Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:14
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 9, 2002

Dear Translators,

YangJS posted this message as a KudoZ question on March 7, 2002. As you can see it is not a KudoZ question. As the Forum Moderator, I copied and pasted it here for a discussion

Kevin

[YangJS's message is as follows:]

I will publish all my contacts with a Singaporean company, Glossika translation, I honestly hope all of you, professional translators will give me your interpretatio
... See more
Dear Translators,

YangJS posted this message as a KudoZ question on March 7, 2002. As you can see it is not a KudoZ question. As the Forum Moderator, I copied and pasted it here for a discussion

Kevin

[YangJS's message is as follows:]

I will publish all my contacts with a Singaporean company, Glossika translation, I honestly hope all of you, professional translators will give me your interpretation of the phrase. I understand GLOSSIKA TRANSLATION have the same address as CHINALINKS, the company previously conacted me for project, who reject my payment. This guy, MICHEAL WONG, plays nearly the same tricks, when he request for a project for translation, first he will ask for traditional Chinese. We know we may do traditional Chinese translation by convertion from Simplified to Traditional Chinese, and everytime I honestly told him for the situation. Then he will argue, my translation quality is not up to standard, I even can not do any translation.

Now he contacted with me for an project again, using another name Mike. The same trick he played again, I know he is the one who has been using a couple of other names in the site, and I was very careful in the contacts. He played the same trick AGAIN!

I may not be a best translator, but earn every decent hard cold coin.

I know the guy hate Chinese, although he himself a Chinese, he publish things critizing Chinese government in another Newsgroup, I gave my objects, so he hate me. I just want to bring the subject to everyone who may have or will do project with this company. Just think twice when you thinks of working with them.

I will publish his offering about prices in his dirty NT $(New Twain Dollar) and his policy and his contacts email in future publishing...

Asker: YangJS

Welcome Comments

It may be good or bad.

[Edited at 2003-09-08 08:55]
Collapse

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It should be discussed in the Forum Mar 9, 2002

[Kevin's Note: This comment was posted on March 7, 2002 by argat in Kudoz -> Easy. As the Forum moderator, I copied and pasted it here for everyone to read.]

Dear colleague, you are face-to-face with a problem which should be discussed in the Forum, not via KudoZ. Many language sub-communities already have their small sections: French, Bulgarian, Russian. Let's write to Henry and ask for a new branch in the Forums. And who is our ( Chinese ) moderator? We should choose one. I'm sure
... See more
[Kevin's Note: This comment was posted on March 7, 2002 by argat in Kudoz -> Easy. As the Forum moderator, I copied and pasted it here for everyone to read.]

Dear colleague, you are face-to-face with a problem which should be discussed in the Forum, not via KudoZ. Many language sub-communities already have their small sections: French, Bulgarian, Russian. Let's write to Henry and ask for a new branch in the Forums. And who is our ( Chinese ) moderator? We should choose one. I'm sure there will be even more subjects to discuss in the new Chinese forum, let's create it!

Regards!

Luo

[Edited at 2003-09-08 09:00]
Collapse

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for speaking out! Mar 9, 2002

I support YangJS and his courage to bring this matter to the public. I hope more Chinese translators can speak out their bad experiences of working with or for any company or individuals. Such information will help other translators to protect themselves in future.

I do agree with Luo that we should have a forum for \"Chinese\". Let me suggest that every Chinese translator should send an email to Henry and request him to setup a Chinese Forum ASAP.

---
... See more
I support YangJS and his courage to bring this matter to the public. I hope more Chinese translators can speak out their bad experiences of working with or for any company or individuals. Such information will help other translators to protect themselves in future.

I do agree with Luo that we should have a forum for \"Chinese\". Let me suggest that every Chinese translator should send an email to Henry and request him to setup a Chinese Forum ASAP.

--------------------------------------------

Note added at 2002-03-08 17:55:25 (GMT)

--------------------------------------------

Kevin agian. Don\'t we all also love to hear other Chinese translators\' successful stories? I do!

[Kevin\'s Note: this is my comment posted on March 7th and 8th in Kudoz -> Easy. Then I sent my email to ProZ.com to request this Chinese Forum.]

Collapse

shcheong
shcheong  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 03:14
English to Chinese
+ ...
about glossika Mar 9, 2002

Isn\'t Glossika a Taiwanese translation agency? I am a Singaporean, I don\'t think there is such an agency in my country.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 15:14
SITE FOUNDER
Please use the Blue Board Mar 9, 2002

Welcome, Kevin,

I look forward to a thriving Chinese forum.

One point: The Blue Board has been designed for commenting on the desirability of certain agencies. Please log your information there.

Thanks,

Henry

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Henry, for your information! Mar 9, 2002

Thanks, Henry!

I am delighted to join you guys. Well, I am very new here, but I am learning fast. I will look forward to getting your guidance in the future. I am certain we will need your attention a lot.

Kevin

Yang JS (X)
Yang JS (X)
English to Chinese
+ ...
It's unreasonable to have such restrictions Mar 9, 2002

Hi Henry,

It\'s not fair to have such restrictions. If a translator would like to share with other professionals in this forum on an agency, he/she definitely have got the right to do that. Otherwise, the forum will lose life.

Quote:

On 2002-03-09 07:39, Henry wrote:

Welcome, Kevin,

One point: The Blue Boa... See more
Hi Henry,

It\'s not fair to have such restrictions. If a translator would like to share with other professionals in this forum on an agency, he/she definitely have got the right to do that. Otherwise, the forum will lose life.

Quote:

On 2002-03-09 07:39, Henry wrote:

Welcome, Kevin,

One point: The Blue Board has been designed for commenting on the desirability of certain agencies. Please log your information there.

Thanks,

Henry

Collapse

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
YangJS, Let's find out what is the Blue Board. Mar 9, 2002

[quote]

On 2002-03-09 11:39, YangJS wrote:

Hi Henry,

[quote]

YangJS, let\'s find out what is the Blue Board first. I think the advantage of categorize messages and put them at different places will allow the translators of other languages to have a chance to read and learn from your input. It actually increases the exposure of your message. If your message is only in the Chinese Forum, the other translators might not be able to read it. As you know, not everyone would walk into the \"Chinatown.\"

Yang JS (X)
Yang JS (X)
English to Chinese
+ ...
We definitely need full participation from all walks of life, different corners of the world Mar 10, 2002

Kevin, my full support and many thanks for your time and attention for the forum.

Yang JS (X)
Yang JS (X)
English to Chinese
+ ...
We definitely need full participation from all walks of life, different corners of the world Mar 10, 2002

Kevin, my support and many thanks for your time and attention for the forum.

Perry Svensson
Perry Svensson  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Member (2003)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Blue Board Mar 12, 2002

[quote]

Quote:

YangJS, let\'s find out what is the Blue Board first.

Hi Kevin,

the Blue Board is the Agency Ratings under the extras, and that\'s where the Proz people want all comments about specific agencies and their practices to take place.

Perry

Marta Argat
Marta Argat  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:14
Chinese to Ukrainian
+ ...
the first question Mar 12, 2002

Dear moderator, would you please delete this question as it is not related to the terms help:

http://www.proz.com/glossary/159846?gloss=y&login=y

Thank you!

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mar 12, 2002

[quote]

On 2002-03-12 03:08, Perry S. wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

YangJS, let\'s find out what is the Blue Board first.

Hi Kevin,

the Blue Board is the Agency Ratings under the extras, and that\'s where the Proz people want all comments about specific agencies and their practices to take place.

Perry

Thanks, Perry! Got it. I wonder where the this name came from, because in ProZ.com this so-called \"Blue Board\" is only listed as \"Agency ratings\", which I think makes much better sense. A side note, a few days ago, the translation agency mentioned by YangJS in this complaint was added into the \"Agency ratings\" or \"Blue Board\". Whoever worked for it before, please help to rate it right away.

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mar 12, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-03-12 07:15, argat wrote:

Dear moderator, would you please delete this question as it is not related to the terms help:

Thank you!

Hello, Argat or Luo [Which way do you prefer to be referred as?]

... See more
Quote:

On 2002-03-12 07:15, argat wrote:

Thank you!

Hello, Argat or Luo [Which way do you prefer to be referred as?]

First of all, it is very nice to hear from you and communicate with you directly. Thank you for originating the thought of setting up a Chinese Forum. I can see your reason behind by making this suggestion to delete YangJS抯 first message. Henry wrote a message a few days ago, indicating this not the appropriate place for this message.

As a moderator of this Forum, I have not been authorized or taught to delete any messages here. But Henry and Jason can do it if they want to. As matter of fact, I think this message should stay, because it has some sort of monumental significance. As you know, it was this posting that led you and me to request for a Chinese Forum, and now we have it. Secondly, when this message was posted, the translation agency mentioned was not listed in the \"Agency ratings\" in ProZ.com, and now it has been added into the database. Finally, I think the messages posted above served the educational purpose. From these messages posted above, we all learned that something like this is happening to a fellow translator, and when a translator experiences such treatment, he or she should write comments into \"Agency ratings\" or \"Blue Board\" area.

Thank you for sharing your thought with me. I will look forward to reading many of your inputs in future!

Sincerely,

Kevin

Collapse

Glossika (X)
Glossika (X)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I'm Mike from Glossika Mar 13, 2002

If there is a Glossika in Singapore, then we do not know about it. We are located in Taiwan. I have never heard of Chinalinks or of Michael Wong.

I must discuss this William Yu-Bing Yang who seems to be using a different name at this site than the one he used with our company. We issued translations to him about a couple weeks ago because he claimed his abilities were so high. But we have our policies that we will not pay for such low quality work. We cannot accept it and it
... See more
If there is a Glossika in Singapore, then we do not know about it. We are located in Taiwan. I have never heard of Chinalinks or of Michael Wong.

I must discuss this William Yu-Bing Yang who seems to be using a different name at this site than the one he used with our company. We issued translations to him about a couple weeks ago because he claimed his abilities were so high. But we have our policies that we will not pay for such low quality work. We cannot accept it and it should not be tolerated in this industry.

I can see that he wants to make our agency look bad, and this is obvious because of all his threats in emails to us. I will post for you to judge for yourself the level of his English abilities. I will also post for you the emails exchanged between us. You will understand that we try to maintain professionalism but he did not. This should not be a place to be getting revenge but since he wants to lay the ugly out on the table here, I shall lay out the even uglier side of him.

Mike
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

GLOSSIKA TRANSLATION

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »