Off topic: 请教有关Windows Vista的问题
Thread poster: isahuang
isahuang
isahuang
Local time: 10:02
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 4, 2007

请问是否已经有人开始用Vista?我想更新电脑,但今天去店里看了一下,感兴趣的几款电脑都已经是Vista了。听说Vista在使用中发现了一些与其它软件有冲突的问题。我想再买之前先听听大家的意见。

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 22:02
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Use Trados? Mar 4, 2007

Do you use Trados? I heard Vista is not yet compatible with Trados. You might like to wait a while more with Vista if you use Trados.

Denyce

isahuang
isahuang
Local time: 10:02
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Mar 4, 2007

Denyce Seow wrote:

Do you use Trados? I heard Vista is not yet compatible with Trados. You might like to wait a while more with Vista if you use Trados.

Denyce

no, I don't use Trados, but cannot rule out the possibility of using it in the future. Good to know this, thank you. Btw, I just found a great Taiji teacher and will start taking lessons from him regularly. I am very excited, I should be able to kick butt very soon.:D

Inga Jakobi
Inga Jakobi  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:02
Member (2006)
Chinese to German
+ ...
You can use Trados on Vista Mar 5, 2007

Hi,
Trados 2006 is Vista-compatible. I installed Trados 2006 on my Vista Noebook and can open it etc., the only problem is, that Trados 2006 is not compatible with Office 2007. But as you are not using Trados yet, you would probably buy the newer version anyway which is (as SDL says) compatible with Vista and Office 2007. But still there is always the chance that software makes trouble when using with such a new OS.
Inga

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 22:02
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Misunderstanding Mar 5, 2007

Hi Inga,

Steffi gave me the wrong info then. She said you cannot use your new baby yet because Trados is incompatible with Vista. Misunderstanding, misunderstanding... Anyway, I saw a picture of your Vaio. Vaio+Vista... I'm so jealous...

Denyce

Inga Jakobi
Inga Jakobi  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:02
Member (2006)
Chinese to German
+ ...
:-)) Mar 5, 2007

Denyce Seow wrote:

Hi Inga,

Steffi gave me the wrong info then. She said you cannot use your new baby yet because Trados is incompatible with Vista. Misunderstanding, misunderstanding... Anyway, I saw a picture of your Vaio. Vaio+Vista... I'm so jealous...

Denyce

And I am waiting...

In any case I hope that Microsoft will solve any problems concerning compatibility that might occur soon!

[Edited at 2007-03-05 22:15]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

请教有关Windows Vista的问题

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »