Chinese OCR software
Thread poster: xxxAlanG
xxxAlanG
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 24, 2005

Does anyone know of a good scanner that comes with reliable OCR software capable of
handling Chinese? I need something that can convert glyphs to either GB2312, Big5, or Unicode. Windows system. In particular, has anyone used 丹青中英文文件辦事系統?

Thanks for your help,
Alan

PS. What about software that can convert graphics directly from a computer screen into character codes that a word processor such as Microsoft Word can understand?

[Edited at 2005-03-24 06:00]

Direct link Reply with quote

Last Hermit
Local time: 07:15
Chinese to English
+ ...
Microtek comes with a Shangshu. Mar 25, 2005

AlanG wrote:

Does anyone know of a good scanner that comes with reliable OCR software capable of
handling Chinese? I need something that can convert glyphs to either GB2312, Big5, or Unicode. Windows system. In particular, has anyone used 丹青中英文文件辦事系統?

Thanks for your help,
Alan

PS. What about software that can convert graphics directly from a computer screen into character codes that a word processor such as Microsoft Word can understand?

Very good for Chinese character recognition.

xxxAlanG
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What about ReadIris Pro 10 CJK add-on? Mar 25, 2005

Thanks, I'll look into it. I'm also curious about Readiris, which is OCR software available from Amazon. But no one has reviewed how it performs with Chinese. There is a separate optional add-on for $99 that is supposed to handle both simplified and traditional characters, but I don't know if it's any good. Also, I don't think I can get the CJK option as part of their demo software in order to test it.

Alan

xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
Hi Last Hermit, Mar 25, 2005

Last Hermit wrote:

Microtek comes with a Shangshu.Very good for Chinese character recognition.

你指的是他们的扫描仪驱动软件吧?是否有能将PDF格式的中文直接转换成WORD文本的软件,而不需要再经过扫描仪扫描的?

谢谢!

Edward Wang
English to Chinese
+ ...
图片格式如何转换? Apr 1, 2005

chance wrote:

是否有能将PDF格式的中文直接转换成WORD文本的软件,而不需要再经过扫描仪扫描的?

有很多不同的软件都可以做到,比如SolidConverterPDF(http://www.solidpdf.com),可以试用7天,转换中文的效果较好;另外就是Acrobat Professional 7.0,它的功能非常强大字库也比较齐全,可以将PDF文档转换成很多种其它格式。

我现在的问题是怎样把图片格式的中文原稿转换成word格式,且能保证尽量不会出现乱码(我试过尚书,但效果不好),不知道大家有没有这类比较好的OCR软件,欢迎不吝赐教,谢谢!

Joe

[Edited at 2005-04-01 09:33]

eng2chi  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Chinese
+ ...
尚书OCR用过,还勉强可以吧 Apr 27, 2005

AlanG wrote:

Thanks for your help,
Alan

xxxrockerfox
English to Chinese
慧视 小灵通 a good ocr sw. Jun 17, 2005

you can search on google for it. download a free copy. it's good.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chinese OCR software

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search