Switch between source and target language in DejàVu TM
Thread poster: Elena Ghetti

Elena Ghetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:23
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 17, 2004

is this possible?

my memory is:
- source Italian and German
- target English

and I want a memory:
- source Italian
- target German and English

thanks!


 

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 02:23
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Reverse Database Jun 17, 2004

Open "Database Maintenance" - Tools - Reverse database - then select the database you wantg to reserve.

I have never done this, but it should work as I described.

regards,
Csaba


 

Elena Ghetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:23
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
unable to find "reverse database" Jun 17, 2004

Hi, thank you for your answer
I forgot to mention that I have DejàVu X Professional and my tools menu does not contain "reverse database"
....is it possible that this control is missing in DVX?
thanks,
Elena

Csaba Ban wrote:

Open "Database Maintenance" - Tools - Reverse database - then select the database you wantg to reserve.

I have never done this, but it should work as I described.

regards,
Csaba


 

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 02:23
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
DV3 Jun 17, 2004

I use DV3. In this older version there is DVI, the actual software you are using for translation, and a separate DB management software. "DB reverse" is this latter software.

If you do not find an answer here at Proz.com, you may want to post your query at the DV discussion group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/


 

Elena Ghetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:23
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 17, 2004

You are very kind, thanks, already tried the dejavu-l community, but received no answer, I feel it is very "populated" and many messages "go unnoticed"
ciao!
Elena

Csaba Ban wrote:

I use DV3. In this older version there is DVI, the actual software you are using for translation, and a separate DB management software. "DB reverse" is this latter software.

If you do not find an answer here at Proz.com, you may want to post your query at the DV discussion group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/


 

Del01 (X)
Local time: 02:23
German to Spanish
+ ...
you don't need to reverse databases Jun 17, 2004

Elena Ghetti wrote:

is this possible?

my memory is:
- source Italian and German
- target English

and I want a memory:
- source Italian
- target German and English

thanks!


Elena, in DVX, terminology and memory databases are multidirectional, i.e., DVX will automatically use the needed direction according to the proyect you created.

Regards,

Ignacio


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Switch between source and target language in DejàVu TM

Advanced search






SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search