Germany
Local time: 08:37
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Mar 12, 2012

Dear colleagues,

the following problem occured:
I could import and open a .docx file (and translate it) without any problems. Every content of the numerous text fields has been imported and translated. When re-converting the translated project file, those text fields contained without exception just the source text. Because I am in a hurry, I saved the source file as .doc, pretranslated it and then I could export a nice target-doc with all text fields translated. Why couldn´t DVX2 convert the original .docx? Many thanks for any hints!

Best regards,

Matthias

Direct link Reply with quote

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 09:37
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
embedded objects? Mar 12, 2012

You may need to update those fields in translated document, simply click in them, fields will be updated - looks like a miracle. There are problems with legacy embedded objects created with previous versions of Office applications, e.g. an Excel 2003 table in Word 2007.

But Atril has a solution for it as well. There is a Deja Vu X2 menu in Word 2007 (and other Office 2007 applications). In that menu you will find Convert All Objects to Office 2007/2010 and Refresh All Objects.

Refresh All Objects is easier than clicking in all those fields.

Selcuk

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Didn´t work Mar 12, 2012

Hi Selcuk,

thank you for your reply. Yes, I already noticed the function you mentioned, but it unfortunately didn´t work. Also the phenomena clicking into those fields didn´t work like you described.

Best regards,

Matthias

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Second (or third?) attempt was succesul Mar 14, 2012

...I repeatedly imported the source, pretranslated it and for no reason I finally succeeded even in the .docx. Strange enough...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DV doesn´t export translated content of text fields in .docx files

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search