Edward Bradburn
Edward Bradburn
Germany
Local time: 20:59
German to English
+ ...
Mar 26, 2009

Hi Folks,

Recently, I have been doing more work with INX format files. One client has noted that the hyphenation seems "broken" (e.g. "outsta-nding" instead of "out-standing") when he re-imports the files I have translated into InDesign.

Since hyphenation is apparently not used in Deja Vu, does anyone have any advice on the best strategy here?

Perhaps turn off hyphenation in InDesign before exporting/importing? Tweak the filter somehow (?)

My
... See more
Hi Folks,

Recently, I have been doing more work with INX format files. One client has noted that the hyphenation seems "broken" (e.g. "outsta-nding" instead of "out-standing") when he re-imports the files I have translated into InDesign.

Since hyphenation is apparently not used in Deja Vu, does anyone have any advice on the best strategy here?

Perhaps turn off hyphenation in InDesign before exporting/importing? Tweak the filter somehow (?)

My client is using InDesign CS3 and I am using the latest DVX Professional build.

TIA,

Ed
Collapse

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Not an expert really... Mar 26, 2009

... but running it through TagEditor and use the ttx filter might be worth trying, too.

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
It might be a good idea... Mar 26, 2009

...to set the correct language for the translated text after the re-import. To me, this looks like a typical case of source language hyphenation for a translated text.

HTH,

Benjamin

Edward Bradburn
Edward Bradburn
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great tips! Mar 26, 2009

Thanks for the hints!

I have supplied my client with a TRADOS "version" .. will wait and see how that turns out.

Benjamin's point about language selection is also extremely well made! I'll pass that on and let you both know how it turns out.

Thanks for your help!

Ed

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

INX files: hyphenation broken on re-import

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »