Amalgamate two projects
Thread poster: QUOI

QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
Jul 11, 2010

Hi Fellow DVX users,
I wonder if there is a way to amalgamate two or more projects into one in DVX, ie import a project into another.
Thanks
Ray

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:38
French to Polish
+ ...
No normal way Jul 12, 2010

2114 wrote:

I wonder if there is a way to amalgamate two or more projects into one in DVX, ie import a project into another.

You can't do it in a normal way.

I think the easiest workaround is to reimport the files from one project to the second one, merge the TMs (you can do it in an easy way) and pretranslate.

If you have Pro and you use already two termbases, the termbase export/import will be the most painful experience (not very difficult but a gazillion of clicks).

Cheers
GG

QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's the path I am taking at the moment. Jul 15, 2010

But when I have sub-projects (in a manner of speaking) from a number of translators, this becomes a tedious chore that also makes it easier to introduce mistakes.

[Edited at 2010-07-15 05:52 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Amalgamate two projects

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search