Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61] >
這算是翻譯 (Is this considered translation to you?)
Thread poster: Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 21:19
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
不打官司最好 Jul 27, 2005

chance wrote:

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

在法國打那種官司是有規矩的,只要你提具充分證據,該還給你的公道應該會還給你。我當然希望你收回欠款,也會很高興聽到你的好消息。

德國俗話說:最差的和解也要比最好的破產好。

打官司容易教人破產;我有位親戚在北京投資了一家公司,經營到後來股東到法院見真章,他贏了官司,但那些人都破產了,該賠的錢還是賠不出來。所以說,能用和平的手段解決問題最好。

祝你順利成功!

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:19
English to Chinese
+ ...
看来你也是美食家! Jul 27, 2005

Chinoise wrote:

“炸糕”和“豌豆黄”为何物?这边能否买到?可否提供图片链接?

wherestip wrote:
所以你联想北京正宗的豆腐脑、炸糕和豌豆黄我也深有体会。

你自己看照片吧,我可不敢看了!:)

http://www.china.org.cn/chinese/TR-c/835151.htm

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
“虎踞龙蟠今胜昔” Jul 27, 2005

wherestip wrote:

女三我也不记得了,不过好像记得是在北海附近。 上四中的时候和文化革命期间,我每个月都是要买月票的。 因为天天要坐 31 路从十间房(北航)到平安里来回跑。 文革时,我们这种“逍遥派”(as you could well understand why),不是下围棋、打百分、打桥牌, 就是在北京市里到处转。 那时我对北京地理和某些单位地址都搞得挺熟的,可现在已经很淡漠了,连白塔寺具体在哪儿也不太肯定了(西单、西四之间,还是西四、平安里之间?)。 不过哪里有一家稻香春,哪里有一家桂香村还记得挺清楚(主要是每天要到城里,家里采买也就顺便帮着做了)。 所以你联想北京正宗的豆腐脑、炸糕和豌豆黄我也深有体会。 说实在的,如果不是上四中和文化革命, 我真对北京市城区也不会有太大了解的,因为以海淀为中心的(周围的)高校区似乎是与世隔绝的世外桃源。 (ivory tower is more like it, but I'm not sure if 象牙塔 is the right term)

女三中应该就是后来的三中,在西四和白塔寺之间。白塔寺在阜成门内阜内大街与赵登禹路交叉路口附近。不知当时女三中、男四中办得好是否是因为学生受“干扰”较少,可以一心向学?(just kidding!) 事有凑巧,我来美国前家也住在学院路北航附近,大儿子就是北航附中毕业的。大概令尊曾是北航的教授?以前海淀的高校区和科学园区确实“似乎是与世隔绝的世外桃源”,十分宁静,门前只有31路、32路公共汽车。但现在已经“降落尘世”,与闹市区差不多。桂香村和稻香春我当然也是不会忘的。

建议你有空回北京看看,你会对所发生的巨大变化感到大为吃惊而且高兴。

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
豌豆黄 Jul 27, 2005

Chinoise wrote:

I really haven't seen any of these things in North America. Not sure if Yueyin was referring to 炸年糕 or some other kind of delicious stuff available in some eateries. As for 炸年糕, I'm sure you know about it. It's basically a chunk of 糯米糕, with all kinds of good stuff mixed in it(青果、猪油、and some other unidentifiable sweet ingredients). 豌豆黄 is some kind of 御膳 I think. Sweet with a mealy texture is how I would describe it. They used to serve it at 坊膳 in 颐和园, or perhaps it was some eatery in 北海公园? I'm not sure where Yueyin was getting his.

BTW, "深有体会" obviously was not a good choice of words on my part. I really meant I could identify with what Yueyin was saying.

Joyce Curran
Joyce Curran  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:19
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you! Jul 27, 2005

Wenjer and Shaun:

我把你们的帖子到我自己的论坛上了,你们会在意吗?我需要的时候看起来方便一些。

Wenjer, Shaun, Yueyin, Libin, Donglai:

我贴了一篇自己的译稿在那儿,你们有几分钟时间的时候,千万别忘了看看。其他前辈兄弟姐妹,也别忘了指点。

Joyce Curran
Joyce Curran  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:19
English to Chinese
+ ...
来前别忘了告诉我 Jul 27, 2005

[quote]Zhoudan wrote:

休假一直在考虑,我哥哥的女儿快要考大学了,等她考上大学,我想带她一起去欧洲玩,到那时我来看你。

来了一定来看看我和小猴们,记住告诉我,得提前,我好打扫卫生。

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:19
English to Chinese
+ ...
垂涎欲滴! Jul 27, 2005

感谢孙老师提供的链接,让我们有了大饱眼福的机会!

晚辈的确是个美食家:)。与众不同的是:俺吃遍了“民间传说”的好餐馆,却从不知节食减肥。惭愧。:)

Yueyin Sun wrote:

[Edited at 2005-07-27 20:50]

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:19
English to Chinese
+ ...
So delicious! Jul 27, 2005

Thanks, wherestip, for the lively introduction!

Maybe a Beijing Green Card is what we really need now?......:))

(Chance is so sagacious!)

wherestip wrote:

Chinoise wrote:

I really haven't seen any of these things in North America. Not sure if Yueyin was referring to 炸年糕 or some other kind of delicious stuff available in some eateries. As for 炸年糕, I'm sure you know about it. It's basically a chunk of 糯米糕, with all kinds of good stuff mixed in it(青果、猪油、and some other unidentifiable sweet ingredients). 豌豆黄 is some kind of 御膳 I think. Sweet with a mealy texture is how I would describe it. They used to serve it at 坊膳 in 颐和园, or perhaps it was some eatery in 北海公园? I'm not sure where Yueyin was getting his.

BTW, "深有体会" obviously was not a good choice of words on my part. I really meant I could identify with what Yueyin was saying.

[Edited at 2005-07-27 20:47]

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
一定 Jul 27, 2005

只是你要耐心等待...

[quote]Joyce Curran wrote:

Zhoudan wrote:

休假一直在考虑,我哥哥的女儿快要考大学了,等她考上大学,我想带她一起去欧洲玩,到那时我来看你。

来了一定来看看我和小猴们,记住告诉我,得提前,我好打扫卫生。

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
民以食为天 Jul 28, 2005

Chinoise wrote:

感谢孙老师提供的链接,让我们有了大饱眼福的机会!

晚辈的确是个美食家:)。与众不同的是:俺吃遍了“民间传说”的好餐馆,却从不知节食减肥。惭愧。:)

Yueyin Sun wrote:

大家都是朋友,不必称呼老师和前辈,否则将使我如坐针毡。我也是受你启发,刚找到这个链接。自己不敢多看,因怕受刺激:)。在北京的很多小吃街或小吃店都可以吃到这些宫廷小吃,包括慈禧爱吃的栗子面窝头,而且价廉物美。不一定非到北海的坊膳。若一时不能去北京,可以自己动手试着做,为枯燥的翻译生涯凭添许多乐趣。在美加的China Town 应也能找到。我曾在 Montréal 的中国城吃过许多类似小吃,水平不亚于纽约、波士顿、洛杉矶、旧金山、休斯顿等地。

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
刘姥姥 Jul 28, 2005

Yueyin Sun wrote:

事有凑巧,我来美国前家也住在学院路北航附近,大儿子就是北航附中毕业的。大概令尊曾是北航的教授?以前海淀的高校区和科学园区确实“似乎是与世隔绝的世外桃源”,十分宁静,门前只有31路、32路公共汽车。但现在已经“降落尘世”,与闹市区差不多。桂香村和稻香春我当然也是不会忘的。

建议你有空回北京看看,你会对所发生的巨大变化感到大为吃惊而且高兴。

I'm afraid I'd feel like 刘姥姥进大观园 when I do decide to visit. I'm already getting a good account of what's going on with all the coverage of Mainland China in magazines like Newsweek and BusinessWeek. It's amazing how things have changed in 20 years.

Since you've asked, my dad was an EE professor at 北京航空学院, my mom was a piano professor at 中央音乐学院. Very ill-informed when they decided to take the whole family back to China to help "建设祖国". I say that because 反右 had already ended, so they must have had no idea what was really going on. They did ask some friends about life in China before making the decision, but things were so hush-hush, they might as well not have asked.

Anyway, that's all in the past now. Looking on the bright side, if it weren't for the Cultural Revolution, China probably wouldn't have made all the progress and achievements that it had made today. 的确可说是"矫枉必须过正"

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
往事不堪回首 Jul 28, 2005

wherestip wrote:

Since you've asked, my dad was an EE professor at 北京航空学院, my mom was a piano professor at 中央音乐学院. Very ill-informed when they decided to take the whole family back to China to help "建设祖国". I say that because 反右 had already ended, so they must have had no idea what was really going on. They did ask some friends about life in China before making the decision, but things were so hush-hush, they might as well not have asked.

Anyway, that's all in the past now. Looking on the bright side, if it weren't for the Cultural Revolution, China probably wouldn't have made all the progress and achievements that it had made today. 的确可说是"矫枉必须过正"

不出所料,令尊果然曾是北京航空学院(现北京航空航天大学)的教授。原来令尊令堂都是当年归国报效祖国的爱国教授。建国初期许多知识分子满腔热忱从海外返回中国,却没想到后来历尽劫难。我们这一代知识分子在文革中的遭遇虽然没有他们那么惨,但也被骂为“臭老九”骂了多年,包括当时也在甘肃接受“再教育”的当今胡总书记、胡主席。希望那种黑暗的年代一去不再复返!

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
作家的日记 Jul 28, 2005

我订的杂志里有时会刊登一些著名作家在历次运动中的日记和检讨书,看了叫人心酸,不寒而栗。

Yueyin Sun wrote:

希望那种黑暗的年代一去不再复返!

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
渡盡劫波兄弟在 Jul 28, 2005

Yueyin Sun wrote:

不出所料,令尊果然曾是北京航空学院(现北京航空航天大学)的教授。原来令尊令堂都是当年归国报效祖国的爱国教授。建国初期许多知识分子满腔热忱从海外返回中国,却没想到后来历尽劫难。我们这一代知识分子在文革中的遭遇虽然没有他们那么惨,但也被骂为“臭老九”骂了多年,包括当时也在甘肃接受“再教育”的当今胡总书记、胡主席。希望那种黑暗的年代一去不再复返!

Yueyin,

從 Wherestip 的敘述中,我們都可以感受到推翻國民黨政權之後,海外知識份子的熱烈期待。可惜歷史從來是那些夠狠的人書寫成的,咱們這些憤青臭老九必須認命。目前的狀況逐漸走上民主法治軌道,需要努力的是改造人心的教育工作。要想讓那種黑暗的年代一去不復返,我看是需要不斷的努力,尤其不能讓當權者的權力無限制擴張。

Wenjer

Xuchun
Xuchun  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
道理誰都明白 Jul 28, 2005

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

如果在自己的地方被坑了,還無法伸張正義,要是在外地被坑,比方說給國外的客戶坑了,那該如何處理呢?原本我想說些如何防止被坑,但想一想,說了對別人恐怕很難有益,因為每個人的基礎不同。

你講這種大而化之的道理,對任何人都沒益! 道理誰都明白,何況我貼出這事,不是要聽有如何解決之高見的。老實說這事我已解決,只希望對方不會再碰到我惹事就夠了。

我貼出這事,只是為了說維修這一行業如同翻譯這一行業那樣,真正專業的太少了,隨便一抓,不合格的一大把! 我舉的(碰上的)几個維修公司,沒一個是專業的。

對這種小事,舉報當然沒什么作用(還給市長打電話? 會理你嗎?),先不說舉報、審理、要求強制執行的程序煩瑣,時間拖得你難受(我也告過,不是亂說的),雖然我說的事是事實(也沒亂說),但取証也有一定難度,如此,舉報這種事,受理的成功率几許?(還不包括向市長打電話的)

被蛇咬了一口,可以踩死它,被人咬一口,舉報又不太現實,你雖不能照搬被蛇咬的情況也踩死它,教訓它一頓行不(這樣不也申張了正義么)? 這就要看誰拉幫結伙的能力強了(如果你處於劣勢,一定是你失敗,別指望還會有大俠會跳出來拔刀相助)。總的比起來,這點上翻譯人(尤其是自由翻譯人)是占劣勢的,但我相信Wenjer是例外,要不,怎么即使被國外客戶坑了,也這么有把握能夠伸張正義呢? 對一般翻譯人那可是高難度動作。;)

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

這算是翻譯 (Is this considered translation to you?)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »