Problem importing ttx files into DVX (on Windows7)
Thread poster: Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 23:28
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Dec 16, 2009

Dear All,

I recently migrated to a new notebook that runs on Windows 7. (My previous OS was XP.)

I'm experiencing a strange problem with DVX. When I try to import a pre-translated .ttx file into DVX, only full matches are shown even when the row selector status is "All rows".

Normally it should import all segments from the Trados-segmented file, with full matches actually shown, while all other segments are displayed with an empty target.

What
... See more
Dear All,

I recently migrated to a new notebook that runs on Windows 7. (My previous OS was XP.)

I'm experiencing a strange problem with DVX. When I try to import a pre-translated .ttx file into DVX, only full matches are shown even when the row selector status is "All rows".

Normally it should import all segments from the Trados-segmented file, with full matches actually shown, while all other segments are displayed with an empty target.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks folks from snow-covered Budapest

Csaba
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 00:28
English to Turkish
+ ...
TTX files Dec 16, 2009

Hi Csaba,

Is the TTX file completely segmented in Trados?

http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/1610/

[Edited at 2009-12-16 16:26 GMT]

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 23:28
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
cok tesekkür ederim Dec 16, 2009

Dear Selcuk,

Thank you, now it works.

I also re-installed Trados and DVX on my new computer, so they probably reverted to default settings.

If anyone comes across the same problem, here's the solution (copied from the article referenced above)

In Trados Workbench select the menu option Options -> Translation Memory Options… and make sure that the checkbox option "Copy source on no match" is marked. In the dialog for the menu option Tools ->
... See more
Dear Selcuk,

Thank you, now it works.

I also re-installed Trados and DVX on my new computer, so they probably reverted to default settings.

If anyone comes across the same problem, here's the solution (copied from the article referenced above)

In Trados Workbench select the menu option Options -> Translation Memory Options… and make sure that the checkbox option "Copy source on no match" is marked. In the dialog for the menu option Tools -> Translate, mark the option to "Segment unknown sentences".

Csaba
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem importing ttx files into DVX (on Windows7)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »