China Aptitude Test for Translators and Interpreters
Thread poster: chica nueva

chica nueva
Local time: 07:54
Chinese to English
Nov 15, 2004

Some peers might be interested in this article from People's Daily (English version) which someone sent me last week.

The reference to the aptitude test is in the last paragraph. The rest of the article is comment on the Chinese translation industry in general.

http://english.people.com.cn/200411/10/eng20041110_163380.html

Lesley


 

Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:54
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Translator certification examination in China Nov 16, 2004

Thank you, Lesley, for the info!

It is always great to know how our translators and interpreters in China are doing. I am very interested in knowing more about the translator certification procedures and requirements. Hope someday I can go there and take their required examination for professional translators.

Kevin


 

Last Hermit
Local time: 02:54
Chinese to English
+ ...
Bureaucracy is the order of the day... Nov 16, 2004

Take a look at this:
Ministry of Personnel vs Ministry of Education
http://www.beaktrans.com/
Guess who will be the loser?

Kevin Yang wrote:
It is always great to know how our translators and interpreters in China are doing. I am very interested in knowing more about the translator certification procedures and requirements. Hope someday I can go there and take their required examination for professional translators.
Kevin


 

jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:54
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
A good question Nov 17, 2004

Last Hermit wrote:

Take a look at this:
Ministry of Personnel vs Ministry of Education
http://www.beaktrans.com/
Guess who will be the loser?

Kevin Yang wrote:
It is always great to know how our translators and interpreters in China are doing. I am very interested in knowing more about the translator certification procedures and requirements. Hope someday I can go there and take their required examination for professional translators.
Kevin


这是本应由学术机构主持的事。据说比美国考律师的通过率低很多。让你一次通过,还怎么办补习班?如果不通过,职称还真的就上不去。 Our poor peers in China!


 

yujialin668
Japan
Local time: 03:54
English to Chinese
+ ...
历次通过率在10%以下 Jan 13, 2005

jyuan_us wrote:

Last Hermit wrote:

Take a look at this:
Ministry of Personnel vs Ministry of Education
http://www.beaktrans.com/
Guess who will be the loser?

Kevin Yang wrote:
It is always great to know how our translators and interpreters in China are doing. I am very interested in knowing more about the translator certification procedures and requirements. Hope someday I can go there and take their required examination for professional translators.
Kevin


这是本应由学术机构主持的事。据说比美国考律师的通过率低很多。让你一次通过,还怎么办补习班?如果不通过,职称还真的就上不去。 Our poor peers in China!



 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

China Aptitude Test for Translators and Interpreters

Advanced search






WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search