(请问):大家用盗版软件吗?
Thread poster: Xiang Ding
Xiang Ding
Xiang Ding
Local time: 08:14
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 28, 2003

我看了大家的简历,大家都在用Indesign,Framemaker,QuarkXpress,Trados,等软件,那么大家软件都是正版吗?
谢谢!

janexie
janexie  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:14
German to Chinese
+ ...
请问你到底想说什么? Sep 28, 2003

既然用中文来问”大家“,”大家“也就是能看得懂中文的”一群人“。
如果你有意使用”正版“/”盗版“软件,请仔细考量自己的需要,而不是迎合其他人的意见!
请问你为什么不用英文问问”其他人“的看法?

[Edited at 2003-09-28 20:23]

[Edited at 2003-09-28 20:24]

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:14
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Let's not make any presumptions. Sep 28, 2003

Thomas ding wrote:

我看了大家的简历,大家都在用Indesign,Framemaker,QuarkXpress,Trados,等软件,那么大家软件都是正版吗?
谢谢!

Dear Thomas Ding and Janexie,

Thank you for your new messages posted in the Chinese Forum! I always love to see new people joining in the discussions in the Chinese Forum. This is definitely a stage where translators can learn from each other, and become better with the ways they think and do things.

I think Thomas Ding raised a good question here about using pirate copies of software programs. I think it is unlikely Thomas will get a straight answer to it, because of the way this question was phrased sounds like those who claimed to have the software programs in their profiles might not necessarily own them. I think no one should make such assumption unless you have the solid evidence to prove they do not own them. Such a presumption can be considered offensive by those who actually own what they claimed.

Personally, I am definitely against the use of pirate copies of software programs. If I like certain software program, and it does help me to make money, then I want to buy it and pay for the upgrades, so the company can have the financial support to develop better versions in future.

I did waste lots of money to buy some software programs that are expensive and hard to use and not in demand. So I suggest those who are thinking to buy certain software program should download a trial version and use it within the trial period permitted before actually buying it.

Kevin

[Edited at 2003-09-29 07:01]

LinguaText (X)
LinguaText (X)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Such a problem Sep 30, 2003

Kevin Yang wrote:
I did waste lots of money to buy some software programs that are expensive and hard to use and not in demand. So I suggest those who are thinking to buy certain software program should download a trial version and use it within the trial period permitted before actually buying it.

Kevin

[Edited at 2003-09-29 07:01]

[Edited at 2003-10-01 00:34]

[Edited at 2003-10-01 10:52]

[Edited at 2003-10-01 10:57]

William Li
William Li
China
Local time: 08:14
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 28, 2005

[Edited at 2005-05-28 22:12]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

(请问):大家用盗版软件吗?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »