How much to charge for voice work?
Thread poster: Yongmei Liu

Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:23
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 16, 2003

I work in Northern California. Occasionally I get Mandarin voiceover and voice direction work, mostly for industrial videos.

If I charge X dollars per hour for deposition interpretation, how much should I charge for voiceover and for voice direction?

Right now, I charge 1.0X and 0.7X for voiceover and voice direction, respectively. I am thinking of raising the rates to 1.5X and 1.2X.

Any ideas?

Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:23
English to Chinese
+ ...
赞成! Jun 2, 2003

"Raising the rates to 1.5X and 1.2X."------ 很合理,因为这类活儿比口译要麻烦多了。

Yongmei Liu, Mr. wrote:

I work in Northern California. Occasionally I get Mandarin voiceover and voice direction work, mostly for industrial videos.

f I charge X dollars per hour for deposition interpretation, how much should I charge for voiceover and for voice direction?

Right now, I charge 1.0X and 0.7X for voiceover and voice direction, respectively. I am thinking of raising the rates to 1.5X and 1.2X.

Any ideas?

[Edited at 2003-06-02 11:43]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How much to charge for voice work?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search