小心钱包:Attention for your online payment
Thread poster: allankliu
allankliu
allankliu
Local time: 20:46
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dec 27, 2007

This morning I got a warning from my moneybooks.com customer service center. It claimed that my account has been locked because someone is trying six times to access my account. Although I have no any penny in that "pocket". I still feel very dangerous. Someone is spying on you and trying to steal your money.

Actually my account never reveal to the public until I started my translation resumen to public and unfortunately my one of mailboxes are used in MB. And I do believe someone i
... See more
This morning I got a warning from my moneybooks.com customer service center. It claimed that my account has been locked because someone is trying six times to access my account. Although I have no any penny in that "pocket". I still feel very dangerous. Someone is spying on you and trying to steal your money.

Actually my account never reveal to the public until I started my translation resumen to public and unfortunately my one of mailboxes are used in MB. And I do believe someone is manually attack my resume online and trying to access it.

My suggestion for everyone. It seems now thieves are getting more and more smarter. Yes, smarter than us. We have to hide ourselves as well.

1) Isolate online payment mail boxes from other daily communication mailboxes.
2) Money mail boxes used in or related to online payment should be protected by strong password.
3) Money mail boxes should be invisible for public and only to biz partners.
4) Check is preferred.
5) Two bank accounts, one for receiving money, the other for your major properties.
Allan K Liu for all freelancers

==================

今天一大早收到MB的警告,有人尝试攻击我的帐户六次,导致暂时帐户封闭。我发现我的帐户是从我把自己的简历向外公开后发生的事情。而且碰巧我的帐户使用了我公开的电子邮件中的一个。看着这封信,一头冷汗。虽然帐户里没有钱。可是就怕贼惦记。有人在窥视你。你难道很爽?而且现在的网贼越来越聪明,绝对比我们个人聪明。所以必要的防范措施是必须的。

我向各位同仁推荐:
1)把MB/PP/TB/99bill等各种网络支付帐户的电子邮件和(简历上)通讯电子邮件隔离;
2)支付帐户电子邮件密码应该足够强;如果某些电子邮件被用来申请密码,也必须使用足够强的密码;
3)支付帐户电子邮件必须不对外公开;
4)使用支票;
5)推荐使用多个银行账户,把收支帐户和主要资产分开。

Allan K Liu
Collapse

Ming Fu, Qi
Ming Fu, Qi  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
My suffering is a good lesson to take! Dec 27, 2007

Actually, to the limitation of my knowledge, MB seems more convenient than PP for person without master/vista cards like me from mailand China. Even though a minor problem rising several days ago, but soon addressed after I uploaded ID card copy.

But to my PP account that put in limitation two months ago, I hardly find a way to settle. In addition, I found that it's very diffficult to withdraw money from your PP account without the aforesaid cards. Is it the specific experience in
... See more
Actually, to the limitation of my knowledge, MB seems more convenient than PP for person without master/vista cards like me from mailand China. Even though a minor problem rising several days ago, but soon addressed after I uploaded ID card copy.

But to my PP account that put in limitation two months ago, I hardly find a way to settle. In addition, I found that it's very diffficult to withdraw money from your PP account without the aforesaid cards. Is it the specific experience in my case?

What's the easiest and simpliest way for mainlanders to receive and withdraw money from PP or MB account?

Could anyone teach me in right direction?

The sea of Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Xu Dongjun
Xu Dongjun  Identity Verified
China
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
Bank Transfer Dec 27, 2007

MB -> China local bank account: $2.60
PP -> China local bank account: at least $40.00
PP -> Check -> China local bank account: around $10.00

gloucesterqi wrote:
What's the easiest and simpliest way for mainlanders to receive and withdraw money from PP or MB account?

Ming Fu, Qi
Ming Fu, Qi  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Your words are helpful Dec 28, 2007

Stonejohn, thanks for yor reply. Indeed, it's very helpful in future handling of such boring things.

From the above list you posted, MB plus bank transfer may be the best combination to facilitate liquidity for us.

Your experience must be recommended.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

小心钱包:Attention for your online payment

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »