Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
I bought the Deja Vu X software for 900 E (before they changed the prices), but my dongle got stolen
Thread poster: Will J. Bravo
Will J. Bravo
Will J. Bravo
Local time: 23:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 22, 2010

Hello folks;

I bought the Déjà Vu X Professional software for 900 Euros about a year ago. I really liked the system, but then one day I got mugged and they stole my backpack with my laptop and other personal stuff. My dongle to use the software was in there. For almost an entire year, I have been trying to get Atril's support to at least answer my e-mails. No success at all. This has got to be the WORST customer service with which I ever had to deal.

I'd be willi
... See more
Hello folks;

I bought the Déjà Vu X Professional software for 900 Euros about a year ago. I really liked the system, but then one day I got mugged and they stole my backpack with my laptop and other personal stuff. My dongle to use the software was in there. For almost an entire year, I have been trying to get Atril's support to at least answer my e-mails. No success at all. This has got to be the WORST customer service with which I ever had to deal.

I'd be willing to buy another dongle and have it sent to me, but I would have to talk to somebody in their Support Dept. first. Has anybody faced this problem before and, if you have, how did you solve it?

I apologize in advance if there's another thread in here regarding this issue, but quite frankly, I'd love for this topic to be highly visible. I cannot believe a company that charges so much for a software offers SO LITTLE support to their customers. It almost feels as if they did not care to provide any support at all.

Thanks so much for your help, folks.

Will

[Edited at 2010-03-22 06:12 GMT]
Collapse

Alice Wolfe, DDS (X)
Alice Wolfe, DDS (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:50
English to Danish
+ ...
new dongle Mar 22, 2010

Hi Will,

Did you go through atril.com or powerling.com? I think powerling is the official distributor and may be the way to go, but I am utterly surprised. I have used Deja Vu for more than 10 years and have always been very impressed with their customer service. When I managed to break my dongle a while back, I contacted them via phone and they replaced it quickly, albeit at cost of about USD100, I think.

Good luck,
Alice

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
They should reply Mar 22, 2010

Maybe it was just weekend or a public holiday. They always answered in my case, and my dongle got lost and/or destroyed twice. AFAIK, Powerling only deals with the European market, but they might helpful enough to remind Atril to answer. Most likely, you will be given a 30 or 60 day code, so you can continue working. Good luck!

Javier Arrizabalaga
Javier Arrizabalaga
Local time: 07:50
[email protected] Mar 22, 2010

Dear Will,

Apologies for the trouble, but we could not find any message from you in our support account.
We are on the time zone GMT +1, and we are on the office from 8:30 to 19:00. You can find our phone number in our website: http://www.atril.com/agents/rest.asp

You can also contact us by mail in [email protected]
... See more
Dear Will,

Apologies for the trouble, but we could not find any message from you in our support account.
We are on the time zone GMT +1, and we are on the office from 8:30 to 19:00. You can find our phone number in our website: http://www.atril.com/agents/rest.asp

You can also contact us by mail in [email protected] in order to solve any issue you have with Déjà Vu X.

Please, send us an email with your dongle number (it should be in your Déjà Vu X invoice) and your personal information, and we will send you the steps of how to proceed.

Best regards,
Collapse

Will J. Bravo
Will J. Bravo
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias Mar 22, 2010

Thanks a bunch for your help, Alice and Wolfgang, it's much appreciated.

Mr. Arrizabalaga, I will be sending an e-mail with the information you requested. Thanks in advance for your help.

Will

Will J. Bravo
Will J. Bravo
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
E-mail sent Apr 8, 2010

Dear Mr. Arrizabalaga;

I have just sent an e-mail to the address you provided. I took me a while to do so, as I have been really busy as of late and I have been using a temporary 30-day code for the software.

I have sent my information, including the dongle number. However, I was wondering if there is a way I can continue working with a code, as I really do not wish to be facing so many inconveniences to get a new dongle in case it gets stolen again (or broken or mis
... See more
Dear Mr. Arrizabalaga;

I have just sent an e-mail to the address you provided. I took me a while to do so, as I have been really busy as of late and I have been using a temporary 30-day code for the software.

I have sent my information, including the dongle number. However, I was wondering if there is a way I can continue working with a code, as I really do not wish to be facing so many inconveniences to get a new dongle in case it gets stolen again (or broken or misplaced). The ATRIL software is extremely proficient, but at the same time is one of the costliest ones in the market and I believe it works on an extremely inconvenient key system (dongle).

Mr. Arrizabalaga, I sent my first e-mail to that address on May last year (I sent various others thereafter), but it wasn't until I came to the forum here at ProZ.com that I got an answer from your company. And for various months I was unable to use the software. Can you help?

I really appreciate your attention to this matter.

Cheers,

Will
Collapse

Javier Arrizabalaga
Javier Arrizabalaga
Answer about the dongle Apr 12, 2010

Hi Will,

Did you receive the message I sent you last Thursday?
Unfortunately, the only way to activate DVX is using the dongle. We will try to apply an alternative activation method for the new DVX version.

Best regards

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Atril throws out the dongles? Apr 13, 2010

Javier Arrizabalaga wrote:

Did you receive the message I sent you last Thursday?
Unfortunately, the only way to activate DVX is using the dongle. We will try to apply an alternative activation method for the new DVX version.

Alternative as a choice or as a must?

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2010-04-14 11:22 GMT]

Javier Arrizabalaga
Javier Arrizabalaga
Next version activation method Apr 13, 2010

I didn't explain it properly. I will be a choice.

Regards!!

Grzegorz Gryc
French to Polish
+ ...
Thanks... Apr 14, 2010

Javier Arrizabalaga wrote:

I didn't explain it properly. I will be a choice.

Thanks for the confirmation

The flexibility the dongle gives is unvaluable...

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2010-04-14 11:28 GMT]

Javier Arrizabalaga
Javier Arrizabalaga
Dongle Apr 14, 2010

I'm happy to hear that. Many other users hate the dongle.

Regards!

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Dongle, dongle, dongle Apr 14, 2010

I second that wholeheartedly! Glad you make it a choice and that the dongle is here to stay.

By the way: Did I hear "new DVX version"?

Javier Arrizabalaga
Javier Arrizabalaga
New DVX version Apr 14, 2010

I can't say nothing else...

Grzegorz Gryc
French to Polish
+ ...
New DVX version Apr 14, 2010

Wolfgang Jörissen wrote:

By the way: Did I hear "new DVX version"?

Some months ago, announced for Q2 2010.
Probably June, I think.

But in the meantime, I would like some bug fixing for 7.5.316.
The keyboard handling is awful.
The Ctrl and/or Shift combinations with arrows is a pain in the arse now.
I will not revert to the old solid 7.5.303 but I'm missing it.

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2010-04-14 14:07 GMT]

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:50
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Glad to know the dongle is here to stay! Apr 14, 2010

Count me as another delighted dongle user. Thank goodness we'll continue to have that choice!

Yolanda Broad

PS I haven't noticed any difference in the behavior of "Ctrl and/or Shift combinations with arrows," but maybe I'm not using DVX in a sophisticated enough way. What kind of issues are you having, Grzegorz?

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I bought the Deja Vu X software for 900 E (before they changed the prices), but my dongle got stolen

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »