Why can't I read my opened KudoZ questions and close them?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 11, 2010

I am a Swedish translator who lives in mainland China since more than two years.

The situation is that I can submit questions using KudoZ, and I get notifications to my e-mail, but I can't open any of the open KudoZ questions in My KudoZ. So there is no way for me to close my open KudoZ questions which leads to that I can't ask any more when I get too many open KudoZ questions.

When the limit is reached at KudoZ for open questions, I can't ask any more questions.

I wonder if anyone else in mainland China has this same problem as I have with KudoZ? And if you have solved it?

At the hotel where I live, I think there is some kind of device plugged into the hotel's server. This device blocks certain web sites (such as Youtube), but I am almost certain it can't block only particular areas of a website; either the device blocks the whole web site, or it does not block anything. www.proz.com works fine (except for My KudoZ/Open questions).

Is it possible that there is some particular coding of this webpage (My KudoZ) that conflicts with the filter device at the hotel?

For example, this is one of my open questions that is not possible to get access to:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/4051298

Can anyone in China open this KudoZ question? Or do you get the same result as I do?

Direct link Reply with quote

Baofeng Guo  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 01:45
Chinese to English
+ ...
Kudoz is blocked in China Oct 11, 2010

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

I am a Swedish translator who lives in mainland China since more than two years.

The situation is that I can submit questions using KudoZ, and I get notifications to my e-mail, but I can't open any of the open KudoZ questions in My KudoZ. So there is no way for me to close my open KudoZ questions which leads to that I can't ask any more when I get too many open KudoZ questions.

When the limit is reached at KudoZ for open questions, I can't ask any more questions.

I wonder if anyone else in mainland China has this same problem as I have with KudoZ? And if you have solved it?

All translators in China including you and me have the same problem. Kudoz has been blocked in China for quite a long time due to unknown reason, but you can get access to Kudoz via proxy such as http://www.ctunnel.com/ or VPN. If you are using Google's browser Chrome, this extension (https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/kjdehhkgdgjcekacdccoflccmhbkefce?hl=zh-cn) is helpful.

Hope you good lucks!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why can't I read my opened KudoZ questions and close them?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search