreting business owner, a huge decision I had planned for years given my passionate connection with this amazing world of linguistics and communication.
So, I started the whole process on a very low-profile fashion. After all I knew only screened and high-standard professionals had made up the group. However, there was nothing to lose by taking the chance and, mostly, checking upon how my credentials could likely somehow add value to the Certified PRO Network. To my surprise (and celebration) I was accepted and, since then, I’ve gained nothing but positive outcome i.e. knowledge and expertise sharing and a unique interface with top-level colleagues, whose wise voices during powwows, webinars, KudoZ networking and so forth have driven my moves in this competitive market, while helping me to strengthen my skills.
Last but not least, being a long-time translator or interpreter is meaningless if building sound relationships is put aside. Thanks to the Certified PRO Network I have grown my exposure in this market by attracting new clients, enhancing my continuous education process in the field and, mostly, capturing indelible lessons for both work and life. ~ Lucy Menezes
If you would like to share your story, submit a support request.
(8) Certified PRO article: "My golden rules for quality assurance" by Andrei Gerasimov
In the highly competitive global translation market quality may be the main differentiator - a factor that makes the difference between success and failure.
Quality assurance (QA) in translation may be defined as the act of maintaining translation services to ensure conformance to customer requirements or other specifications. QA is implemented by the translation service provider. Don't confuse QA with QC... Read more.
Thanks Andrei Gerasimov for your contribution!
If you would like to write and promote an article, submit a support request.
(9) Special offers for members of the network
- Self-paced training: "Negotiation for Freelancers" - See offer
- Self-paced training: "Tough Questions and Answers for Freelancers" - See offer
- 1 video (for videos that cost 20 USD or less only) - See offer
- Set of 10 videos (for videos that cost 20 USD or less only) - See offer
- DL Trados Studio 2011 – New Features online Training and Certification - See offer
- SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP1 - See offer
- MemoQ 5.0 - See offer
- Atril Déjà vu X2 professional - See offer
- Wordfast Studio (PRO + Classic) - See offer
- TO3000 version 10 Advanced - See offer
(10) Useful links
Thanks for reading and happy translating!
Certified PRO Network manager
You are receiving this email message because you are a member of the ProZ.com Certified PRO Network.
Click here to unsubscribe from ProZ.com email notifications.
If you have trouble adjusting your email preferences, please
submit a support request.
P.O. Box 903
Syracuse, NY 13201
USA+1 (315) 463-7323
| || || |
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
Certified PRO Network newsletter - Quarter II, 2013
|Protemos translation business management system |
|Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!|
The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.
More info »
|BaccS – Business Accounting Software|
|Modern desktop project management for freelance translators|
BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!
More info »