Thread poster: Olaf Reibedanz

Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 21:19
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Sep 9, 2008

While working on a project, all of a sudden my AutoSearch window disappeared. If I remember correctly, this occurred after I made an accidental mouse-click either inside or on top of the AutoSearch window while moving my mouse.

I have tried the following methods to recover the AutoSearch window - without any success:
- I clicked on the "ASr" button
- I opened and closed the project
- I repaired the project
- I restarted the computer
- I installed the latest build of DVX

Any other suggestions? Should I perhaps completely reinstall Deja Vu on my computer?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Olaf

[Edited at 2008-09-09 05:38]

Direct link Reply with quote

Katherine Mérignac  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:19
Member (2004)
French to English
Try executing this file Sep 9, 2008

Hi Olaf,

It sounds similar to a problem I had when trying the software out for the first time. I found this in their knowledge base and it did the job - was pulling my hair out for a hwile first though! If you can't find the file with the link below then let me know because I saved it, so could send you a copy. Hope it helps.

Best,

Kate

HOWTO: The Déjà Vu X windows have changed their possition and some of them have dissapeared. How can I restore the original position of Déjà Vu X's windows?

Last updated: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 12:24

Applies to: DVX Standard, DVX Professional, DVX Workgroup

You should close Déjà Vu X, download and execute the following file:
http://www.atril.com/dvx/MenuLayoutDelete.reg

This file will restore the default layout of Déjà Vu X.

Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 21:19
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Sep 9, 2008

Thanks Katherine! I had actually tried that link out yesterday but the link didn't work, probably just because of my internet connection (I had forgotten to mention this in my posting). However, you seem to have brought me good luck - I just tried it out again and now it worked.

Problem solved!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

AutoSearch window has disappeared!

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search