Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23] >
简体中文网页已经上了! (Proz.com has been PARTIALLY localized into Chinese!)
Thread poster: Zhoudan

Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:26
English to Chinese
+ ...
Browniz and other Nov 6, 2006

TongliUSA wrote:

Betty and all,

That was indeed a very touching concert. I watched it from the CCTV's replay program. I remembered I had the moment that I almost had to grab the tissue paper for myself.

Yes, the whole audience was deeply moved by that fabulous performance. When the Taiwanese veteran singer, Zhang Di, came on stage and performed his amusing pieces, we began to realize the essence of “同一首歌”.

I have the detailed record showing what each of you have done, and will distribute them to you soon. Right now, I came cross a technical glitch and need the ProZ.com staff help. Hopefully all can be done soon. So, please be patient with me and do not worry that I would eat all your BrowniZ.

Kevin

I am eager to donate my browniz to any colleague who is interested in going platinum. Therefore, please don't bother to give them to me.

By the way, since Pei Ling has kindly expressed her interest in helping us with the SCH localization project, please assign a file to her.

Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:26
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you for your referrals. Nov 6, 2006

Chinoise wrote:

By the way, since Pei Ling has kindly expressed her interest in helping us with the SCH localization project, please assign a file to her.

Betty,

Thank you for your referrals. I exchanged emails with Pei Ling and redred about the possibilities of having them as our localization team members, but they both do not have Trados. This job requires Trados and it would be very difficult for this SCH translation project without Trados. For now, I only can keep both ladies as candidates, in case we need proofreaders.

Kevin

[修改时间: 2006-11-06 04:52]

English to Chinese
+ ...
TIA! Nov 6, 2006

Thanks, Kevin. I am sure they both will do an excellent job, so will Denyce. Our Chinese community is fortunate to have so many talented female language professionals.

(One thing I forgot to mention:Zhoudan has obviously done a matchless job already...)

TongliUSA wrote:

Chinoise wrote:

Betty,

Thank you for your referrals. I exchanged emails with Pei Ling and redred about the possibilities of having them as our localization team members, but they both do not have Trados. This job requires Trados and it will very difficult to do the SCH translation without using Trados. For now, I only can keep both ladies as candidates, in case we need proofreaders.

Kevin

[修改时间: 2006-11-06 04:56]

peiling  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:26
Chinese to English
+ ...
I do have Trados, Kevin. Nov 6, 2006

You must have mixed-up the emails.

TongliUSA wrote:

Betty,

Thank you for your referrals. I exchanged emails with Pei Ling and redred about the possibilities of having them as our localization team members, but they both do not have Trados. This job requires Trados and it would be very difficult for this SCH translation project without Trados. For now, I only can keep both ladies as candidates, in case we need proofreaders.

Kevin

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 01:26
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
伤感 Nov 6, 2006

Angus Woo wrote:

有時候看到父母日漸衰老的眼神,漸退的記憶力,而晚輩們並不理解他們,內心總是有些傷感。

我内心也有这种伤感。有时想起我父母就想哭。他们俩年纪越来越大,身体又开始这儿疼那儿酸,但我却没法在他们身边,两个弟弟又不会照顾他们,真的觉得很无奈。其实有时候寄钱回家只是希望自己心里好过一点,很自私,是吧?

Denyce

[Edited at 2006-11-07 08:31]

Angus Woo
Local time: 01:26
Chinese to English
+ ...
有的時候就是這樣的 Nov 7, 2006

Denyce Seow wrote:
我内心也有这种伤感。有时想起我父母,就想哭。他们俩年纪越来越大,身体又开始这儿疼那儿酸,但我却没法在他们身边,两个弟弟又不会照顾他们,真的觉得很无奈。其实有时候寄钱回家只是希望自己心里好过一点,很自私,是吧?
Denyce

原來你還遠離父母生活, 那當然就更是愛莫能助了. 孔夫子"樹欲靜而風不止,子欲養而親不在"的故事, 估計說的就是這種無奈吧. 聖人尚不可免, 凡夫俗子也只有盡力而為吧.

多數父母渴望的是兒女對他們的重視, 而不一定是物質, 只要心中時時有所牽掛, 父母也就滿足了, 畢竟多數的父母是在兒女身上付出了無數的心血, sense of importance是所有人的共同心理追求. 你是一位孝順的女兒, 真替你的父母感到寬慰.

ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:26
English to Chinese
+ ...
几点看法,供参考 Nov 10, 2006

今天抽空看了看汉化网页和有关讨论,觉得大家做了很多很好的工作。下面愿就其中一页谈几点看法,供参考。

原文:
http://www.proz.com/?sp=info/prem&sp_mode=

Professional translator? Join us in driving the industry forward--become a ProZ.com member today.
Since 1999, ProZ.com has been the place where professional translators work together to improve their profession. By creating such collaborative services as KudoZ, the Blue Board, Powwows, "Translator Group Buying" and more, and through networking in the forums and at offline conferences, ProZ.com members have ushered in a new era of collaboration--and strength--for translators.

The result is clear: Today, if you are a professional translator, you are no longer alone.

Joining ProZ.com means being part of the network of translators that is changing the industry. But it is also a personal investment. A ProZ.com membership subscription provides powerful ways to meet new clients and expand your business, to improve your work, to network and to have fun.

So join us as we collaborate, innovate and redefine our profession!
Join ProZ.com now >

译文:
您是专业翻译吗? 加入我们,推动翻译行业向前迈进 —
今天就成为ProZ.com网站的会员吧!
自从1999年以来,ProZ.com网站便成为专页翻译工作者互相帮助,提高专业翻译服务的园地。通过提供KudoZ词汇翻译,信誉栏,译员联谊会(Powwows),"译员团购"和更多互动形式,以及在论坛和脱机会议 建立合作关系,ProZ.com网站的会员和使用者真正步入了互助互利的新时代,让翻译工作者的能力得到整体的提升。

成果是显而易见的: 如今,如果您是一位专业翻译工作者,那您再也用不着孤军奋战了。

加入ProZ.com网站,就意味着在日新月异的翻译行业中,不但可以成为这支翻译大军中的一员,还可以作为一项意义深远的自我投资。成为ProZ.com会员之后,您的会员身份可以让您获得更多接触客户和扩展业务的机会,提高您的翻译质量,扩展互助网络,增添工作乐趣,好处真是枚不胜举。

来吧,今天就加入我们的行列,让我们共同合作和创新,重新定义我们的专业翻译职业!
立即加入ProZ.com网站! >

-----------------------------------------
我的看法:
1. “您是专业翻译吗? 加入我们,推动翻译行业向前迈进 — “
觉得“加入我们”译得太直了。另外,人“向前迈进”,行业用“发展”较宜。建议改为:“请加入我们的行列,推动翻译行业向前发展 — ”。

2. “ProZ.com网站便成为专页翻译工作者互相帮助” 中“专页”应为“专业”。

3. “通过提供KudoZ词汇翻译,信誉栏,译员联谊会(Powwows),"译员团购"和更多互动形式”
逗号均应改为顿号。

4. “以及在论坛和脱机会议 建立合作关系,”
对于“脱机会议”一词感到比较别扭,offline conferences 是指ProZ.com召开的国际性会议和地区性会议,是否改为“专场会议”? 不知大家有无别的建议?

5. “成为ProZ.com会员之后,您的会员身份可以让您获得更多接触客户和扩展业务的机会,”
“成为”前面应该有“您”字,因为后一句的主语是“您的会员身份”。只有两句的主语相同时,前一句的主语才可省略。
或者,省去前一段,将整句改为“您的ProZ.com会员身份可以让您获得更多的接触客户和扩展业务的机会,…”

6. “立即加入ProZ.com网站! >”听起来是命令式,最后应加上一个“吧”字,成为邀请语气。

以上只是些小毛病,整体上仍不失为一篇好译文。

Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you, Yueyin, for all your great comments and suggestions. Nov 11, 2006

Yueyin Sun wrote:

今天抽空看了看汉化网页和有关讨论,觉得大家做了很多很好的工作。下面愿就其中一页谈几点看法,供参考。

我的看法:
1. “您是专业翻译吗? 加入我们,推动翻译行业向前迈进 — “
觉得“加入我们”译得太直了。另外,人“向前迈进”,行业用“发展”较宜。建议改为:“请加入我们的行列,推动翻译行业向前发展 — ”。

2. “ProZ.com网站便成为专页翻译工作者互相帮助” 中“专页”应为“专业”。

3. “通过提供KudoZ词汇翻译,信誉栏,译员联谊会(Powwows),"译员团购"和更多互动形式”
逗号均应改为顿号。

4. “以及在论坛和脱机会议 建立合作关系,”
对于“脱机会议”一词感到比较别扭,offline conferences 是指ProZ.com召开的国际性会议和地区性会议,是否改为“专场会议”? 不知大家有无别的建议?

5. “成为ProZ.com会员之后,您的会员身份可以让您获得更多接触客户和扩展业务的机会,”
“成为”前面应该有“您”字,因为后一句的主语是“您的会员身份”。只有两句的主语相同时,前一句的主语才可省略。
或者,省去前一段,将整句改为“您的ProZ.com会员身份可以让您获得更多的接触客户和扩展业务的机会,…”

6. “立即加入ProZ.com网站! >”听起来是命令式,最后应加上一个“吧”字,成为邀请语气。

以上只是些小毛病,整体上仍不失为一篇好译文。

Hello, Yueyin

Thank you for all your great comments and suggestions. Sorry for the delay in response. I Just finished some urgent jobs and back to this project again. I just fixed all those places you mentioned. Let me know if I missed anything. Your eyes are like knives and cut through everything just like that. Please keep on doing it, and we need that kind of detailed help!

Good Job!

Kevin

[修改时间: 2006-11-11 22:00]

ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:26
English to Chinese
+ ...
抛砖引玉 Nov 11, 2006

Hi Kevin,

我的意见不一定全对,仅供参考或抛砖引玉。谢谢!

English to Chinese
+ ...
Pei Ling Nov 15, 2006

Have you been able to view the localized page in Chinese? Any feedback?

Pei Ling Haussecker wrote:

TongliUSA wrote:

Betty,

Kevin

peiling  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:26
Chinese to English
+ ...
Not yet Nov 15, 2006

I've not heard from Kevin.

Chinoise wrote:

Have you been able to view the localized page in Chinese? Any feedback?

TongliUSA wrote:

Betty,

Kevin

Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
The SCH localization project has been on hold for over two months now. Nov 15, 2006

Betty and Pei Ling,

Thank you for checking on me.

For now the localized Chinese pages only can be viewed by the team members in the localization project. The 1st round localization has been completed and the 2nd round had to be put on hold due to technical errors caused by the webmasters and the lack of pledges to the 2nd round of SCH localization. It has been on hold for over two months now. I do not know when the 2nd round can be started.

Kevin

English to Chinese
+ ...
Pei Ling and kevin Nov 15, 2006

Pei Ling,

I am sure kevin will let you join the team whenever the files are ready. I really appreciate your willingness to be a volunteer when the team is badly in need of more high-calibre people like you.

TongliUSA wrote:

Betty and Pei Ling,

For now the localized Chinese pages only can be viewed by the team members in the localization project. The 1st round localization has been completed and the 2nd round had to be put on hold due to technical errors caused by the webmasters and the lack of pledges to the 2nd round of SCH localization. It has been on hold for over two months now. I do not know when the 2nd round can be started.
Kevin

Kevin,

As far as I know, Pei Ling, redred, Angeline_sh, Denyce, etc have all openly expressed their strong wish to help with the 2nd round of the SCH Localization/translation. Would you please check with each of them again? As a senior member of this site, I definitely know that they are all well-educated and highly professional. So, do let them join the Chinese Localization Team. Thanks so much in advance!

Kind regards,

Betty

[修改时间: 2006-11-15 23:15]

pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:26
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I second that. Nov 16, 2006

Chinoise wrote:

Pei Ling,

I am sure kevin will let you join the team whenever the files are ready. I really appreciate your willingness to be a volunteer when the team is badly in need of more high-calibre people like you.

TongliUSA wrote:

Betty and Pei Ling,

Kevin

Kevin,

As far as I know, Pei Ling, redred, Angeline_sh, Denyce, etc have all openly expressed their strong wish to help with the 2nd round of the SCH Localization/translation. Would you please check with each of them again? As a senior member of this site, I definitely know that they are all well-educated and highly professional. So, do let them join the Chinese Localization Team. Thanks so much in advance!

Kind regards,

Betty

[修改时间: 2006-11-15 23:15]

試譯﹕senior=先來呀, senior member=先來呀會員,不是指年齡,而是講資歷。

Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Attention, please! Dec 15, 2006

Hello, All Team Members of the Chinese Localization Project

I have good news to share with you that it seems finally the source files for the 2nd round of Chinese translation have been fixed and they are correctly linked now. I will soon to prep them and distribute them to you as soon as I can. I hope we can kick off the 2nd round of this localization project soon.

At the meanwhile, I have a favor to ask from you. I just learned that Patrick, the Localization Manager, never received my Job Report that I remembered I submitted. The bad news is that my computer had just recovered from a virus attack and I had to reformat the hard drive. I lost this Job Report in my computer. In this report, I recorded the jobs your have done. It was very detailed and listed out each file that was translated and/or proofread by each of you. This is the record Patrick will need to distribute the Brownies and archived as your contributions to this project. Can you please email me or simply post here what you did in the 1 round of this localization project, so I can re-build this Job Report? Your timely attention is very much appreciated.

I apologize for this inconvenience and thank you in advance for providing me with the above-mentioned information!

Kevin

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

简体中文网页已经上了! (Proz.com has been PARTIALLY localized into Chinese!)

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search