Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >
几条与我们相关的新闻
Thread poster: Shouguang Cao

Shouguang Cao
China
Local time: 09:45
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 28, 2008

1. 美元对人民币汇率已跌破 7.2,当前为 7.19。
2. 中国中部地区,从西安到上海,普降暴雪。身处江南,窗外却白雪皑皑,一片北国景象,仿佛又回到了久违的内蒙。
3. 全球股市继续下跌。上证综指今天上午跌破 4500 点,创去年 8 月份以来的新低。
4. 台湾马英九民调显示支持率高达 50% 以上。

[Edited at 2008-01-28 10:10]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Wenjer Leuschel  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 09:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
The taste of democracy Jan 28, 2008

Dallas Cao wrote:

1. 美元对人民币汇率已跌破 7.2,当前为 7.19。
2. 中国中部地区,从西安到上海,普降暴雪。身处江南,窗外却白雪皑皑,一片北国景象,仿佛又回到了久违的内蒙。
3. 全球股市继续下跌。上证综指今天上午跌破 4500 点,创去年 8 月份以来的新低。
4. 台湾马英九民调显示支持率高达 50% 以上。


To 4., the recent parlementary election in Taiwan shows that only 58% eligible voters casted their votes and there were 46% voters of the 58% eligible voters casted their votes for DPP. That means, only 31.32% of all eligible voters supported KMT, whose president candidate Mr. Ma Yingjiu is.

Can you imagine, what would happen when the rest of the eligible voters come to cast their votes on March 11, 2008?

By the way, KMT won slightly over 3/4 seats with 31.32% of votes in the parlement due to the funny election system. This alerts Taiwanese people and they realize what would happen, if the government should be headed by KMT while the parlement is overseated by KMT, too.

A well functioning governmental system is always based on the principle of Check & Balance. You bet, people feel uneasy with the authoritarian tendency. How could that lead to over 50% of support?

I don't believe that people are so much gullible! Such things might happen in authoritarian societies where suppression of press liberty or freedom of speech prevails, but not in Taiwan. We have already tasted the power of democracy and the taste will linger, even if someone snatch it away for a while. People won't give up such a delicious taste of freedom and democracy, even when the politician try to deceive them with false polls and press releases.


[Edited at 2008-01-28 05:06]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

redred  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 09:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
很冷 Jan 28, 2008

Dallas,

江南地区不像长江以北,楼宇是不设暖气管,在零下摄氏度以下,用电暖炉取暧?在华南,这边又湿又冷,这个冬天是史上较冷的季节。

[Edited at 2008-01-28 06:15]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Shouguang Cao
China
Local time: 09:45
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
这边还好 Jan 28, 2008

感觉不是很冷,恼火的是贵州,山高天冷(-4),多个县市断电。

红红说得对,想当年在呼和浩特上大学时,室内暖气烧得跟春天一样。那会年轻,火气大,天虽然很冷,但仍然天天吃雪糕。


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:45
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
冷冰冰湿漉漉 Jan 28, 2008

杭州过去一周天气回顾:上周一至周三不时下雪,地上无积雪。上周六和周日大雪纷飞,部分地面积雪。今天大雨。

上周六饭局因大雪取消,懊恼。


Direct link Reply with quote
 

phdvet2001  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:45
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
北京还行 Jan 28, 2008

北京天气还行,就是菜价暴涨,黄瓜4元,灯笼椒5块,别的蔬菜没敢问价格。还好,鸡蛋没怎么涨价,唉,今年的年真是年关吗?物价飞涨,翻译价格却……。

Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
我们这里今年山区好大雪,滑雪的高兴 Jan 28, 2008

但是我住的诺曼底地区没下雪,上几个星期还特别暖和,令人担忧。

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Angus Woo
Local time: 09:45
Chinese to English
+ ...
上海也下了百年不遇的雪, 取消了50多班的飛機 Jan 28, 2008

這是上海外灘, 雪景外灘, 難得一見.

Photobucket

Photobucket

真榮幸, 這都能碰到.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
isahuang
Local time: 20:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
I thought you lived in Paris. Jan 28, 2008

chance wrote:

但是我住的诺曼底地区没下雪,上几个星期还特别暖和,令人担忧。


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
婷婷:好久不见! Jan 28, 2008

我都说过好几次不住巴黎,而且是乡下人。

你忙什么呢?金融发财还是大选当政?

Tingting Huang wrote:

chance wrote:

但是我住的诺曼底地区没下雪,上几个星期还特别暖和,令人担忧。


Direct link Reply with quote
 
isahuang
Local time: 20:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
不必太认真 Jan 28, 2008

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

To 4., the recent parlementary election in Taiwan shows that only 58% eligible voters casted their votes and there were 46% voters of the 58% eligible voters casted their votes for DPP. That means, only 31.32% of all eligible voters supported KMT, whose president candidate Mr. Ma Yingjiu is.

Can you imagine, what would happen when the rest of the eligible voters come to cast their votes on March 11, 2008?

By the way, KMT won slightly over 3/4 seats with 31.32% of votes in the parlement due to the funny election system. This alerts Taiwanese people and they realize what would happen, if the government should be headed by KMT while the parlement is overseated by KMT, too.

A well functioning governmental system is always based on the principle of Check & Balance. You bet, people feel uneasy with the authoritarian tendency. How could that lead to over 50% of support?

I don't believe that people are so much gullible! Such things might happen in authoritarian societies where suppression of press liberty or freedom of speech prevails, but not in Taiwan. We have already tasted the power of democracy and the taste will linger, even if someone snatch it away for a while. People won't give up such a delicious taste of freedom and democracy, even when the politician try to deceive them with false polls and press releases.


[Edited at 2008-01-28 05:06]


文哲大哥,统计数据总会有standard error嘛,个人有个人的观点,大家都不是三岁小孩,有分析事物的能力。你有你的strong opinion,别人同样也有,而且不见得都是专制下的产物。


Direct link Reply with quote
 
isahuang
Local time: 20:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
我不常上论坛, Jan 28, 2008

chance wrote:

我都说过好几次不住巴黎,而且是乡下人。

你忙什么呢?金融发财还是大选当政?

Tingting Huang wrote:

chance wrote:

但是我住的诺曼底地区没下雪,上几个星期还特别暖和,令人担忧。


所以没看到你不住巴黎的声明;)
最近也没忙什么,发财是暂时不想了,等美国经济走出低谷,我财能重见天日。


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Milton Guo  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 09:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
Weird Jan 28, 2008

南方雪灾,北方晴天。。。。广州火车站几十万人滞留,京珠高速公路数万人滞留,回家的人,在寒雪中渴望家庭的温暖。。。

once in more than 50 years. ....!!!


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
最近想读点“反资本主义” Jan 28, 2008

最近不想干活儿还老有活儿。等抽时间翻几段出来,届时想听听你的意见。

Tingting Huang wrote:

最近也没忙什么,发财是暂时不想了,等美国经济走出低谷,我财能重见天日。


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Hanyi Magnusson  Identity Verified
Bermuda
Local time: 21:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
也许是好消息 Jan 28, 2008

Dallas Cao wrote:

1. 美元对人民币汇率已跌破 7.2,当前为 7.19。
2. 中国中部地区,从西安到上海,普降暴雪。身处江南,窗外却白雪皑皑,一片北国景象,仿佛又回到了久违的内蒙。
3. 全球股市继续下跌。上证综指今天上午跌破 4500 点,创去年 8 月份以来的新低。
Edited at 2008-01-28 10:10]


假想:“...可以将手里所有上证的A股抛掉,把人民币存入银行;在家里煲火锅赏雪过年;等春天政府重新颁发允许国内个人投资香港证券及其他国家证券市场时,再用升值的人民币去买那些没有超值的H股和海外上市的中国股...":D


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

几条与我们相关的新闻

Advanced search






CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search