How to make Chinese display correctly on this website?
Thread poster: Yi Yuan (X)
Yi Yuan (X)
Yi Yuan (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:51
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 23, 2005

I've been very frustrated by the messed up Chinese texts I type using Chinese Star or the XP simplified Chinese. Does anybody know why? How can I solve this problem? Thanks.

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:51
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
欢迎来到中文论坛! Mar 23, 2005

Hi, Yi Yuan

Welcome to Chinese Forum!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing Chinese display problem at this website. I wonder if you had selected the correct character code first. Before you type any Chinese characters, you should go to the menu bar to select View>Character Encoding>Chinese Simplified (GB2312), then type Chinese and post your Chinese message. It should display correctly. If the display gets messed up, please use the same method to re-set it. You also can
... See more
Hi, Yi Yuan

Welcome to Chinese Forum!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing Chinese display problem at this website. I wonder if you had selected the correct character code first. Before you type any Chinese characters, you should go to the menu bar to select View>Character Encoding>Chinese Simplified (GB2312), then type Chinese and post your Chinese message. It should display correctly. If the display gets messed up, please use the same method to re-set it. You also can click on your right mouse button and select the encoding menu in some internet browsers.

I know it happens from time to time that this site can cause Chinese character corruptions. I have been reporting it to the ProZ.com webmasters whenever it happens. I now right now everything works normal.

Kevin
Collapse

Yi Yuan (X)
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 23, 2005

Thank you very much for the tips, Kevin. Does it matter which browser one uses? As of now, I use MSN most of the time and I don't see 'character encoding' under 'View', although I have set GB2312 in my IE browser. I'll try it from there in a minute.

Thanks again...

Yi Yuan (X)
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
лл Mar 23, 2005

After selecting GB2312 under 'View', do I need to select Chinese again at the bottom of the page before typing Chinese? Let's see whether it works this time.

Yi Yuan (X)
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
问题好像解决了! Mar 23, 2005

如果这里的中文不是乱码的话, 那问题就应该解决了. 谢啦!

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:51
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Your Chinese charascters look normal to me. Mar 23, 2005

Yi Yuan wrote:

如果这里的中文不是乱码的话, 那问题就应该解决了. 谢啦!

Hi, Yi Yuan

Your Chinese charascters look normal to me. I think you got it.

Enjoy!

Kevin

Yi Yuan (X)
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Mar 23, 2005

Looks like the problem is solved. Thanks a bunch...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make Chinese display correctly on this website?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »