Can I post here a whole translation work of mine? Presently, a piece for 戈宝权文学翻译奖.
Thread poster: Last Hermit

Last Hermit
Local time: 22:01
Chinese to English
+ ...
Apr 1, 2004

If yes, I will post it tomorrow.

Direct link Reply with quote

Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:01
English to Chinese
+ ...
You mean you want us to critique your work? Apr 2, 2004

Go right ahead.

Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, everyone's comments are welcome. Apr 2, 2004

Yongmei Liu wrote:

Go right ahead.

Hey. Did you get my email?

Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
You can post your translation either in your Portfolio, or in the Chinese Forum. Apr 4, 2004

Dear Last Hermit,

Thank you for your posting and your email to me for informing me your intention and the total word count!

By reading your private email to me, I finally understood that you did an English to Chinese translation, the total word count is 2,200 characters, which has been entered an competition for a well-known Chinese award to translations by the name 戈宝权文学翻译奖. The winner will be picked by September of this year.

You were wondering if you could post the whole translation here in the Chinese Forum, hoping to get some comments and/or feedbacks about your translation from the peers in the Chinese sector. Indeed this will be a good learning experience for everyone.

Because the layout of the forum is hard to compare the source text and the translation, I still think my previous suggestion is a better idea, that is, using the Portfolio at your Profile to post the source text and the translation side-by-side, and invite people to read and discuss about it by using a link to your portfolio.

From your email I learned that this is not a large translation, there are only 2,200 words. I think it would be OK, too, if you want to post the translation in the Chinese Forum.

Kevin

[Edited at 2004-04-04 08:11]

Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your endorsement, Kevin. Apr 4, 2004

I have already posted another piece (Death of the Moth by Virginia Woolf) in my Portfolio. But that was discussed years ago at another forum. This GBQ piece was done recently.

Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sorry for the late reply. I sent a private message Apr 4, 2004

Last Hermit wrote:

Yongmei Liu wrote:

Go right ahead.

Hey. Did you get my email?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I post here a whole translation work of mine? Presently, a piece for 戈宝权文学翻译奖.

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search