Thread poster: LisaV20

LisaV20  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:05
German to English
+ ...
Jul 22, 2010

Hello,

I was trained on Deja Vu professional at my university and now bought Deja Vu Standard.

I realize that the AutoSearch is no longer available, but would like to know if it is still possible to have frequently-used terminology carried over to future sentences. (for example, I am working on a respiratory text that repeats 'carbon dioxide' a lot) The woman there told me to use CRTL + S and I asked her what that would do and she didn't really tell me (wasn't very helpful).

Would any of you kind souls be able to help me?

Thank you very much.

Lisa Vitale

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:05
French to Polish
+ ...
Assemble... Jul 22, 2010

LisaV20 wrote:

I was trained on Deja Vu professional at my university and now bought Deja Vu Standard.

I realize that the AutoSearch is no longer available,

The problem is the Standard version is really castrated and all the splendid automation of the Pro version is gone...

but would like to know if it is still possible to have frequently-used terminology carried over to future sentences. (for example, I am working on a respiratory text that repeats 'carbon dioxide' a lot) The woman there told me to use CRTL+S

Try rather Ctrl+A (Assemble) in every empty segment.

and I asked her what that would do and she didn't really tell me (wasn't very helpful).

Quoting a Polish cult movie, "'cause it was a bad woman" icon_smile.gif

Would any of you kind souls be able to help me?

Consider the upgrade to Pro, it's worth of it.
As a student, you have a 50% discount, you're aware of it?

Cheers
GG

Herbert Eppel  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:05
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Upgrade to Pro version Jul 23, 2010

Dear Lisa

I second Grzegorz's comments.

The Standard version really isn't particularly useful and you should definitely consider upgrading to the Pro version. As Grzegorz indicated, the Standard version doesn't have any of the Auto functions that make DejaVu so powerful.

For a version overview see http://www.atril.com/featurecomparison.asp?InFrame=true

Regards

Herbert

Herbert Eppel  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:05
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Differences not explained? Jul 23, 2010

Dear Lisa

On further reflection I wonder whether the differences between Standard and Pro were not explained properly during your training, or whether you made a conscious decision to buy the Standard version?

Regards

Herbert

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Differences between Deja Vu Standard and Deja Vu Professional

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €495 / $595
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €495 / $595 / £425 / ¥70,000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search