Part of HMTL file missing
Thread poster: Paul Tindall

Paul Tindall  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:21
French to English
Jun 12, 2010

Hi,

I am trying out DVX and have been translating an html file. I have run into a problem in that some of the text that appears when the file is viewed in Internet Explorer does not appear in DVX. This content is definitely present in the local file but DVX seems to be hiding it or not seeing it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 19:21
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Other files? Jun 12, 2010

Hi Paul,

Is it a single html file or a html file with a folder (including images and some other html files or java, flash files)?

Selcuk

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
with a folder Jun 12, 2010

Hi Selcuk,

It is a file with an associated folder (although the text is in the file itself)

Thanks,

Paul

Turkey
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Test Jun 12, 2010

I guess the missing text is from one of the files located in the folder. It is easy to test, what happens if you delete those files inside the folder? Can Internet Explorer display the text after deleting those files?

Caution: Perform this test on a Copy of the files, not the original ones.

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Still there Jun 12, 2010

If I delete the contents of the folder I lose the background, images etc but the text I want is still there when viewed with IE.

Turkey
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
send the files Jun 12, 2010

I have to see the files to find out the problem. Can you send the files (if not confidential).

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
have just sent you a PM Jun 12, 2010

Have just sent you a PM

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
HMTL file saves differently depending on the browser Jun 13, 2010

Selcuk,

Thanks again for your help on this.

I have now downloaded Firefox and found that when I import the same webpage as saved in Firefox the missing text reappears. I had originally used IE to save the page, and later tried Opera (which produced the same result as IE).

Just to reiterate, the text is there in the IE version but is not extracted by DVX. On the other hand, it is extracted by Trados 2009.

I don't know enough about hmtl to comment on why this should be the case, but am posting in case the issue is of interest to anyone else.

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Part of HMTL file missing

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search