Local time: 04:09
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I will email him. Nov 9, 2005

Lesley McLachlan wrote:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1175982

Lesley,

To be fair, I will email Wilman and let him know that your answer should be selected, because you were the first one posted the same amswer. The site and I are working on nominating Moderators for the Chinese>English and English>Chinese moderators. I hope these areas will be better attended soon.

Have a great day!

Kevin

Direct link Reply with quote

David Shen  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
Didn't that tell you something? Nov 9, 2005

Even if you provided the best bar of chocolate on KudoZ, for free, the guy or girl has to know enough, before he or she can pick the most tasty one from a bowl of free candy, sometimes mixed with wax.

So I'd take it easy, you are not being judged by the picker, who sometimes is still at a stage of dealing with the "CapiTal oR nOt" problem. Think it through that way, you are not held liable for providing free consultation, helpful or not. Otherwise, I am asking ProZ to cover me with insurance for my Platinum membership package.

[Edited at 2005-11-10 05:02]

Lu Zou  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:09
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Operator Error ? Nov 9, 2005

Lesley McLachlan wrote:

Hi Lesley

I guess it happened as an operator error, and the current system does not allow you to retrieve/withdraw the points once you grant it.

It will be good if the asker would put up an apology afterwards. This kind of thing happened before,once happened, the asker usually would say sorry to the person who gave the right answer or gave the answer first.

[Edited at 2005-11-09 21:10]

Wilman  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:09
Chinese to English
+ ...
My apologies Nov 9, 2005

Hi Lesley,

My apologies for making the mistake. I meant to choose your answer but accidentally clicked on the other one. I would have sent you an apology if I had noticed it earlier. I appreciate your help as usual.

Wilman

Lu Zou wrote:

Lesley McLachlan wrote:

Hi Lesley

I guess it happened as an operator error, and the current system does not allow you to retrieve/withdraw the points once you grant it.

It will be good if the asker would put up an apology afterwards. This kind of thing happened before,once happened, the asker usually would say sorry to the person who gave the right answer or gave the answer first.

[Edited at 2005-11-09 21:10]

Angus Woo
Local time: 19:09
Chinese to English
+ ...
Take it easy, Lesley Nov 10, 2005

It happens.

chica nueva
Local time: 00:09
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you everyone Nov 10, 2005

Hi Wilman

Thanks. Yes, easy to click on the wrong one. I thought that might have been what happened.

To Kevin:

Do we need a Kudoz moderator? Just a forum thread might be enough? Kudoz seems to work OK.

[Edited at 2005-11-10 22:38]

Wenjer Leuschel  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
We did have a moderator... Nov 10, 2005

Lesley McLachlan wrote:

Hi Wilman

Thanks. Yes, easy to click on the wrong one. I thought that might have been what happened.

Do we need a Kudoz moderator? Just a forum thread might be enough? Kudoz seems to work OK.

Hi Lesley,

We did have a moderator, but I am wondering what happened.

Wenjer

Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
For every language pair at ProZ.com, there is a moderator. Nov 10, 2005

Lesley McLachlan wrote:

Lesley,

It was very nice of Wilman to make an apology to you. I emailed him and learned that it was just an innocent mistake.

For every language pair at ProZ.com, there is a moderator. Please take a tour at any other language sectors and you will see what I meant. I feel bad when the KudoZ sections have been left unattended. I know you might think I am too much and have been all over the places. I prefer to keep a lower profile and just focus on one area. To be honest, I am already stretched to capacity to attend the Chinese Forum.

Kevin

[Edited at 2005-11-10 05:39]

chica nueva
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
我是客观的问而不是主管的 Nov 10, 2005

我是客观的问而不是主管的. Apologies are not needed, or expected.

The question: I was surprised by that Kudoz question. I was intrigued by it. That is all. I thought it was worth posting...If no-one else considers the question interesting, no problem.I wondered if it might be a new trend, or if I had misunderstood what the asker wanted.I was interested in the second peer's answer too.I think we are all interested in Kudoz?

About muck-ups, Lu Zou is correct, that is what often happens - if people muck up and they realise it they just say 'sorry', no big deal.

Apology: I was a little surprised that the moderator chose to contact Wilman personally about this, but I guess Wilman has the right to be involved, since it was his question. If an apology was solicited on my behalf it was without my knowledge. I would never have agreed to that. I never question the asker's choice, that is not allowed, and it is a good rule.

[Edited at 2005-11-10 22:32]

[Edited at 2005-11-10 22:35]

chica nueva
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
What about this then? Nov 11, 2005

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1179459#answ_2821926

Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
For the record... Nov 11, 2005

Lesley McLachlan wrote:

Apology: I was a little surprised that the moderator chose to contact Wilman personally about this, but I guess Wilman has the right to be involved, since it was his question. If an apology was solicited on my behalf it was without my knowledge. I would never have agreed to that. I never question the asker's choice, that is not allowed, and it is a good rule.

Lesley

For the record, I did email Wilman and let him know that there was a Forum discussion about his KudoZ question. I also mentioned to him that it seemed to be fair if the first answer was selected. This is my job and I write prive emails to our member on a regular basis, espcially when he or she is involved in what we are discussing here.

Wilman was very kind to you, and even made an apology to you. This shows you how nice he is as a Chinese person.

Kevin

redred  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
有一个问题 Nov 11, 2005

KudoZ对非收费会员的限制是每天5条问题,有人注册了几个用户名,去突破这种限制,建议查一下IP地址。相关链接:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1179477
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1179756

因KudoZ上不中听的一句说话,用另一个用户名在论坛上用中国功夫对他人挥拳相向(部份已被Mr. Yang删除),查其IP地址可辩是何方神圣。

[Edited at 2005-11-11 02:21]

Wenjer Leuschel  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
查 IP 不見得有效 Nov 11, 2005

redred wrote:

KudoZ对非收费会员的限制是每天5条问题,有人注册了几个用户名,去突破这种限制,建议查一下IP地址。相关链接:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1179477
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1179756

因KudoZ上不中听的一句说话,用另一个用户名在论坛上用中国功夫对他人挥拳相向(部份已被Mr. Yang删除),查其IP地址可辩是何方神圣。

德國話說 "Regeln sind dazu da, um umzugehen." (規則是用來規避的)。中國話說「上有政策,下有對策」,或說「道高一尺,魔高一丈」。不管有些什麼規定,人總會想出辦法突破界限的。

至於心地不善良的人匿名對人不敬,我個人認為根本可以不必理會。每一個人的心性在言語和行為裡都會透露的,尤其經過長期觀察,正邪總是會顯露出來的。

查 IP 不見得有效,因為現在的網絡技術已經有很大改變了。我在旅行時也隨時上網,IP 可能在一個小時內改變三到五次。如果一位心地不乾淨的人使用我的上網方式,一個小時內要改變幾個匿名並非不可能,而且 IP 也同時改變。

[Edited at 2005-11-15 17:57]

Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
同意Wenjer的说法。 Nov 11, 2005

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

德國話說 "Regeln sind da zum Umgehen." (規則是用來規避的)。中國話說「上有政策,下有對策」,或說「道高一尺,魔高一丈」。不管有些什麼規定,人總會想出辦法突破界限的。

至於心地不善良的人匿名對人不敬,我個人認為根本可以不必理會。每一個人的心性在言語和行為裡都會透露的,尤其經過長期觀察,正邪總是會顯露出來的。

查 IP 不見得有效,因為現在的網絡技術已經有很大改變了。我在旅行時也隨時上網,IP 可能在一個小時內改變三到五次。如果一位心地不乾淨的人使用我的上網方式,一個小時內要改變幾個匿名並非不可能,而且 IP 也同時改變。

同意Wenjer的说法。

我们应该是互相学习,取长补短,切磋技艺,交流思想的学术环境。我们应该把每个来这里参加活动的人都当作善人。有时,犯个小错,可能是无意的,或是没有意识到。但是,如果耍小聪明,对他人不尊重,明知故犯,以身试法,请大家不要姑息,一定检举出来。和谐和健康的环境需要大家的共同维护。

Kevin

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz - What happened here? 怎么一回事?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search