Sorry, I'm breaking promise
Thread poster: Jianjun Zhang

Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:57
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 1, 2005

Regarding the coming Powwow, I once said that if Dr. Linbin came, I would come even at the expense of losing projects. But I am now confirming NOT to attend the Powwow. It's not because that I am a person of changeable personality, but because, incidently, there's someone I don't like at the Powwow, and my strange character is that if I dislike somebody, I always try NOT to come to meet him/her in person.

My belief in good translator relationship is always based on mutual trust and faithfulness.

If some translator lies to fellow translators to protect his/her privacy or trade secrets, I believe it's his/her right to do so; that's his/her personal things.

But I can't stand anybody who is an opportunist and, even want to use some underhand stupid tricks to promote his business at the expense of a friend and fellow translator who once helped him.

No, this friend is not me, I just witnessed this and got angry and scared. How could I once wish to be a good friend with such a person and opened my heart to him, including some of my trade secrets?

There are lots of good friends here in this forum, without whom the forum would be dull and colorless. When you have problems, just shoot out and you get reponses. But please DO NOT hurt them.

I'm a person who never forgets people who helped me and said kind words to me. At the same time, I won't forget anybody who hurts his friends without hesitation and won't believe in him/her again until he/she really changed, EVEN IF he didn't do anything bad to me!

How strange I am! But this is my personality and it's as hard to change as any the personality of that kind of people.

My post reads negative throughout, but can't help it. Not everybody is perfect, but everybody can try to be honest to FRIENDS at least. And that's enough.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sorry, I'm breaking promise

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search