Chinese-Chinese Kudoz
Thread poster: Denyce Seow

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 05:57
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Sep 23, 2007

Dear all,

Yesterday, two colleagues complained about a Kudoz question that asked for comments on the asker's translation. The asker posted this question because he/she was not sure of the source sentence. I checked the Kudoz rules and found that such questions are allowed but only in Chinese-Chinese Kudoz.

"Askers can also post sentences to ask for help in understanding a meaning, word order or a grammatical issue, but this should be done in the corresponding monolingual language pair."
http://www.proz.com/faq/kudoz#What_is_term_help

I realised, however, that people are not very active in Chinese-Chinese Kudoz. If you look at the recent Chinese-Chinese questions, most of them only have one or two answers. I think this might be because many of us do not have Chinese-Chinese Kudoz in our settings. If you would like to add Chinese-Chinese Kudoz in your settings, please follow these steps:

1. Go to the My Proz.com tab on the main page.
2. Click on My Settings.
3. Click on Languages.
4. Under Add a New Language Pair, select Chinese>Chinese.
5. Untick Show this language pair in my profile if you do not want 'Chinese' to show in your profile.

I am sure we will get more help when more people are checking Chinese-Chinese Kudoz questions.

Denyce



[Edited at 2007-09-24 06:46]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:57
English to Chinese
+ ...
weiwei, Sep 24, 2007

若不是你提醒,我还真没注意到还有 Chinese-Chinese Kudoz 呢!谢谢!

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 05:57
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
As active as English-English Kudoz Sep 24, 2007

Yueyin,

You're welcome. I hope our Chinese-Chinese Kudoz will soon be as active as English-English Kudoz.

Denyce


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 07:57
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I remember that once I used it... Sep 24, 2007

but no one answered so I had to re-post it in Chinese-English Kudoz.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 05:57
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Low activity in Chinese-Chinese Kudoz Sep 24, 2007

Chinese Concept wrote:

but no one answered so I had to re-post it in Chinese-English Kudoz.


I once told a colleague to use Chinese-Chinese Kudoz but he didn't want to. He said he would not get as many responses as in Chinese-English Kudoz. I believe there will be more participation in Chinese-Chinese Kudoz if more people have it in their language settings.

[Edited at 2007-09-24 22:48]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
原來很多人不知道或沒注意到 Sep 24, 2007

現在你們一提﹐參加的人肯定會多起來。

Denyce Seow wrote:
I believe there will be more participation in Chinese-Chinese Kudoz if more people have it in their language settings.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 05:57
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
I hope so. Sep 24, 2007

chance wrote:

現在你們一提﹐參加的人肯定會多起來。


That is my purpose for raising this topic.

[Edited at 2007-09-24 16:27]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:57
Chinese to English
+ ...
谢谢Weiwei 提醒 Sep 25, 2007

我现在马上就加。:)

Denyce Seow wrote:

Dear all,

Yesterday, two colleagues complained about a Kudoz question that asked for comments on the asker's translation. The asker posted this question because he/she was not sure of the source sentence. I checked the Kudoz rules and found that such questions are allowed but only in Chinese-Chinese Kudoz.

"Askers can also post sentences to ask for help in understanding a meaning, word order or a grammatical issue, but this should be done in the corresponding monolingual language pair."
http://www.proz.com/faq/kudoz#What_is_term_help

I realised, however, that people are not very active in Chinese-Chinese Kudoz. If you look at the recent Chinese-Chinese questions, most of them only have one or two answers. I think this might be because many of us do not have Chinese-Chinese Kudoz in our settings. If you would like to add Chinese-Chinese Kudoz in your settings, please follow these steps:

1. Go to the My Proz.com tab on the main page.
2. Click on My Settings.
3. Click on Languages.
4. Under Add a New Language Pair, select Chinese>Chinese.
5. Untick Show this language pair in my profile if you do not want 'Chinese' to show in your profile.

I am sure we will get more help when more people are checking Chinese-Chinese Kudoz questions.

Denyce



[Edited at 2007-09-24 06:46]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
最近Kudoz又有改變嗎﹖ Nov 10, 2007

我前幾天問了一個問題﹐沒有馬上打分﹐想等等看﹐而且記得一般會有郵件提醒應該打分關閉﹐這次沒有郵件提醒﹐我就差點兒忘了。當然還是提醒打分關閉前多給點時間最好﹐一周後可以提醒提醒﹐要不然不是不想打分關閉﹐而是忘了。

Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chinese-Chinese Kudoz

Advanced search






Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search