How much to charge for voice work?
Thread poster: Yongmei Liu
Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:52
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 16, 2003

I work in Northern California. Occasionally I get Mandarin voiceover and voice direction work, mostly for industrial videos.

If I charge X dollars per hour for deposition interpretation, how much should I charge for voiceover and for voice direction?

Right now, I charge 1.0X and 0.7X for voiceover and voice direction, respectively. I am thinking of raising the rates to 1.5X and 1.2X.

Any ideas?

Direct link Reply with quote

Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:52
English to Chinese
+ ...
赞成! Jun 2, 2003

"Raising the rates to 1.5X and 1.2X."------ 很合理,因为这类活儿比口译要麻烦多了。

Yongmei Liu, Mr. wrote:

I work in Northern California. Occasionally I get Mandarin voiceover and voice direction work, mostly for industrial videos.

f I charge X dollars per hour for deposition interpretation, how much should I charge for voiceover and for voice direction?

Right now, I charge 1.0X and 0.7X for voiceover and voice direction, respectively. I am thinking of raising the rates to 1.5X and 1.2X.

Any ideas?

[Edited at 2003-06-02 11:43]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How much to charge for voice work?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search