Can anyone recommend an online Classical Chinese/traditional Chinese-English dictionary
Thread poster: Rossa O'Muireartaigh

Rossa O'Muireartaigh
Japan
Local time: 12:21
Member (2004)
Japanese to English
Jul 29, 2009

Hello,

Does anyone know a good online online dictionary for looking up Classical Chinese characters or traditional (simplified) Chinese characters in English.

Thanks

This is what I alway use Jul 29, 2009

Hi, I’m an English teacher in China and I’m Chinese. This is the online dictionary that we always use here for English-Chinese and Chinese-English translation, www.iciba.com Hope it would be helpful for you. I would also be happy to discuss something about translation between the two languages.

Jason Ma  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 11:21
English to Chinese
+ ...
Traditional Chinese? Jul 30, 2009

You may try this one:
http://dict.revised.moe.edu.tw/index.html

But for C-E, this is not the one you are looking for. Wish you good luck.

Rossa O'Muireartaigh
Japan
Member (2004)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 30, 2009

Thank you Tang Lili and Jason. Those links look very useful.

Xiaochuan Cao
China
Local time: 11:21
English to Chinese
+ ...
Lin Yutang's C-E Dictionary (online) Aug 6, 2009

This is a traditional Chinese-English Dictionary compiled by Mr. Lin Yutang. Digitalized and made freely available by the Chinese University of Hong Kong. It's a bit old (compiled three decades ago) but still pretty useful.

http://humanum.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/Lexis/Lindict/

Rossa O'Muireartaigh
Japan
Member (2004)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 6, 2009

Thanks. It looks very useful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can anyone recommend an online Classical Chinese/traditional Chinese-English dictionary

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search