Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16] >
Off topic: Qualifications and Skills of Moderator and Users in Chinese Forum?
Thread poster: chica nueva
Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 13:03
English to Chinese
+ ...
相似: Jan 14, 2007

跟我谈话当然要尽量随便,不要太认真,因为我说过“我从来不严肃”的。

你逗我,我逗你,逗出些乐趣来,大家笑一笑,在翻译工作的压力下,日子也好过了许多。说真的,我还有点儿觉得应该早遇到你,那会让我的脾气变得更好,和气生财,早就发了。

这阵子受你照顾,应该明白道个谢。几时要回北京,请及早通知一下,我必定飞过来跟你好好逗一逗;要不然就等后年我带孩子们到巴黎时,再路过叨搅了。该不会闭门不见吧?;)

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:03
English to Chinese
+ ...
乡思: Jan 14, 2007

chance:
俺也说句大实话:Wenjer这次该去的是巴黎,而不是上海......:)

chance wrote:
不像文哲,与我探讨最多,但往往不知我所指

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
幸好我不住在巴黎 Jan 14, 2007

Chinoise wrote:

chance:

chance wrote:
不像文哲,与我探讨最多,但往往不知我所指

pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:03
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
貼錯門神 Jan 14, 2007

chance wrote:

Chinoise wrote:

chance:

chance wrote:
不像文哲,与我探讨最多,但往往不知我所指

像對冤鬼一樣,前世是十怨九仇,今世都要死過(拼命)。

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Betty 聪明过人 Jan 14, 2007

专找哪壶不开提哪壶
pkchan wrote:

貼錯門神

chance wrote:

Chinoise wrote:

chance:

chance wrote:
不像文哲,与我探讨最多,但往往不知我所指

像對冤鬼一樣,前世是十怨九仇,今世都要死過(拼命)。

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:03
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Such discussion is unlikely to achieve positive and constructive results and it needs to stop. Jan 14, 2007

Angus Woo wrote:

Kevin,

First of all, In my opinion, nobody is trying to harm the company's business plan. This is a serious and yet unproven allegation. In fact, all the discussions in this thread are about how to improve this place by making more people feel comfortable rather than how to destroy this place. Without this platform, all the active speakers won't even exist in the first place, and everybody knows the logic.

Thank you for telling us that the moderator is not allowed to delete any post but only to hide them.

Regarding this issue, I also have something else that I want to share with others. To a certain extent, I do not agree with what you said that if the moderator hides a post, it's just a thing between the moderator and the poster. Of course, one can't imagine that whenever a moderator decides to hide something, he/she has to explain it to everybody present here. It's simply not feasible.

However, since a moderator is the upholder of the rules and you said you always speak to other participants as the moderator and moderators should tell the poster why when his/her post has been hidden from the public, then here comes my question.

Egalitarianism

Everybody should be treated equally which means the same rule should apply to everybody, not just a particular participant. So logically, there is no such a thing as just between the moderator and the poster. It's always the moderator and everyone, for the moderator's answer should carry the binding power over everyone in an egalitarian manner. It's a tough job you got there. If a post in the eyes of quite a number of participants that it has not violated any rule and yet it's hidden, then it's the moderator's responsibility to tell everyone if there has been a change in the rules or a different interpretation of the old rule, for those speakers are likely to repeat the same mistake again if not informed.

Also, you said in Chinese that in case a post is hidden, the moderator should let the poster know why. Again, I hope this rule applies to everyone. I mean everyone.

Another thing is that I don't think the moderator should declare a post closed, unless peaceful, constructive communication and exchange of ideas between the interlocutors have clearly become impossible, for the moderator is the keeper of the rules and the keeper of peace, but not the shaper of consensus.

At last, allow me to recite one of the cornerstones of this forum that is it tries to make "everybody" feel welcomed, including even by passers.

Angus,

Thank you for your new post in this thread. I also learned that you just filed a support ticket for this matter. The Management will address directly to your concern soon. I want to remind you again that this discussion in this thread was ended 4 days ago, because such discussion is unlikely to achieve positive and constructive results and it needs to stop. Please respect that decision and follow the instruction accordingly.

For responding to your new post above, here comes my reply:

1. ProZ.com's business plans are not an issue in these discussions, only forum rules are.

2. In practical terms deleting and hiding are the same. What a moderator can not do is to edit the content of other peoples' posts.

3. Please quote me or understand my statement within the context. In my response to Chance’s suggestion, I wrote “至于为什么要屏蔽某个帖子,有很多规定和考虑因素,版主拥有直接决策权,并通知张贴人相关屏蔽决定。这种决定与非当事人无关,也无需作出解释。” Chance understood it without any problem. If the moderator decides to hide a post, the moderator will discuss with the poster ONLY and letting her/him know the reason for this action and the applied rule(s) of the forum. If the moderator hides a post, it's not a personal thing between the moderator and the poster but between the posting and the rules. No personal issues. A moderator should hide a posting against the rules even if (s)he personally agree to the opinions expressed therein.

4. When a posting is hidden, the moderators should let the poster know about the reasons, which I always do. No need to post an explanation globally, as, again this would depart from the posted topic of the thread (and eventually from the scope of the site). All rules are visible to everyone at http://www.proz.com/siterules and they apply to all, so the system is egalitarian.

5. In your complaint to the Management, I learned that you felt insulted by my question “Have you heard the Chinese saying of ‘looking for bones in an egg’?” If you are as sensitive about it as you are saying, I will be happy to delete it from my previous post. But I want you to take this opportunity also to check through those posts of your own in this thread and make the necessary edits.

6. The last and not the least, a moderator can (and should) close a thread if (s)he feels that the discussion is unlikely to achieve positive and constructive results, such as when the arguments depart consistently from the discussed issues and turn personal.

Kevin

[修改时间: 2007-01-14 21:32]

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
BrowniZ Jan 14, 2007

Hi Chance, Angus, Zhoudan, Xiaoping, Redred, Lesley, lingua franca, wherestip, et al,

I have more than 11,000 BrowniZ points. If you folks are interested in going Platinum, please do contact me for the BrowniZ discount (It will be offered on the basis of " FCFS" )...;)

Kind regards,
Betty

chance wrote:
Betty 聪明过人
专找哪壶不开提哪壶

[Edited at 2007-01-14 22:32]

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:03
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
我可以请你帮助翻译所有的中文帖子,免得真实文字的意思被曲解。 Jan 14, 2007

chance wrote:
经常出没法语论坛的MODS好像也有西班牙和意大利论坛的MODS,他们在法语论坛以MOD身份处理问题从来都是直接用法语,不会再同时贴出英语以便管理部门检查。当然也许是文化不同,法语论坛很少会有人(可能从来没有人)会直接给管理部门投诉的

Chance,

你能用恰当的语气和用词来提出建议,值得赞扬!建议是否恰当可以讨论,但重要的是交流的方式和手段。我在回应的时候,特别注重这一点,尽量使用与对方语气相匹配的口吻说话。

本论坛的MODZ大多都会英语、法语、西班牙语。过去五年来懂中文的MOD只有我一位,直到几个月前才有两位懂中文的MODZ加盟。英文是MODZ的工作语言,所以使用英文便于网站管理人员的介入和明白问题在所在。

如果你有兴趣和时间,每次投诉来了,我可以请你帮助翻译所有的中文帖子,免得真实文字的意思被曲解,导致想了解和解决问题的人也不知道究竟问题在哪里。

Kevin

Georgiacao
Georgiacao
Local time: 06:03
English to German
+ ...
BrowniZ points Jan 14, 2007

Hi Chinoise,
I am Georgia. Denyce, my friend, told me that you are very nice and would share me Browniz points.
My Browniz points are -77 now. It would very nice of you, if you can help me.

thank you very much.

Chinoise wrote:

Hi Chance, Angus, Zhoudan, Xiaoping, Redred, Lesley, lingua franca, wherestip, et al,

I have more than 11,000 BrowniZ points. If you folks are interested in going Platinum, please do contact me for the BrowniZ discount (It will be offered on the basis of " FCFS" )...;)

Kind regards,
Betty

chance wrote:
Betty 聪明过人
专找哪壶不开提哪壶

[Edited at 2007-01-14 22:32]

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
Great!! Jan 14, 2007

Nice to hear from you , Georgia!!

I will do so right away. BTW, please use these 4000 points within one week otherwise they will revert back to my account. Give my regards to Denyce!:)

Happy ProZing!

Best regards,
Betty

Georgiacao wrote:

Hi Chinoise,
I am Georgia. Denyce, my friend, told me that you are very nice and would share me Browniz points.
My Browniz points are -77 now. It would very nice of you, if you can help me.

thank you very much.

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:03
Chinese to English
+ ...
Thanks, Betty Jan 14, 2007

Chinoise wrote:

Kind regards,
Betty

I appreciate your kind offer, Betty. Actually, I have a lot of BrowniZ points myself, but platinum status would be redundant for me since I'm not planning on doing any translation work at this time.

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
U R welcome, wherestip! Jan 15, 2007

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you decide to become a member at a later time!

Regards,
Betty

wherestip wrote:
I appreciate your kind offer, Betty. Actually, I have a lot of BrowniZ points myself, but platinum status would be redundant for me since I'm not planning on doing any translation work at this time.

lingua franc (X)
lingua franc (X)
Local time: 15:03
Chinese to English
+ ...
Thank you for your generosity... Jan 15, 2007

Hi Betty,
Thank you but I don't really need them. Plus I never understand how these things work.

LF

[quote]Chinoise wrote:

Kind regards,
Betty

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
U R very welcome... Jan 15, 2007

Hi LF,

If you use these 4000 points and purchase ProZ.com membership, you will be able to obtain the benefits below:
www.proz.com/join?viewPage=overview

For more info about BrowniZ Donation, please refer to this page: www.proz.com/?sp=bz_donate

Therefore, if you accept the 4000 BrowniZ, you will obtain a 25% discount (= approximately $40).

HTH

Regards,
Betty

lingua franca wrote:
Hi Betty, Thank you for your generosity...
Thank you but I don't really need them. Plus I never understand how these things work.

LF

[Edited at 2007-01-15 02:01]

redred
redred  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 13:03
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thanks Betty Jan 15, 2007

截止至12月15日,网站发了几次信函,其优惠价是100美元一年,我认为其他人也收到这些信,如果想办早就办了。Thanks again.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Qualifications and Skills of Moderator and Users in Chinese Forum?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »