Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
为买笔记本烦
Thread poster: Denyce Seow

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 03:45
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Sep 13, 2008

这几天在为买新的笔记本烦。现在的这个用了查不多两年的 Sony VAIO VGN-FE41M 操作还好,但我想要一台更快的和荧幕大点的 (现在是15.4"),况且等坏了才买就太迟了吧! 看了很多台电脑,终于决定这次买 DELL。其实我不是很喜欢 DELL 的设计,但我喜欢可以 customise。这是我 customise 出来的,大家可不可以帮我看看,是否有什么是我们做翻译工作上不需要的或我没加上的。

Dell Studio 15
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8300 (2.4GHz, 3MB Cache, 800 MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP1
Microsoft(R) Office Home & Student 2007 OEM Version
15.4 " Widescreen WXGA CCFL (1280X800) TFT Display with TrueLife w/ Camera (再加上一个19" 的 external monitor)
4GB ( 2 X 2048MB ) 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
160GB SATA Hard Drive
Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities
256 MBATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450
Dell Wireless 1510 802.11n Half Mini-Card edit
Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Module


另外,我也要 TV Tuner。有没有好介绍?


[Edited at 2008-09-13 09:07]


 

stone118  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 03:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
TV tuner Sep 13, 2008

可以買那種內建 TV tuner 的 Moniter. 

我現在這個 moniter(牌子: Dynaview)就是內建 tv tuner 的,從房子裡的 cable tv 端口拉一條線接到它後面就成了。據我先生說本來還帶個遙控器方便選台的,現在遙控器倒不見了(搬了家很多東西找不到)。雖然我很少看電視,不過偶有需看的節目時還真精彩,例如八月八號那天因為我婆婆沒什麼興趣,所以我是在自己電腦桌上拼命轉台找有轉播的電視台(可惜台灣真的沒電視台轉播它)。

但 Dynaview 現在到底有無這個牌子我就不清楚了,妳可以問問妳熟悉的電腦賣場,請他們推薦一個內建 TV tuner 的螢幕給妳。

我倒是也有一台外接的 TV tuner,三四年前買的時候大約兩千五百元台幣吧,記得好像是麗台(LeadTek)這個牌子。但外接就是麻煩,你還得空個 USB port 給它用;所以我只試用過一次就束之高閣了。

若用外接的 USB hub,要請注意必須買帶有 AC adapter 的較高級 usb hub,不然太多外接裝備時有可能電力不足以推動其中某些特別吃電的項目(例如外接硬碟)。


 

wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:45
Chinese to English
+ ...
splurging Sep 13, 2008

http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/2002/s1305/03s05a/03s05a.asp

Denyce,

I would go for the 1920x1200 UXGA screen if they have the option. According to this article, Dell does offer 1600x1200 resolution screens for the 4:3 aspect ratio laptops.

Of course it would cost substantially more - I would say at least $500. But the advantage of a higher resolution screen goes without saying, especially if you attach an external high-res LCD monitor.

It wouldn't be worth it though if you replace your laptop as frequent as every two years. icon_smile.gif


 

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 03:45
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
TV tuner Sep 13, 2008

Hey stone,

刚到商店里看了几款 TV tuner,对那种插入 USB port 的比较感兴趣。记得是这个牌子但忘了是不是这个 model: http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr950.html. 用电脑看电视效果好吗?我也很少看电视,只是有时有我要看的片子,家里只有一台电视机,爸爸妈妈每天晚上都看中文综艺节目,所以我也不好意思叫他们转台。还记得以前小时候,弟弟每次都看他要看的台,我没有 say 的。。。现在房间有台 "电视机"也不错。还好 TV tuner 不贵,至少比电视机便宜,有不多占地方。


 

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 03:45
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Better screen Sep 13, 2008

Hey Steve,

Pay $500 more for a better screen?? Nah...icon_frown.gif I don't need such a good one, I think. Yes, it would be nicer since I plan to use the screen as a TV but I could really use this money for a bigger external screen. Just saw a 22" screen at the mall. 我要!!!

This afternoon I was quite sure about this Dell Studio 15 + external monitor solution, but after the mall trip I am undecided again. Those desktops with 22" screen and sub-woofer are really cool. And much cheaper compared to a laptop with similar specifications. But I don't want to get a desktop because of the CPU size and weight. There are very few mini CPU models in the market and their specifications are not what I am looking for.

Now you see what I say........... 烦!!!

[Edited at 2008-09-13 13:47]


 

wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:45
Chinese to English
+ ...
Choices Sep 13, 2008

Denyce Seow wrote:

Hey Steve,

Pay $500 more for a better screen?? Nah...icon_frown.gif I don't need such a good one, I think. Yes, it would be nicer since I plan to use the screen as a TV but I could really use this money for a bigger external screen. Just saw a 22" screen at the mall. 我要!!!

This afternoon I was quite sure about this Dell Studio 15 + external monitor solution, but after the mall trip I am undecided again. Those desktops with 22" screen and sub-woofer are really cool. And much cheaper compared to a laptop with similar specifications. But I don't want to get a desktop because of the CPU size and weight. There are very few mini CPU models in the market and their specifications are not what I am looking for.

Now you see what I say........... 烦!!!



Denyce,

I know what you mean. Decisions, decisions ... It's definitely not a task I envy - there are so many options to choose from.

Here are some links I found for your reference ...

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Master_Notebook_List

(I've noticed the 15.4" Dell notebook specifications listed in this link are not exactly the same as what they've quoted you)

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Master_Monitor_List


BTW, if you do decide on a 1920x1200 native resolution, please be sure that the machine has a DVI port or some equivalent video output port to hook up to the hi-res external monitor.


 

Haiyang Ai (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dell Sep 15, 2008

Dell 的不错。但是硬盘是否可以再大点儿?

 

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 03:45
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
120GB Sep 15, 2008

Haiyang Ai wrote:

Dell 的不错。但是硬盘是否可以再大点儿?


我现在的是 120GB,已经是绰绰有余。新的电脑我已经算是给自己一个 upgrade (160GB) 了。


 

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 03:45
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Upcoming IT fair Sep 15, 2008

Hey Steve,

I'm going to put this plan aside for a while. There will be a big IT fair in Singapore end of November. It is supposed to have the latest products and good deals. Hopefully I will find something I like. My mum just 破冷水 on me! Said I will go and still can't manage to find a computer I want. Pfff!

Let's hope my current laptop goes through to then 平平安安.


 

wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:45
Chinese to English
+ ...
Good idea Sep 15, 2008

Denyce Seow wrote:

Hey Steve,

I'm going to put this plan aside for a while. There will be a big IT fair in Singapore end of November. It is supposed to have the latest products and good deals. Hopefully I will find something I like. My mum just 破冷水 on me! Said I will go and still can't manage to find a computer I want. Pfff!

Let's hope my current laptop goes through to then 平平安安.


That's a good idea. I think laptop hardware has sort of plateaued, in the sense that innovation and improvements are harder and harder to come by. So if I were you, I'd get a nice machine and use it for a while.

Good luck with it.


 

isahuang
Local time: 15:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
我比你更烦 Sep 16, 2008

Denyce Seow wrote:

这几天在为买新的笔记本烦。现在的这个用了查不多两年的 Sony VAIO VGN-FE41M 操作还好,但我想要一台更快的和荧幕大点的 (现在是15.4"),况且等坏了才买就太迟了吧! 看了很多台电脑,终于决定这次买 DELL。其实我不是很喜欢 DELL 的设计,但我喜欢可以 customise。这是我 customise 出来的,大家可不可以帮我看看,是否有什么是我们做翻译工作上不需要的或我没加上的。

Dell Studio 15
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8300 (2.4GHz, 3MB Cache, 800 MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP1
Microsoft(R) Office Home & Student 2007 OEM Version
15.4 " Widescreen WXGA CCFL (1280X800) TFT Display with TrueLife w/ Camera (再加上一个19" 的 external monitor)
4GB ( 2 X 2048MB ) 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
160GB SATA Hard Drive
Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities
256 MBATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450
Dell Wireless 1510 802.11n Half Mini-Card edit
Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Module


另外,我也要 TV Tuner。有没有好介绍?


[Edited at 2008-09-13 09:07]


三个星期前买了一个HP 2510 notebook, 特轻巧,12寸显示屏,不到5磅,cover可以旋转180度,还是touch screen,我真是对它爱不释手,没想到上星期,家里进了贼,把我的宝贝电脑给拎走了。想想也还算幸运,家里还有另外三个笔记本,小偷手下留情,没都划拉走。


 

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 03:45
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
那贼还真识货!! Sep 16, 2008

还好只是破财,人安全就好。

 

Donglai Lou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 03:45
Member (2002)
English to Chinese
+ ...
还算幸运 Sep 17, 2008

isahuang wrote:
三个星期前买了一个HP 2510 notebook, 特轻巧,12寸显示屏,不到5磅,cover可以旋转180度,还是touch screen,我真是对它爱不释手,没想到上星期,家里进了贼,把我的宝贝电脑给拎走了。想想也还算幸运,家里还有另外三个笔记本,小偷手下留情,没都划拉走。


今年复活节的时候,我们举家出游两天,回来后发现家里的五台笔记本(其中三台是室友的)全都被窃。资料损失严重,幸好把移动硬盘留下了,只损失了一年多的翻译记忆库。

为防盗,我毅然决定拼装一台台式机。由于突然决定回国一段时间,LP以此为由买了一台ASUS的EEE PC (小于1公斤)。别看那东西小,但处理项目还行,还真坚持了一个多月。但是,毕竟屏幕太小,怕伤及眼睛,于是又装了一台台式机。不过现在的电脑真便宜,三台加起来,也就相当于买一台好点的笔记本。

其实,电子产品不要买太高端的,性价比不合适;买中低端的比较合适,这样两年换一次也不心痛,老能用新的。


 

redred  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 03:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
portable Sep 17, 2008

I don't understand why people prefer laptop to desktop one, in fact, the users possibly spend most of their time indoors. Laptop is only a fashionable trend.

 

stonejohn  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 03:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
换换新鲜 Sep 17, 2008

赞成Donglai!现在“高端”的概念变得太快了,所以建议买中低端产品,经常换换新鲜,感受感受新花样。

Donglai Lou wrote:
其实,电子产品不要买太高端的,性价比不合适;买中低端的比较合适,这样两年换一次也不心痛,老能用新的。


 
Pages in topic:   [1 2] >


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

为买笔记本烦

Advanced search






Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search