https://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/29760-%3F%3F%3F%D5%A6%D5%A5%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%D1%B3%3F%CD%BE%3F%E7%BB%B0.html

Off topic: 电脑对电脑免费长途电话
Thread poster: Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:15
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Feb 24, 2005

大家好,

我发现了一个特别有用的网上服务 -- 电脑对电脑免费长途电话!三天来我把亲友和同学都发动起来,安装了这个叫作SKYPE的软件,并进行了越洋通话和全体社员电话会议。大家都激动万分,亲切交谈,没有花任何电话费。你可以用它来催缴付款,或者讨论翻译问题。真是太有用了!�
... See more
大家好,

我发现了一个特别有用的网上服务 -- 电脑对电脑免费长途电话!三天来我把亲友和同学都发动起来,安装了这个叫作SKYPE的软件,并进行了越洋通话和全体社员电话会议。大家都激动万分,亲切交谈,没有花任何电话费。你可以用它来催缴付款,或者讨论翻译问题。真是太有用了!如有兴趣,可到以下网站下载软件: http://www.skype.com/

Hello, Everyone

I just found a free program that allows me to call long distance free of charge from my PC. I am always skeptical about such things. But, I tested this one by calling from United States to my friends in China, who have the same program installed in their computers; it worked so great that I could not believe it was real.

I am NOT commissioned by anyone. But, I thought you might want to have it, too, to talk with family or with each other across the world without worrying about telephone bills. It is free as long as you call from PC to PC. I tried it myself and it works really well! It also has been localized into many languages. You only need a PC and a headset with a mic.

I think this is perfect for collecting payment from your clients or discussion a translation issue. If you are interested, here is the link:

http://www.skype.com/

Kevin
Collapse

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 02:15
English to Chinese
+ ...
用趁現在 Feb 24, 2005

網路電話最終還是要透過固網,所以目前的成本結構雖然還可以容許網路電話的存在,不久的將來會有轉變,因此要用就趁著現在吧。

Mark Xiang
Mark Xiang
English to Chinese
+ ...
This is called internet long distance calls. Feb 24, 2005

I used it to make long distance calls from Toronto to China in 1999. And it costed less than RMB1.00/min plus local internet connection charge on the caller's side then. You can make calls to any ordinary telephone set, mobile or computer phone.

If you could find a sitable software, you do not need to hand your money to agencies as in
... See more
I used it to make long distance calls from Toronto to China in 1999. And it costed less than RMB1.00/min plus local internet connection charge on the caller's side then. You can make calls to any ordinary telephone set, mobile or computer phone.

If you could find a sitable software, you do not need to hand your money to agencies as in the following link.

http://www.satelcall.com/index.htm

Mark
Collapse

isahuang
isahuang
Local time: 14:15
English to Chinese
+ ...
我早在用了 Feb 24, 2005

Kevin Yang wrote:

大家好,

我发现了一个特别有用的网上服务 -- 电脑对电脑免费长途电话!三天来我把亲友和同学都发动起来,安装了这个叫作SKYPE的软件,并进行了越洋通话和全体社员电话会议。大家都激动万分,亲切交谈,没有花任何电话费。你可以用它来催缴付款,或者讨论翻译问题。真是太有用了!如有兴趣,可到以下网站下载软件: http://www.skype.com/

Hello, Everyone

I just found a free program that allows me to call long distance free of charge from my PC. I am always skeptical about such things. But, I tested this one by calling from United States to my friends in China, who have the same program installed in their computers; it worked so great that I could not believe it was real.

I am NOT commissioned by anyone. But, I thought you might want to have it, too, to talk with family or with each other across the world without worrying about telephone bills. It is free as long as you call from PC to PC. I tried it myself and it works really well! It also has been localized into many languages. You only need a PC and a headset with a mic.

I think this is perfect for collecting payment from your clients or discussion a translation issue. If you are interested, here is the link:

http://www.skype.com/

Kevin

I have been using it for almost half a yr. Its great, saves me a lot of $$$$.

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Skype Me! Feb 26, 2005

at sun_fei!!

Would be fun.. yoooo hooooooo!

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:15
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The Spring is on the way! Mar 6, 2005

Hello, weiwei

I am glad we skyped. It was fun! Sorry to hear that you are still in the harsh winter weather in Germany. I wonder if you have forgotten a spring looks like, well, hate to tell you, it's in my neighborhood now, the pictures are showing you what it looks like. I made an e-card for you and our other colleagues here who are still in cold winter weather. Hopefully this will put you all in a cherry-blossom mood. The Spring is on the way!

Have a great day!
... See more
Hello, weiwei

I am glad we skyped. It was fun! Sorry to hear that you are still in the harsh winter weather in Germany. I wonder if you have forgotten a spring looks like, well, hate to tell you, it's in my neighborhood now, the pictures are showing you what it looks like. I made an e-card for you and our other colleagues here who are still in cold winter weather. Hopefully this will put you all in a cherry-blossom mood. The Spring is on the way!

Have a great day!

Kevin

[Edited at 2005-03-06 20:27]
Collapse

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Thanks! Mar 6, 2005

Thanks for the card! Very sweet of you. Maybe I will cut it out and paste it on my window, because I think the stupid winter is trying to stick its butt around for a while!!!! It is still snowing here...

It was indeed fun talking to you!! We got to do this again when you have time.

sansan
sansan
English to Chinese
skype me Apr 16, 2005

I want to go abroad. But my spoken English is by no means good. Will anyone chat with me in English?

Xiaoxiao
Xiaoxiao
English to Chinese
It's great but... Apr 22, 2005

Tingting Huang wrote:

I have been using it for almost half a yr. Its great, saves me a lot of $$$$.

Yeah, it sure is great. Have been using it chat with my sister back in my hometown since last May 1st.

But it seems to be deteriorating in terms of voice quality. I sure missed the clear voice chat when I first used Skype.

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Same Experience Apr 22, 2005

Xiaoxiao wrote:

But it seems to be deteriorating in terms of voice quality. I sure missed the clear voice chat when I first used Skype.

I do have the same experience. My family lives in Bolivia, South America and I call them regularly with Skype. At the beginning, the voice quality was very good. Now, the quality is coming down after a while. It's probably because of the overload of the bandwidth initially designed and the traffic floods in.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

电脑对电脑免费长途电话

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »