Thread poster: Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:13
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jun 1, 2006

I have been struggling with Google all day long. Almost all Google services are not accessible here. I wonder if it's only my regional problem or it's a problem Mainland China-wide.

Without this useful tool, it's so inconvenient to do web research. It's no exaggeration that without Google, Internet loses some luster.

I hope it will be back soon.

Donglai Lou (X)
Donglai Lou (X)  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:13
English to Chinese
+ ...
try google.cn that is the Mainland China version of Google. Jun 1, 2006

this is a cleaned version that meets local authorities' requirements.

Jianjun Zhang
United Kingdom
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No access. Jun 1, 2006

Donglai Lou wrote:

谷歌也没得唱了。Google.cn is not accessible either! Believe it or not, even ALL google ads are NOT accessible (invisible) in my area! But they are certainly there if you visit from outside. They are simply totally blocked. At least it is my case in my area. What's happening?

Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
我这里也不能用 Jun 1, 2006

我用google时经常发现时断时续地不能使用的情况,表现是正在使用时,突然就出现网页不能显示,等5-10分钟又恢复,然后又不能用,gmail的情况也是一样,不过比hotmail一连四五天登陆不上好多了。
google.cn可以使用。

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:13
English to Chinese
+ ...
也许过几天就好了 Jun 2, 2006

Jianjun Zhang wrote:

Donglai Lou wrote:

谷歌也没得唱了。Google.cn is not accessible either! Believe it or not, even ALL google ads are NOT accessible (invisible) in my area! But they are certainly there if you visit from outside. They are simply totally blocked. At least it is my case in my area. What's happening?

Yahoo能不能用?看来城门真的失火了。也许过了这几天就好了。

seavin wu
seavin wu
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
我还以为和教育网有冲突呢 Jun 2, 2006

Han Li wrote:

我用google时经常发现时断时续地不能使用的情况,表现是正在使用时,突然就出现网页不能显示,等5-10分钟又恢复,然后又不能用,gmail的情况也是一样,不过比hotmail一连四五天登陆不上好多了。
google.cn可以使用。

我这也时断时续的,感觉一点也不爽啊,开始还以为和教育网有冲突呢.谷哥还好,登录gmail就别想了,有十来天没上gmail了.郁闷!!!

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
gmail可以用,google.cn也可以用 Jun 2, 2006

google.com不正常已经有一段时间了。看了东来的帖子,我转到google.cn果然就好了。

我这里gmail是一直可以用的。偶尔上不去时,用这个方法:打开IE,选择:工具 - Internet选项- 常规 - 删除文件-确定。

几秒钟内一般就能正常。

seavin wu wrote:

Han Li wrote:

google.cn可以使用。

我这也时断时续的,感觉一点也不爽啊,开始还以为和教育网有冲突呢.谷哥还好,登录gmail就别想了,有十来天没上gmail了.郁闷!!!

[Edited at 2006-06-02 10:17]

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
香港有沒城門失火呢? Jun 2, 2006

Yueyin Sun wrote:

Yahoo 能不能用?看来城门真的失火了。也许过了这几天就好了。

香港的情況呢?台灣人不怕兵臨城下,但相當擔心城門失火。

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
There's always more than one way to skin a cat. Jun 2, 2006

1) www - dot - clusty - dot - com

2) www - dot - icerocket - dot - com

To view wiCKed-pedia, go through www - dot - answers - dot - com.

Every year this time, Ghosts are pressing forward. The said channels are UNblocked. Go look for the Ghosts there.

Cigarette smoking is hazardous to your health.

Jianjun Zhang wrote:

I have been struggling with Google all day long. Almost all Google services are not accessible here. I wonder if it's only my regional problem or it's a problem Mainland China-wide.

Without this useful tool, it's so inconvenient to do web research. It's no exaggeration that without Google, Internet loses some luster.

I hope it will be back soon.

[Edited at 2006-06-02 12:58]

Jianjun Zhang
United Kingdom
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Google is still not stable. Jun 2, 2006

Yueyin Sun wrote:

Yahoo能不能用?看来城门真的失火了。也许过了这几天就好了。

Yueyin,

Yahoo is accessible, although some of its services are blocked.

If some of you decide to host with Yahoo, be careful, because some of its servers are blocked while others not.

It's impossible to visit Google.cn while Google.com is blocked. Because the dot CN domain name itself has nothing to do with server location.

Actually, Google.cn is using the very same servers as Google.com and hundreds of many other Google websites.

If you think it's impossible, just try this:

Point your browser to Google.cn and when the page is loaded. Look at the address bar, it shows: http://www.google.com/intl/zh-CN/

If Google.com is not accessible, then http://www.google.com/intl/zh-CN/ is NOT. Because they are under one same domain and are both on google servers in the US.

As I said, access to Google is still unstable. If you are lucky enough to use it for a minute, another minute it is filtered out. The same thing happens to Google.cn.

BTW, I love the site dot answers dot com. Thanks for that, Reed.

pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:13
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
六月六日斷腸時 Jun 2, 2006

六月六日斷腸時 (D-Day the Sixth of June) 、碧血長天(The Longest Day)兩部應時電影,都是寫諾曼第登陸,鄭重推薦。資料在GOOGLE谷歌可查,此間上網非常穩定。波士頓現時多雲,過幾天便會雨過天晴。網收、網放,權收、權放,是天意、是人為,管他的,還是遊戲人生,看電影吧!

[Edited at 2006-06-02 17:28]

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
用outlook express接收gmail邮件应该没问题 Jun 2, 2006

在gmail里可以设置用outlook express接收邮件,并同时保存在gmail邮箱里。

#41698 (LSF)
#41698 (LSF)
Malaysia
Japanese to English
+ ...
Congestion on international links Jun 2, 2006

Han Li wrote:

google.cn可以使用。

I'm not staying in China and I don't know the situation there. But from what you wrote, it might be due to congestion on international links.

Over at my place (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia), sometimes I have similar problems on my broadband line (not to Google, but sometimes to some sites in Europe and sometime to US) but when I dial out to another service provider on a 56K line (slow speed modem), the connection is even better!

This means that different service providers might be using different links to international networks and broadband speed is not necessarily faster or better than 56K dialup for international access but it probably depends on the service provider's international bandwidth (that's the bottleneck).

David Shen
David Shen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:13
English to Chinese
+ ...
我们的斷腸日比欧洲早 Jun 2, 2006

---六月六日斷腸時---

pkChan兄:

我们的斷腸日象我们的历史一样,比欧洲早,至少提早两天.
好象在你的另一个帖子上看到请人吃波士頓龙虾的,得奖我是没指望了,不过要是有时间,机票自付光为龙虾来一趟波士頓也值得.你会赏脸一起吃顿饭吗?我请喝茶(反正都免费的,到Charles River里面打桶水就行).波士頓龙虾我只吃到过一次,是当地葡萄人开的餐馆.真的跟旧金山的不一样.波士頓的博物馆虽比大都会小,可里头全是精品,连周围小镇上的县级博物馆都让人跌破眼镜,如Peabody, Newport等,好东西全在那里.更不要说遍布两岸的一所所名牌大学.波士頓文化气氛之浓,人文景观之丰富,大约为美国之最.很羡慕你.是不是秋天来最好,可上白山看红叶,但哪是龙虾上市的时候吗?

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:13
English to Chinese
+ ...
Let's enjoy while not taking it for granted Jun 2, 2006

沈兄一番话勾起我对New England无比美好的回忆。游览New England当然是以秋天为最佳。龙虾是任何季节都能吃到的,但大量上市的时候也是秋天。龙虾以缅因州的最为著名,记得以前最便宜的季节里每磅只要$2.99。至于10月份去New Hampshire的White Mountains看枫叶,更是别有一番情趣。看了白山的枫叶,就会觉得其它地方的就不必看了。北京香山的枫叶以红色为主,科罗拉多州Aspen的枫叶... See more
沈兄一番话勾起我对New England无比美好的回忆。游览New England当然是以秋天为最佳。龙虾是任何季节都能吃到的,但大量上市的时候也是秋天。龙虾以缅因州的最为著名,记得以前最便宜的季节里每磅只要$2.99。至于10月份去New Hampshire的White Mountains看枫叶,更是别有一番情趣。看了白山的枫叶,就会觉得其它地方的就不必看了。北京香山的枫叶以红色为主,科罗拉多州Aspen的枫叶则以黄色为主,但白山的枫叶却极为绚丽多彩。据说Vermont的枫叶更美,当然加拿大的枫叶也毫不逊色。实际上,若在金秋季节里驾车游览New England的任何地方,那美丽的景色都会让人觉得似乎是身处人间仙境。
http://www.weirsonline.com/foliagephotos.htm

[Edited at 2006-06-06 20:10]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please verify Google services are not available in China

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »