Copywriting forum?
Thread poster: Lingua 5B

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 05:52
German to Serbian
+ ...
Nov 4, 2016

I was just thinking it may be good to have one on ProZ. We could exchange ideas, but more importantly, organize writing sessions or writing contests on some topics. We could then vote the best piece. The forms could be poems, short stories, articles, drama/dialogues, etc.

While it's a separate world from translation, it's still related, and may be a good additional training for advancing or conditioning language skills.

Feedback please?


 

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 10:52
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Protection of payment Nov 4, 2016

Lingua 5B wrote:

I was just thinking it may be good to have one on ProZ. We could exchange ideas, but more importantly, organize writing sessions or writing contests on some topics. We could then vote the best piece. The forms could be poems, short stories, articles, drama/dialogues, etc.

While it's a separate world from translation, it's still related, and may be a good additional training for advancing or conditioning language skills.

Feedback please?


I support this idea. My key focus is on protection of translators against non-payment, the weaker in this language industry.

Soonthon L.


 

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:52
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
You mean something like this? Nov 4, 2016

In the late 1950s, the Wool Marketing Board (UK) ran a series of advertisements with rhymes ending in the line: "There is no substitute for wool".

I wrote one, as follows, and submitted it to them (just before Halloween, 1957), but they didn't use it.

‘Twas at the witching midnight hour
When Anne Boleyn walked round the Tower,
With stately step, serene and calm,
And head tucked underneath her arm.
She had no fear of winter ills.
Her woollen cloak kept out the chills.
For gremlin, banshee, ghost or ghoul,
There is no substitute for wool.


 

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 23:52
SITE FOUNDER
Copywriting / transcreation forum added Nov 4, 2016

Good suggestion! http://www.proz.com/forum/1856

I have moved some existing threads into the new forum.


 

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 05:52
German to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Henry. Nov 4, 2016

That was very fast, thank you. Hope the forum will be active and we will see some great interactions and pieces created. A contest would be great too.

 

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:52
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Brilliant! Nov 4, 2016

Jack Doughty wrote:

‘Twas at the witching midnight hour
When Anne Boleyn walked round the Tower,
With stately step, serene and calm,
And head tucked underneath her arm.
She had no fear of winter ills.
Her woollen cloak kept out the chills.
For gremlin, banshee, ghost or ghoul,
There is no substitute for wool.



Brilliant!

[Edited at 2016-11-04 14:54 GMT]


 

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 05:52
German to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Interesting rhymes. Nov 4, 2016

Jack Doughty wrote:

In the late 1950s, the Wool Marketing Board (UK) ran a series of advertisements with rhymes ending in the line: "There is no substitute for wool".

I wrote one, as follows, and submitted it to them (just before Halloween, 1957), but they didn't use it.

‘Twas at the witching midnight hour
When Anne Boleyn walked round the Tower,
With stately step, serene and calm,
And head tucked underneath her arm.
She had no fear of winter ills.
Her woollen cloak kept out the chills.
For gremlin, banshee, ghost or ghoul,
There is no substitute for wool.




It's also full of history. Written in 1957, mentioning Anne Boleyn (1500s). Good job, we like it, even though WMB didn't use it.icon_biggrin.gif


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copywriting forum?

Advanced search







WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search