https://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/40375-2006_the_year_of_the_dogs_%A3%A8%B9%B7%C4%EA%CB%B5%B9%B7%A3%A9.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >
2006, the Year of the Dogs (狗年说狗)
Thread poster: Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:24
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dec 17, 2005

Dear Friends,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks to you all for your participations, enthusiasms and efforts that made 2005, the Year of Rooster so wonderful (Well, the bird flu was horrible, and I hope all the birds are safe now.) We all got one year older, but our knowledge and experience also increased along with it, and most importantly, I hope everyone also got richer. When you are so busy with making money, please do take good care of your own health. I will do the same. My New Year resolution will be to go to bed earlier each night.

As I did in the past years, I designed an eCard and posted it here, which carries my best wishes to you all. Hope you will like it. How can a New Year celebration be complete without a greeting card from me each year?

2006 is a dog year according to the Chinese zodiac calendar. Speaking of the dogs, let's talk more about them if you are interested. I suggest that we should list all the dog-related sayings and expressions in both Chinese and English languages. If you can provide the translation along with it, that would be superb.

I heard people often saying that dogs are the best friends of men, well, I guess in this case women, too. Many of my American friends love dogs so much that the dogs are treated like their family members. However, I noticed the dogs are not so respected in either English or Chinese languages. It seems to me the dog-related expressions are rather derogatory. Here are some examples:
1. “The imperialists and their walking dogs” (I think this one came from China) = 帝国主义及其走狗
2. “You cannot teach an old dog a new trick.” = 你没法儿教老狗新招。
3. “Son of bitch” = 狗娘养的,狗崽子
4. “With wolf's heart and dog's lung” = 狼心狗肺

Do you see my point? I hope we can come up with some better ones, and make a good list of them.

Have a great holiday season!

Kevin

[Edited at 2005-12-19 00:45]

Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 11:24
English to Chinese
+ ...
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Dec 17, 2005

A neutral one:
It rains cats and dogs. 下倾盆大雨, 大雨滂沱。
Good :
Love me, love my dog.你若把我当朋友, 也要把我的朋友当朋友; 爱屋及乌。
Every dog has his day.是人皆有出头日。

[Edited at 2005-12-17 06:01]

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
Here you go! Dec 17, 2005

PHRASES dog and bone (Brit. rhyming slang) a telephone. dog eat dog used to refer to a situation of fierce competition in which people are willing to harm each other in order to succeed: New York is a dog-eat-dog society. dog in the manger a person who prevents others from having or using things that they do not need themselves. [ORIGIN alluding to the fable of the dog that lay in a manger to prevent the ox and horse from eatin... See more
PHRASES dog and bone (Brit. rhyming slang) a telephone. dog eat dog used to refer to a situation of fierce competition in which people are willing to harm each other in order to succeed: New York is a dog-eat-dog society. dog in the manger a person who prevents others from having or using things that they do not need themselves. [ORIGIN alluding to the fable of the dog that lay in a manger to prevent the ox and horse from eating the hay.] dog-and-pony show (N. Amer. informal) an elaborate display or presentation. a dog's age (N. Amer. informal) a very long time: the best I've seen in a dog's age. dogs bark, but the caravans move on (proverb) people may make a fuss, but it won't change the situation. the dog's bollocks (Brit. vulgar slang) a person or thing that is the best of its kind. a dog's dinner ( or breakfast ) (Brit. informal) a poor piece of work; a mess: we made a real dog's breakfast of it. a dog's life an unhappy existence, full of problems or unfair treatment: he led poor Amy a dog's life. dressed ( up ) like a dog's dinner (Brit. informal) wearing ridiculously smart or ostentatious clothes. every dog has his ( or its ) day (proverb) everyone will have good luck or success at some point in their lives. fight like cat and dog fight or quarrel bitterly and continually. give a dog a bad name and hang him (proverb) it's very difficult to lose a bad reputation, even if it's unjustified. go to the dogs (informal) deteriorate shockingly: the country is going to the dogs. like a dog with two tails used to emphasize how delighted someone is: ‘Is he pleased?’ ‘Like a dog with two tails.’ not a dog's chance no chance at all. put on the dog (N. Amer. informal) behave in a pretentious or ostentatious way: we have to put on the dog for Anne Marie. throw someone to the dogs discard someone as worthless: young people look upon the older person as someone to be thrown to the dogs. you can't teach an old dog new tricks (proverb) you cannot make people change their ways. why keep a dog and bark yourself? (proverb) why pay someone to work for you and then do the work yourself?
"dog noun"  The Oxford Dictionary of English (revised edition). Ed. Catherine Soanes and Angus Stevenson. Oxford University Press, 2005. Oxford Reference Online. Oxford University Press.  Mr Last Hermit.  17 December 2005  http://www.oxford-dictionaries.co.uk/entry?entry=t140.e22010

Kevin Yang wrote:

Dear Friends,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks to you all for your participations, enthusiasms and efforts that made 2005, the Year of Rooster so wonderful (Well, the bird flu was horrible, and I hope all the birds are safe now.) We all got one year older, but our knowledge and experience also increased along with it, and most importantly, I hope everyone also got richer. When you are so busy with making money, please do take good care of your own health. I will do the same. My New Year resolution will be to go to bed earlier each night.

As I did in the past years, I designed an eCard and posted it here, which carries my best wishes to you all. Hope you will like it. How can a New Year celebration be complete without a greeting card from me each year?

2006 is a dog year according to the Chinese zodiac calendar. Speaking of the dogs, let's talk more about them if you are interested. I suggest that we should list all the dog-related sayings and expressions in both Chinese and English languages. If you can provide the translation along with it, that would be superb.

I heard people often saying that dogs are the best friends of men, well, I guess in this case women, too. Many of my American friends love dogs so much that the dogs are treated like their family members. However, I noticed the dogs are not so respected in either English or Chinese languages. It seems to me the dog-related expressions are rather derogatory. Here are some examples:
1. “The imperialists and their walking dogs” (I think this one came from China) = 帝国主义及其走狗
2. “You cannot teach an old dog a new trick.” = 你没法儿教老狗新招。
3. “Son of bitch” = 狗娘养的
4. “With wolf's heart and dog's lung” = 狼心狗肺

Do you see my point? I hope we can come up with some better ones, and make a good list of them.

Have a great holiday season!

Kevin

[Edited at 2005-12-19 07:05]
Collapse

Yongmei Liu
Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
"Well, dog my cats!" Dec 18, 2005

Apparently it is used to express astonishment.

Read it somewhere a couple of days ago.

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
蚝油饼? Dec 18, 2005

8. U.S. slang. Used in imprecations (perhaps sometimes with a reference to sense 3). Cf. dog on it (dog n.1 17j), dog-gone.
   1860 Bartlett Dict. Amer., Dogged, a euphemistic oath; as, ‘I'll be dogged if I do it’.  1884 ‘Mark Twain’ [Clemens] Adv. H. Finn (Farmer Amer.), Why, dog my cats! there must have been a hous
... See more
8. U.S. slang. Used in imprecations (perhaps sometimes with a reference to sense 3). Cf. dog on it (dog n.1 17j), dog-gone.
   1860 Bartlett Dict. Amer., Dogged, a euphemistic oath; as, ‘I'll be dogged if I do it’.  1884 ‘Mark Twain’ [Clemens] Adv. H. Finn (Farmer Amer.), Why, dog my cats! there must have been a house-full o' niggers in there every night. 

An excerpt from OED

Yongmei Liu wrote:

Collapse

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Two more from me. Dec 18, 2005

Thank you, Han Li, Yongmei, and Last Hermit, for the response and contribution! Those are great! The close relationship between Human beings and dogs created many vivid expressions in our daily communication. To think of them, it seems that dogs top the list comparing with other animals:

I have a couple more:

1. You are barking at a wrong tree.(用于发飙或发脾气时找错了人或对象的情况。)

2. 狗皮膏药贴的时间再长,也不能变成
... See more
Thank you, Han Li, Yongmei, and Last Hermit, for the response and contribution! Those are great! The close relationship between Human beings and dogs created many vivid expressions in our daily communication. To think of them, it seems that dogs top the list comparing with other animals:

I have a couple more:

1. You are barking at a wrong tree.(用于发飙或发脾气时找错了人或对象的情况。)

2. 狗皮膏药贴的时间再长,也不能变成你自己的皮。 (电视剧《半路夫妻》中的台词,指别人养的孩子,你怎么想好好培养,也不会养成亲生的样子。)

Kevin

[Edited at 2005-12-19 01:35]
Collapse

Xiaoping Fu
Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canada
Chinese to English
+ ...
也凑几个 Dec 19, 2005

我想了半天,中文与狗有关的词汇只想到两个褒义的:
“狗不嫌家贫”和“愿效犬马之劳”。
“兔死狗烹”中的“狗”字虽然是“走狗”的简化,但似可勉强算褒义,因为多用来指功臣。

还有两个比较中性的:
“鸡犬相闻”和“鸡犬不惊”。
“犬儒”一词来自西方的“Cynicism”,“犬”字不好拆开来解,褒贬更十分模糊。姑且也算是中性的吧。

还有似贬实褒的:
称自己的儿子为“犬子”(可别译为:son of a bitch),称自己的家为“狗窝”。

[Edited at 2005-12-19 00:10]

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
欢迎参加交流! Dec 19, 2005

老傅,

欢迎参加交流!

我在上小学的时候,在放学的路上,被消防队的警犬追过。是我们一群小孩子逗牠,结果那大黄狗就冲了出来了。那时,我是一群孩子中跑得最快的,结果没想到那狗专拣我追,吓得我魂不附体,好像几天都没有缓过来。现在看见大狗时,还是有一种近而远之,望之却步的感觉。看来还落下后遗症了。

我的观察是,从总体�
... See more
老傅,

欢迎参加交流!

我在上小学的时候,在放学的路上,被消防队的警犬追过。是我们一群小孩子逗牠,结果那大黄狗就冲了出来了。那时,我是一群孩子中跑得最快的,结果没想到那狗专拣我追,吓得我魂不附体,好像几天都没有缓过来。现在看见大狗时,还是有一种近而远之,望之却步的感觉。看来还落下后遗症了。

我的观察是,从总体上讲,西方人比中国人更爱狗。但这话可能是我的偏见。比如说,我就不会让狗舔得满脸湿湿的,然后又去做别的事情,跟什么事儿都没发生过。我有一个富人朋友,他居然让狗和他们夫妇在一张床上睡觉。这不,这几天,他家的圣诞树下的一个礼品盒中,有一个上面写的是“To Sally”(他家的狗名叫Sally)。他们亲吻或抓完狗后,又来和我拥抱,我脑子想的是,糟糕,我这身衣服搭进去了,我得赶快洗澡去。

中国人把狗当成下等动物,认为“猪狗不如”日子是最痛苦的。我看美国的狗好像生活得挺好的。我记得,有个老头子居然把他的遗产继承人确定成了他的爱犬,还为之成立了一个“财产托管委员会”。看来社会环境不同了,这“猪狗不如”的说法,在翻译时就不一定起到原有的效果了。

Kevin

[Edited at 2005-12-19 03:45]
Collapse

Xiaoping Fu
Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canada
Chinese to English
+ ...
可怜的狗 Dec 19, 2005

Kevin Yang wrote:

我的观察是,从总体上讲,西方人比中国人更爱狗。但这话可能是我的偏见。比如说,我就不会让狗舔得满脸湿湿的,然后又去做别的事情,跟什么事儿都没发生过。我有一个富人朋友,他居然让狗和他们夫妇在一张床上睡觉。这不,这几天,他家的圣诞树下的一个礼品盒中,有一个上面写的是“To Sally”(他家的狗名叫Sally)。他们亲吻或抓完狗后,又来和我拥抱,我脑子想的是,糟糕,我这身衣服搭进去了,我得赶快洗澡去。

中国人把狗当成下等动物,认为“猪狗不如”日子是最痛苦的。我看美国的狗好像生活的得挺好的。我记得,有个老头子居然把他的遗产继承人确定成了他的爱犬,还为之成立了一个“财产托管委员会”。看来社会环境不同了,这“猪狗不如”的说法,在翻译时就不一定起到原有的效果了。

Kevin

[Edited at 2005-12-19 01:00]

狗在中国的地位,好像是随着社会的进步而每况愈下。在较古远的时代,比做狗好像还不算是骂人。“猪狗不如”这个词,大概出自《荀子》:“乳彘不触虎,乳狗不远游,不忘其亲也。人也,下忘其身,内忘其亲,上忘其君,则是人也,而曾狗彘之不若也。”其实是表扬了狗,说狗尚且知道“不忘其亲”,而有些人不如狗。司马迁在《史记·孔子世家》转述郑人的话描写失意的孔子,“累累若丧家之犬”,似乎也没有太多的贬义,只是说他很狼狈而已。“飞鸟尽,良弓藏,狡兔死,走狗烹”也出自《史记》。走狗和良弓放在一起,是有力的帮手和武器。“鸡鸣狗盗”这个成语也出自《史记·孟尝君列传》,原意是指一些琐细卑微的技能,关键时刻起了大的作用。现在则指人的行为卑鄙,变成了贬义很强的成语。

[Edited at 2005-12-19 03:12]

[Edited at 2005-12-19 03:13]

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
"as dogs and swine"... Dec 19, 2005

Messan
A lap-dog; also applied to a person as a term of abuse. Also attrib. as messan-dog, -cur, -tyke.

a1500 Bernard. de cura rei fam. (E.E.T.S.) 13 Litile doggis and messanys with þar bellis.  1508 Kennedie Flyting w. Dunbar 495 A crabbit, scabbit, euill facit messan tyke.  1596 Dalrymple tr. Leslie's Hist. Scotl. I. 22 The varie
... See more
Messan
A lap-dog; also applied to a person as a term of abuse. Also attrib. as messan-dog, -cur, -tyke.

a1500 Bernard. de cura rei fam. (E.E.T.S.) 13 Litile doggis and messanys with þar bellis.  1508 Kennedie Flyting w. Dunbar 495 A crabbit, scabbit, euill facit messan tyke.  1596 Dalrymple tr. Leslie's Hist. Scotl. I. 22 The varietie of Messen dogs, wt quhilkes gentle women vses to recreate thame selfes.  1719 Hamilton Ep. i. iii. in Ramsay Poems (1877) II. 232 To petty poets, or sic messens.  1786 Burns Twa Dogs 18 Na pride had he, But wad hae spent an hour caressan, Ev'n wi' a Tinkler-gipsey's messan.  1828 Scott F. M. Perth xv, I met him+with a common minstrel wench, with her messan and her viol on his+arm.  1853 Carlyle in Atlantic Monthly LXXXII. (1898) 685 The white mat on Jane's lap is her wretched little messin-dog. 

Do a Google search for“as dogs and swine” http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=zh-CN&newwindow=1&c2coff=1&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-17,GGLD:zh-CN&q="input%20a%20query"&lr=lang_zh-CN|lang_zh-TW|lang_en , you'll get numerous results that show “dogs and swine” is as contemptible as the Chinese “猪狗不如”.
Kevin Yang wrote:
中国人把狗当成下等动物,认为“猪狗不如”日子是最痛苦的。我看美国的狗好像生活得挺好的。我记得,有个老头子居然把他的遗产继承人确定成了他的爱犬,还为之成立了一个“财产托管委员会”。看来社会环境不同了,这“猪狗不如”的说法,在翻译时就不一定起到原有的效果了。

Kevin

[Edited at 2005-12-19 03:45]
Collapse

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:24
English to Chinese
+ ...
好有意思的一贴 Dec 19, 2005

Kevin老兄,你这一贴很有意思,我也凑凑热闹:

(摘自圣经英文版):

"As a dog returns to its vomit,
so a fool repeats his folly."
- 26:08 Proverbs, Old Testament

"Like one who seizes a dog by the ears
is a passer-by who meddles in a quarrel
not his own"
- 26:17 Proverbs, OT
================================
伊斯兰教对狗狗的看法:(网上摘录)

《古兰�
... See more
Kevin老兄,你这一贴很有意思,我也凑凑热闹:

(摘自圣经英文版):

"As a dog returns to its vomit,
so a fool repeats his folly."
- 26:08 Proverbs, Old Testament

"Like one who seizes a dog by the ears
is a passer-by who meddles in a quarrel
not his own"
- 26:17 Proverbs, OT
================================
伊斯兰教对狗狗的看法:(网上摘录)

《古兰经》中有两处提到狗。 一处是在“山洞”一章中﹐狗陪伴着七个沉睡的人﹐使命是看守山洞口﹐“他们的狗伸着两条腿卧在洞口。”(18﹕18) 另一处是把狗比作受到迷误的人﹐他们依恋尘世﹐“所以他们像狗一样﹐你呵斥它﹐它就伸出舌头来﹐你不呵斥它﹐它也伸出舌头来﹐这是否认我的迹象者的譬喻。”(7﹕176)

《布哈里圣训集》中记载着圣门弟子伊本‧阿巴斯的一段传述﹐先知穆圣说﹕“天使不会进入有狗﹐或挂着画像的房屋。” 家中的狗和迷信的画像﹐都是不吉祥的东西﹐使清雅的房屋受到污秽﹐圣洁的天使拒绝进入。 在《阿布·达伍德圣训集》和《提尔密济圣训集》中都记载着同样的叙述﹐是许多圣门弟子的见证﹔“真主的使者走到一家门口﹐他不进入﹐因为这家门外有一尊神像﹐门帘上有画像﹐家中有一条狗。” 弟子们说﹐这三件东西的任何一件都是忌讳﹐真主的使者看到这样的家室很晦暗﹐不便迈步进入。 后来这家的主人得知后﹐搬走了门外的神像﹐取下了门帘﹐把狗拴在了后院﹐等候穆圣再来访问。

根据圣训﹐狗是不干净的家中驯养动物﹐如果人的餐具被狗舔过﹐必须洗七次﹐首先要用沙土搓揉。 用现代的知识理解﹐狗的唾液中必确实有各种细菌和病毒﹐最简单的消毒方式是用沙土搓揉和用水多次洗净。

狗不但唾液中含有病毒﹐而且狗的皮毛和排泄物之中是多种寄生虫的温暖家乡﹐药物无法杀菌和消毒﹐狗的全身内外都是带菌者﹐危害家庭卫生和人体健康﹐尤其对儿童伤害最大。穆斯林禁食狗肉﹐可能隐藏着这样的智慧。

狗的身体外层皮毛是干净的﹐可以触摸。其它教法学者也有同样的教律﹐例如接触过狗身体的衣服﹐不算脏﹐不破坏小净。如果衣服被狗舌舔过﹐穿那件衣服不许上殿礼拜﹐必须换下清洗。
================
2004年狂犬病占传染病病死数三分之一

发布时间:2005年09月13日 来源:人民网
为掌握我国狂犬病的疫情动态和流行规律,分析流行因素,了解狂犬病暴露后预防处置现状,评价预防处置效果,规范暴露后预防处置提供依据,为制定有效的预防控制措施提供科学依据,卫生部近日印发《全国狂犬病监测方案(试行)》。

《方案》要求开展全国常规监测
,同时在近年来疫情持续高发的广西、湖南、安徽、贵州4省,选择高发地市或县区作为国家监测点。《方案》还附有狂犬病病例个案调查表、狂犬病人标本送检登记表、狂犬病病原学检测结果表、狂犬病暴露人群门诊登记表、狂犬病宿主动物基本情况调查表5个附表,狂犬病标本采集技术指南、狂犬病实验室检测技术指南2个附件。

狂犬病是由狂犬病病毒引起的一种人兽共患传染病,按《中华人民共和国传染病防治法》的规定为乙类传染病。人感染狂犬病最常见的方式是通过感染狂犬病毒的犬、猫、野生食肉动物以及蝙蝠(食虫和吸血)的咬伤、挠抓、舔舐皮肤或粘膜破损处而感染。狂犬病毒主要通过破损的皮肤或粘膜侵入人体,经神经末梢上行进入中枢神经系统,临床表现主要为急性、进行性、几乎不可逆转的脑脊髓炎,病死率100%。近年来,我国狂犬病疫情一直呈上升趋势,病死数居我国37种法定传染病首位,2004年狂犬病死亡人数占我国法定传染病总死亡构成的35.72%。广西、湖南、江苏、安徽、湖北、广东和贵州等省份近年来疫情持续上升,疫情形势十分严峻。

[Edited at 2005-12-19 10:02]
Collapse

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
寧為太平犬 Dec 19, 2005

Kevin Yang wrote:

中國人說:寧為太平犬,不做亂世人。太平時,狗也可繼承人的財產,亂世人則真的 "豬狗不如" 了。

2006 年既然是狗年,希望我明年可以好好做個太平犬。

[Edited at 2005-12-19 11:35]

Angus Woo
Angus Woo
Chinese to English
+ ...
狗狗是人類的好朋友 Dec 20, 2005

唯一的缺點是命不夠長.

我同意人是萬物之靈,人類確實有比動物厲害的地方. 可反對人比動物優越的說法, 都是自然生物的一種嘛. 說不定將來人類像恐龍一樣滅絕了, 爬蟲類還在生存呢.

He who laughs last,laughs best.

狗狗年肯定是好年, 謝謝Kelvin, 祝大家都開心.

Yongmei Liu
Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
广东话读“舰” Dec 20, 2005

电视上好像是读成“蓝”,是不是因为“舰”的繁体写法右边跟“蓝”的繁体写法下边相似?

并问大安。

Last Hermit wrote:

1860 Bartlett Dict. Amer., Dogged, a euphemistic oath; as, ‘I'll be dogged if I do it’.  1884 ‘Mark Twain’ [Clemens] Adv. H. Finn (Farmer Amer.), Why, dog my cats! there must have been a house-full o' niggers in there every night. 

An excerpt from OED

Yongmei Liu wrote:

Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
不可忘记的实验犬 Dec 20, 2005

实验犬是被人用来进行科学研究及教学的实验动物。由于易于饲养,而且犬的解剖及生理特点相对于一般哺乳动物来讲更接近于人,所以它们常被用来进行医学实验。

早在我国古代,朝廷大员们就曾用犬做为活物试毒,如果犬若嗅出食物中有异味,就会报警或拒食。

在医学上,利用犬进行科学研究始于17世纪。最出色的一个实验是世界著名生理学�
... See more
实验犬是被人用来进行科学研究及教学的实验动物。由于易于饲养,而且犬的解剖及生理特点相对于一般哺乳动物来讲更接近于人,所以它们常被用来进行医学实验。

早在我国古代,朝廷大员们就曾用犬做为活物试毒,如果犬若嗅出食物中有异味,就会报警或拒食。

在医学上,利用犬进行科学研究始于17世纪。最出色的一个实验是世界著名生理学家巴甫洛夫进行的。他通过数十年对犬的研究,发现了条件反射规律,并对其他学科的发展产生了很大的影响。1904年,巴甫洛夫获得诺贝尔生理或医学奖,但他并没有忘记实验犬做出的巨大贡献。因此,他提议在前苏联修建了一座碑,以纪念“多年甚至终生地为生物学献身”的犬。

随着现代医学等学科的飞速发展,目前,犬被广泛用于病理、生理、药理、遗传及外科等专业的实验研究,以及近年来十分热门的心理学研究及人体器官移植实验,并扩展到军事、航天、气象等领域。其中一个名叫比格犬的小型犬品种,是世界公认的实验用最理想的犬种之一。它原产于英国,19世纪末传入美国,我国于20世纪80年代引进。实验用比格犬性格温顺,不用麻醉即可对其进行静注药物,非常乖巧。
另外几种实验犬:纽芬兰犬(专用于实验外科)、墨西哥无毛犬(用于研究黑头粉刺病)、Boxer犬(可用于淋巴肉瘤、红斑狼疮病的研究)。

世界上利用犬进行科学实验最多的国家是美国。仅在1992年美国保护动物方面组织透露的数据就表明,当时美国军方的58个实验室每年耗资1亿多美元在约50万只动物身上进行致命试验,其中实验犬占有很大的比例。

犬的眼水晶体虽然较大,视力却很差,正面景物看不清,对移动物体感觉灵敏,视力只有20-30m,嗅觉是人的100倍,听觉是人的16倍。所有犬都是红绿色盲。

[Edited at 2005-12-20 05:07]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2006, the Year of the Dogs (狗年说狗)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »