Has anyone used a PDF converter?
Thread poster: Yuan (Andy) Wang, M.A. Ed.

Yuan (Andy) Wang, M.A. Ed.
United States
Local time: 16:11
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dec 29, 2004

I am looking for an alternative to buying the Adobe Professional system for pdfs. I ran accross the brand, ScanSoft and am looking at the PDF Converter Professional 2.

What I need is to be able to edit a pdf file, so I'm assuming that transferring from Word to PDF would be the easiest.

Has anyone used this, or do you have any other suggestions for me?

Thanks,
Andy

Direct link Reply with quote

chica nueva
Local time: 10:11
Chinese to English
Try a search on 'PDF converter' in the Proz Technical Forum Dec 29, 2004

http://www.proz.com/?sp=search&include[forums]=1

Darrell Champlin  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:11
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Solid Converter Dec 29, 2004

Hi there,

You may want to try Solid Converter (http://www.solidconverter.com/). I have used it extensively and it has been really useful. It is a non-espensive tool with great results.

Good Luck!

Libin PhD  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
I recommend it. Dec 30, 2004

I have been using PDF Converter Pro 2 and its earlier version for about two years. I think it is the best right now. I used to use Gemni Solo which sells for $159.00. However, solo converts all text into text boxes in Word, which makes it less useful if you want to use the file with Trados. The good thing about Gemni Solo is that with the free International plug-in, it can convert Chinese PDF files into editable Word files. Again, I do not like that fact that the converted texts are put into text boxes in Word.

I hope that the above is of help.

[Edited at 2004-12-30 08:06]

isahuang
Local time: 17:11
English to Chinese
+ ...
Solid Converter is another choice Dec 30, 2004

Andy Wang wrote:

I am looking for an alternative to buying the Adobe Professional system for pdfs. I ran accross the brand, ScanSoft and am looking at the PDF Converter Professional 2.

What I need is to be able to edit a pdf file, so I'm assuming that transferring from Word to PDF would be the easiest.

Has anyone used this, or do you have any other suggestions for me?

Thanks,
Andy

I have used Solid Converter to convert PDF file in simplified Chinese into Word file. It worked great. You can easily edit the converted file. However, when I tried to use it to convert a PDF file in traditional Chinese, it didn't convert the file properly. Solid Converter is at a very reasonable price, only about 50 bucks. You can go to their website, and I believe they have a trial version. You can give it a try before you buy it. Good luck.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has anyone used a PDF converter?

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search