Is CAT tool useful for non-tech translation?
Thread poster: YJ ZHANG

YJ ZHANG  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:21
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 5, 2014

I'm considering an investment on one of CAT tools. My field is in business and social science. I have never used any CAT tools before. Is it worthy of buying one? Your opinion is greatly appreciated!

Lin Yang  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:21
English to Chinese
+ ...
是的,值得买。 Sep 5, 2014

只要你觉得会有稳定的业务量,不管你的专长是哪个领域都值得买。这些翻译工具对于保持一致性,加快翻译速度都很有帮助。

YJ ZHANG wrote:

I'm considering an investment on one of CAT tools. My field is in business and social science. I have never used any CAT tools before. Is it worthy of buying one? Your opinion is greatly appreciated!

J.H. Wang
China
Local time: 09:21
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
关键是现在很多客户都要求使用 Sep 6, 2014

Lin Yang wrote:

只要你觉得会有稳定的业务量,不管你的专长是哪个领域都值得买。这些翻译工具对于保持一致性,加快翻译速度都很有帮助。

YJ ZHANG wrote:

否则,会错失很多机会。

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is CAT tool useful for non-tech translation?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search