Thread poster: Edward Bradburn

Edward Bradburn
Germany
Local time: 15:40
German to English
+ ...
Mar 26, 2009

Hi Folks,

Recently, I have been doing more work with INX format files. One client has noted that the hyphenation seems "broken" (e.g. "outsta-nding" instead of "out-standing") when he re-imports the files I have translated into InDesign.

Since hyphenation is apparently not used in Deja Vu, does anyone have any advice on the best strategy here?

Perhaps turn off hyphenation in InDesign before exporting/importing? Tweak the filter somehow (?)

My client is using InDesign CS3 and I am using the latest DVX Professional build.

TIA,

Ed

Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Not an expert really... Mar 26, 2009

... but running it through TagEditor and use the ttx filter might be worth trying, too.

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
It might be a good idea... Mar 26, 2009

...to set the correct language for the translated text after the re-import. To me, this looks like a typical case of source language hyphenation for a translated text.

HTH,

Benjamin

Edward Bradburn
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great tips! Mar 26, 2009

Thanks for the hints!

I have supplied my client with a TRADOS "version" .. will wait and see how that turns out.

Benjamin's point about language selection is also extremely well made! I'll pass that on and let you both know how it turns out.

Thanks for your help!

Ed

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

INX files: hyphenation broken on re-import

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search